WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Riverbound Units Discussion

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I drove by them today..

Talk about running out of dirt in Havasu. IT’s cool
That they are tall, but we are building beach houses with no beach now?

RD
Do you know The asking price for these? I can’t help but think they aren’t much cheaper than a regular smaller house with an RV garage but I don’t know.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Do you know The asking price for these? I can’t help but think they aren’t much cheaper than a regular smaller house with an RV garage but I don’t know.

If they are at $300k, seems like an ok deal.. but I bet these are closer to $350k+. Those tiny house deals with a detached garage In town are high $100k, I think I’ve seen them touch $200k

Last edited:

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
If they are at $300k, seems like an ok deal.. but I bet these are closer to $350k+. Those tiny house deals with a detached garage In town are high $100k, I think I’ve seen them touch $200k
Maybe so, there’s a small track of homes on the north side that was just built with RV garages I think they we’re about $459,000 for new construction I think in the 1300 to 1500 square-foot range homes with an RV garage.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
There are 4 different models
Highest is $399k
Most that are built are already sold from my source
But pretty sure they will make more

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
There are 4 different models
Highest is $399k
Most that are built are already sold from my source
But pretty sure they will make more

For that price you can find a house with a STD height boat deep garage and a yard. Just depends on what you want.

Last edited:

LowRiver2

Reaction score
For that price you can find a house with a STD height boat deep garage and a yard. Just depends on what you want.
I need an RV garage
Toon is 10’ high with biminis down and 39’ on the trailer. RV garages are at least 11 months out for a build on to an existing home with standard garage

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Asks next door neighbor out the second story window. "Do you have a any Grey Poupon?"
In all seriousness, if you are going build a development with units on top of each other, it better damn well be water front.
Bunch of God Damned Amatuers!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I need an RV garage
Toon is 10’ high with biminis down and 39’ on the trailer. RV garages are at least 11 months out for a build on to an existing home with standard garage

You ballers with you PPP funds :)

I may need to come out to Havasu this week, might have to take a look at these. They would make good rentals.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Asks next door neighbor out the second story window. "Do you have a any Grey Poupon?"
In all seriousness, if you are going build a development with units on top of each other, it better damn well be water front.
Bunch of God Damned Amatuers!

They know their market is CA folks that are used to that anyway.

When you are paying several hundred a month just to store your crap in Havasu, and $1k+ per trip on lodging, eating out, etc. the prospect of purchasing an appreciating asset and eliminating endless low value recurring costs is pretty appealing, especially with interest rates at all time lows.

LowRiver2

Reaction score

When you are paying several hundred a month just to store your crap in Havasu, and $1k+ per trip on lodging, eating out, etc. the prospect of purchasing an appreciating asset and eliminating endless low value recurring costs is pretty appealing, especially with interest rates at all time lows.
This

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score

^^^ THIS

And LOW maintenance!

I’m not from CA, but this describes my program perfectly. I’d now have a place to store the boat & some sort of tow rig, so I’m now a cheap flight to Vegas, then a $3 rental car to Havasu and I’m set. That said, I’m not a player at a dollar over $300k.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
^^^ THIS

And LOW maintenance!

I’m not from CA, but this describes my program perfectly. I’d now have a place to store the boat & some sort of tow rig, so I’m now a cheap flight to Vegas, then a $3 rental car to Havasu and I’m set. That said, I’m not a player at a dollar over $300k.

I forgot to mention the maintenance part. Absolute home run there.

To your point, what you are looking for exists now (not in high quantities) if your boat is not to tall or over 32-35 feet long on the trailer. but every dimension of the garage is critical, and you might have to make a compromise or two.

There is a family just down the street from me with a nice average looking, probably 20 year old Havasu house. It has a 2 car garage, probably 3 beds 2 baths. I see him when the weekend starts pull his orange 28’ Howard deck out of the garage. The tops of the front seats clear the top of the garage door by less than an inch. The boat sits in half the garage down the “boat lane” with little room to spare length or width wise. I don’t think he can get into the garage from inside the house with the boat in there. He parks the boat with his trailer hooked to his truck along the side of the garage and just leaves it outside with the bimini up on the weekends they there.

I’m glad the setup works out for them.

DLC

Reaction score

To your point, what you are looking for exists now (not in high quantities) if your boat is not to tall or over 32-35 feet long on the trailer. but every dimension of the garage is critical, and you might have to make a compromise or two.

