WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Riverdave resort? 88 acres on the water on the island

boatpi

Reaction score
I have a feeling the zone is not gonna be a difficult thing a Resort it’s gonna be the usage, what will the city except for a master plan for that area?

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I have a feeling the zone is not gonna be a difficult thing a Resort it’s gonna be the usage, what will the city except for a master plan for that area?
Certain people and groups within the town will likely decide what happens there…it’s just small town politics. Whatever it is I hope it brings jobs to the locals.

PaPaG

Reaction score
Damn it would be tough to leave your spot. We rented BigBore’s place a few times. Nothing like waking up on the water.
Agreed. The ONLY thing that would make it even worth thinking about would be if the land had ownership rights all the way to the high water mark and an owner was able to build a private dock and possibly a private ramp. (community ramp would be doable if only for residents, no public launching).

Reactions: DWC

hallett21

Reaction score
Whoever is going to bid on This is going to have a contingency. The deal won’t go forward until a preapproval is done by Lake Havasu City for whatever billing they want to do on this property.
You could wish for whatever ROI you want but you’re not gonna get it until the city goes along with a general plan.
How does the city control a state land sale?

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
All this luxury stuff if laughable. No there zero labor pool in havasu to run and operate this pipe dream. So we might as well as forget that. The water line takes a beating right there with all the boat traffic so putting in docks would require some sort of sea wall maybe floating sea wall like riviera.

Havasu is def backwards as the best lots are commercial. Look at Campbell cove. Imagine homes there? Lol

I would love to see a “key” type place in havasu.

End of story high end “resorts” won’t happen not enough local talent and money to support

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I have to lol when an inmate says the city is backwards. Maybe so. But how come the new home builders built small homes with 28’ garages and 7’ doors. Didn’t they know the boating industry was going to grow with bigger boats. Like the city did. 😂 I remember when I bought my new 25’ Eliminator in 98’, a big boat at the time and had to move the dryer just to get the boat in by an inch. 😆 My buddy built a house in the 90’s with a 2 car garage and a single ”boat deep” garage of 35’. What a new concept for Havasu. 😝

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I have to lol when an inmate says the city is backwards. Maybe so. But how come the new home builders built small homes with 28’ garages and 7’ doors. Didn’t they know the boating industry was going to grow with bigger boats. Like the city did. 😂 I remember when I bought my new 25’ Eliminator in 98’, a big boat at the time and had to move the dryer just to get the boat in by an inch. 😆 My buddy built a house in the 90’s with a 2 car garage and a single ”boat deep” garage of 35’. What a new concept for Havasu. 😝

It’s not the houses, it’s the zoning Bob.

All the nicest property was zoned commercial/industrial and you have near waterfront boat storage, body shops. Boat shops, Sex shops, abandoned buildings, mobile home parks..

It’s slowly going the other way.. only took half a century.

It was a giant missed opportunity.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
It’s not the houses, it’s the zoning Bob.

All the nicest property was zoned commercial/industrial and you have near waterfront boat storage, body shops. Boat shops, Sex shops, abandoned buildings, mobile home parks..

It’s slowly going the other way.. only took half a century.

It was a giant missed opportunity.
I get the zoning part. But at the time people weren’t willing to pay the higher prices for lots that were on the lakeside of the 95 For a vacation home. My buddy bought a lot behind the old Walmart in the early 90’s and paid about 20k for the lot with a lake view When most lots were going for 8K. He built a nice 3 bedroom with a boat deep 2 car garage. To bad the house sits on property that wont allow him to build a RV garage since he has to rent a storage unit. In 86’ I paid 7k for a lot and had a new 2 bedroom 2 car garage for 39k on Sabino. Should have, could have, would have. 😂

hallett21

Reaction score
All this luxury stuff if laughable. No there zero labor pool in havasu to run and operate this pipe dream. So we might as well as forget that. The water line takes a beating right there with all the boat traffic so putting in docks would require some sort of sea wall maybe floating sea wall like riviera.

Havasu is def backwards as the best lots are commercial. Look at Campbell cove. Imagine homes there? Lol

I would love to see a “key” type place in havasu.

End of story high end “resorts” won’t happen not enough local talent and money to support
That’s a little short sided. 50 years ago they trucked in a bridge from London and created a destination out of nothing. Who knows what the next 20 years look like 🤷🏼‍♂️

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Last edited:

Icky

Reaction score
Perfect timing……if I liquidate all assets I am only a few million short. Who wants to going with me on a bid for the project? Then we can lease back to Dave for his RDP Resort…..🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪
I'd be in, but that's the starting bid......I'm pretty sure it's gonna go with an extra zero

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
I'd be in, but that's the starting bid......I'm pretty sure it's gonna go with an extra zero
No worries we can first win the bid and figure where to crape up the extra coin. :looking:

Icky

Reaction score
No worries we can first win the bid and figure where to crape up the extra coin. :looking:
Perfect, when should I sell my house? And should l hold onto my hat ?

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Perfect timing……if I liquidate all assets I am only a few million short. Who wants to going with me on a bid for the project? Then we can lease back to Dave for his RDP Resort…..🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

what kind of ownership will $20 get me?

Reactions: DWC

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Perfect, when should I sell my house? And should l hold onto my hat ?
Just wait a couple of weeks. Interest rates going down will Drive prices up. We can camp on our newly acquired property while we amass the money needed to build. 👍
what kind of ownership will $20 get me?

I have not run the numbers yet but I suspect that you could have an afternoon a year if you do some repairs at the same time. 👍

PaPaG

Reaction score
So asking the builder crowd, how many home sites could you put on this land, what would road, amenity, ramp and a good sized storage facility for RVs & boats take up.

Hypothetically speaking:
Since so many experts in real estate on RDs say Havi property is not going down in price or at worst just adjusting back to pre-covid prices why not put together a group of investors to bid on this property? This would make such a great piece of land for a nice lake-front community in which Havi is so far lacking but needs. (I know there is another community being built but not done yet) If this property sells for 20 million for 90+ acres what the estimated amount of home sites at .33 acres each come out to once roads etc is calculated in.
My GUESS and only my GUESS (I have no clue to what % of land it takes in road etc allocations in a project like this) breaking it up to .33 acre lots would get roughly 200 home sites (only guessing 70+ acres for roads, ramp, some a huge storage facility for home owners only). Again only guessing these figures as I said I have no clue how or what goes into building a project like this. I am guessing 200 home sites, 150 home sites roughly at 150k/22.5 million, 50 water front home sites at 350k/17.5 million, 40 million, if the land sold for 20 million, wouldn't the additional 20 million cover all amenities, storage, roads, permits, ramp, etc? I have absolutely no clue if my figures are even within 10-20 million dollars of what it would actually cost to buy, build, and sell but just spit balling some thoughts.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I'm pretty certain the seller is looking for a developer with a resume. Also the intentions.

Could be wrong.
It's a significant change to the landscape of the island and the city should pick carefully

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score
How would you guys feel if a developer turned that property into something you did not like?

An example would be a resort that charges $20 per beer and rents rooms starting at $800 per night or more. $200 to dock boat. Resort fees. Parking fees. Basically a place that tries to suck every last nickel out of your pocket?

Thats a common complaint here. Buyer, buys resort. Then jacks up prices to a level in which you never set foot on the property again. That happened right down the street from me.
I would not care because I won’t go there to start.

sirbob

Reaction score
I'm pretty certain the seller is looking for a developer with a resume. Also the intentions.

Could be wrong.
It's a significant change to the landscape of the island and the city should pick carefully

Under the law - it has to go to highest bidder, whoever that is.

Id love to have deep enough pockets to make it a person compound!