There is a family just down the street from me with a nice average looking, probably 20 year old Havasu house. It has a 2 car garage, probably 3 beds 2 baths. I see him when the weekend starts pull his orange 28’ Howard deck out of the garage. The tops of the front seats clear the top of the garage door by less than an inch. The boat sits in half the garage down the “boat lane” with little room to spare length or width wise. I don’t think he can get into the garage from inside the house with the boat in there. He parks the boat with his trailer hooked to his truck along the side of the garage and just leaves it outside with the bimini up on the weekends they there.

the really big problem is real estate is just SO inflated Right now!
double RV garage STORAGE Is $150,000.00 That huge just to park something.

i try to keep an eye on the Realestate market for maybe a rental or for friends But it’s just way blown out in Havasu.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score

There are options, but as I look at those, I see 10-15 year old HVAC systems that need replacement and updated, I see plumbing systems that are either copper or CPVC that are time bombs, I see old insulation standards that need updating........ the list goes on.

These are new, and with 1 ounce of influence, and a little negotiation, I think a guy could essentially walk in and relax for 10 years.

The problem with being out of state, is even the small shit turns into big shit because you aren’t there, and can’t be there in an afternoon drive to manage it. And when I am there, I don’t want to fuck with it, I want to enjoy it!

gqchris

Reaction score
the really big problem is real estate is just SO inflated Right now!
double RV garage STORAGE Is $150,000.00 That huge just to park something.

i try to keep an eye on the Realestate market for maybe a rental or for friends But it’s just way blown out in Havasu.

I agree. It really prices out a normal guy like me. Way too expensive for a second home until a back to reality correction happens.

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
@RiverDiva - any info you can share when you have time. These look like a good vacation home. Then again the Islander will be hard to leave.
Sorry for the delay! I’ve been working like a maniac all weekend. Here’s one of the homes. Completion Date is 11/30/20.

I love this concept. I don’t love the location necessarily. While convenientMy next to downtown shops and food, it’s right near the medical district and immediately next to apartments, condos and duplexes. I believe they are priced accordingly, and like some have said when facing the price of $150k for a 24x50 storage unit (sold another one of those yesterday) it may make since for the weekend warrior.

Correct I just listed and sold Mimosa first day on the market, listed for $350k and sold for over ask within a couple hours on the market. 57’ garage sealed the deal. The $300-$450k market with any kind of garage, pool or side parking are being bought up in a frenzy these days. I have a highly qualified buyer trying to buy with 5% down and we are on like the 8th house she has lost to Cash offers beating her out. It’s tough out there right now. Us agents are glued to the MLS and literally door knocking to find our clients homes ahead of the rush. Multiple offers, appraisal waivers, inspection waivers, etc. it’s insane

You ballers with you PPP funds :)

I may need to come out to Havasu this week, might have to take a look at these. They would make good rentals.

Let us know if you need some help while looking around.

32' would be nice, 35' ideal.
It’s doable. Let us know if you want us to setup a search. We are always here and happy to help. Team RDP has 8 agents ready to assist in any way we can. 928-225-3375

Bails

Reaction score
If you guys are looking at those boat condos in the middle of no where you should look in desert hills. It's near the Walmart. I have a view of speed alley, it's only a sliver but it is a water view. Community pool, you own the land, the hoa fee is something like $20 bucks a quarter. You can get a nice place for 200k right now and build yourself a garage or car port.

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
Correct I just listed and sold Mimosa first day on the market, listed for $350k and sold for over ask within a couple hours on the market. 57’ garage sealed the deal. The $300-$450k market with any kind of garage, pool or side parking are being bought up in a frenzy these days. I have a highly qualified buyer trying to buy with 5% down and we are on like the 8th house she has lost to Cash offers beating her out. It’s tough out there right now. Us agents are glued to the MLS and literally door knocking to find our clients homes ahead of the rush. Multiple offers, appraisal waivers, inspection waivers, etc. it’s insane

My neighbors bought that. I tried to steer them to you but evidently they had an agent from So Cal... 🤷‍♂️

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I ended up not going by today
Wife wants a pool

Oh well, I think it’s clear these house on top / garage on bottom units will sell.

Last edited:

lbhsbz

Reaction score

A steel building in the middle the desert on leased land is not an “appreciating asset”.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I like this concept. Once Im retired I dont want a big yard, dont want to stay put. Big enough garage to hold everything, Small enough house to leave for months at a time.
Near the action on McC to walk too. Or rent it.

Singleton

Reaction score
I like this concept. Once Im retired I dont want a big yard, dont want to stay put. Big enough garage to hold everything, Small enough house to leave for months at a time.

Logical thinking. Would allow tax basis to be AZ, while I travel around, if I ever retire.
I like the concept, would prefer a better location.
Big enough for me and the wife plus visiters for a short period of time.
Garage that stores all the toys (Boat, Jeep, RV).
While the future grandkids would want a pool, I would consider placing RV @ Islander for the summer to deal with that. I don’t want a ton of yard maintenance and pool BS when I retire.

franky

Reaction score
Logical thinking. Would allow tax basis to be AZ, while I travel around, if I ever retire.
I like the concept, would prefer a better location.
Big enough for me and the wife plus visiters for a short period of time.
Garage that stores all the toys (Boat, Jeep, RV).
While the future grandkids would want a pool, I would consider placing RV @ Islander for the summer to deal with that. I don’t want a ton of yard maintenance and pool BS when I retire.
Yeah the location is no bueno

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Yeah the location is no bueno

I would imagine if these sell quick there will be more of them. The demand is there I feel like.

If they had a little walled in back yard and you could put up a patio cover for privacy and a spa under there it could be a really cool little pad. That might make the entire thing too long though.

I could see them filling a section in the Riviera with them and selling them for $600K each too.

Last edited:

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
Actually for $399K you can buy a lot in Havasu and have an RV House built.
Just curious, in this scenario, what is your lot budget? Seems like the lots that are 1/3 to 1/2 decent are few and far between and priced at 75k+.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
The only reason to ever entertain a land lease is because of location....eg a river front, ocean view, whathave you. To pay that much money for a land lease with very little for improvements, just doesn't make sense in any shape or form.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Since I've had blown up knees for a long time the other thing that always guided my home purchases have been single level. I've told Janet many times we do not want a home with stairs and as few steps in general the older we get. Her mother lives in Seizure Village and hasn't been to her upstairs sewing room in years, even with one of those stupid chairlift thingies.
I designed our Havasu house with that in mind and literally we have standard door thresholds to step over and one 2" step to enter from the garage. I should be able to get my walker tennis balls over those.😊😊

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The only reason to ever entertain a land lease is because of location....eg a river front, ocean view, whathave you. To pay that much money for a land lease with very little for improvements, just doesn't make sense in any shape or form.

There is a sucker born.. well you know the rest.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Just curious, in this scenario, what is your lot budget? Seems like the lots that are 1/3 to 1/2 decent are few and far between and priced at 75k+.

There is quite a few builders in town that have 3 bed / 2 bath RV Models they will build for around $325K. Your lots are limited in the $74K range but they are out there if you look. Here's an example of what you can build for approx $395K today. 🤪 ($278K House + $57K Lot + $50K Pool + $10K Grading) It's not going to be a Baller Pad but it's way better than a metal shack in the middle of the desert, lol.

Last edited:

franky

Reaction score
Someone did something similar
To what I was posting about:
Interesting to see how they do:
$400k Ad:

Digital images to show floor plans and finished product! This BRAND NEW home is ideal for snowbirds or vacationers! HUGE 22 wide by 51 deep double RV garage below luxury living quarters! Amazing lake views, centrally located in Havasu, and BRAND NEW! 2 beds / 2 baths tons of natural light and all upscale finishing! Worried about stairs? Don't worry, elevator ready! Completion date 11/2020

View attachment 923991 View attachment 923992 View attachment 923993 View attachment 923994 View attachment 923995 View attachment 923996
Ask SummitKarl where this idea came from

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
There is quite a few builders in town that have 3 bed / 2 bath RV Models they will build for around $325K. Your lots are limited in the $74K range but they are out there if you look. Here's an example of what you can build for approx $395K today. 🤪 ($278K House + $57K Lot + $50K Pool + $10K Grading) It's not going to be a Baller Pad but it's way better than a metal shack in the middle of the desert, lol.

Just buy a $450k house and be done with it.

RIVERBORN

Reaction score
I’m sure it’s been mentioned but as someone that has been going there for over 30yrs. We think the prices are just outrageous just like California right now. Currently live in Cali and finally can afford to buy a vaca home. But think we would be idiots to buy in this market. Sad to say but kinda waiting for the bottom to fall out.