WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RiverDavesPlace.com Moving it's HQ & Wired 4 Sound Update

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

After 15 years of working for myself, mostly working nights... It's time to change the regiment and switch to a normal 8-5 schedule. I'm taking up an office down at Wired 4 Sound and will be helping out down there. We will also be opening up retail for RDP shirts / clothing down at W4S (which we discussed before in the Boats and Shows podcasts).

I had a lot of plans with Adam & Kicker. With Adam's passing, we are still moving forward we are just accelerating the time lines quite a bit.

It is important to note, that Adam was not only a friend, father, business partner, he was also an employer. Wired 4 Sound still does employ Daniel (one of the best Stereo installers in the country), Charlie (normal level installer), and Davey who is now the sole owner of W4S.

RD

DLC

Reaction score
Dave let us know if you need anything, we can all help out in some way! I think this is a good move on your end, treat RDP more of a business and not a garage deal! This will also keep wired 4 sound going, the W4S leader is gone and it needs to be led!

Good for you for stepping up!

Adam would be stoked your continuing the w4s / RDP legacy!

Singleton

Reaction score
Dave
Way to continue Adams W4S vision. Great way to honor Adam.
How about a system in a one of a kind ToyHauler. I need to do something, interior and exterior in mine.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I appreciate the well wishes guys.. There is no doubt there is a giant hole in our lives right now.

My point of the video was to say that while we are all grieving, the shop itself is still 100% up and running and is open for business. There's jobs on the calendar and things are still moving forward. I have watched a lot of people say "RIP Wired 4 Sound" on social media, and even on here. W4S is still very much alive, and to be honest the best way that the employees and myself can honor Adam's legacy is to not only continue the success that they have achieved, but to bring it to new heights and keep pushing the boundaries of what is new, custom & innovative.

Having one of the top installers in the country, it's by far and away the most custom and capable shop here in LHC. I'm going to go down there and add my flare and talents into the mix as well as far as promotion goes (marketing), and a 20+ year background in machining / process manufacturing / boats etc..

As you all know I take an extreme amount of pride with anything that I'm involved in, and I'd be looking for big things to be coming out of that shop very quickly.

We sat down and had some strategic meetings today, and on monday morning we are getting to work full time. :)

I already have one boat on the line that is a potential boat show boat. The customer wants to get more sound outside of the boat, so we will do the rear soundbar, and front speakers to add to their existing (W4S) system. Custom machined grills / lighting / etc.. It's a new rig and it's pretty double throw down..

What I'd really like is someone to step up and say "here's my SXS, or here's my late model boat, I want it to sound like your 270 or Adam's Can Am" so we can truly show case the talents of the shop, and I can document a build, myself being on site, like they should have been documented for the last year and a half.. ;)

BTW, if you haven't been in my 270, it'll blur your vision... :D

In Adam's last Pod Cast he mentioned redesigning custom boxes for the Can AM so that they can get the deeper bass that they have always been known for. That project (and some other custom parts for the Can Am) will begin process next week as well.

RD

Last edited:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
This is good.
We'll certainly bring in some work.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Best of Luck Dave! I think you guys will knock it out of the park.
With all the local boat builders I can imagine you could capture significant work.
Just show them your vision and they will come.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Doing a sound bar, amp and Bluetooth for steak and lobster next week. Cheaper than ya think!
That’s what I was thinking lol. I would love to go from loud on my boat to holy shit on my boat but that’s a lot of stereo!

HB2Havasu

Reaction score

After 15 years of working for myself, mostly working nights... It's time to change the regiment and switch to a normal 8-5 schedule. I'm taking up an office down at Wired 4 Sound and will be helping out down there. We will also be opening up retail for RDP shirts / clothing down at W4S (which we discussed before in the Boats and Shows podcasts).

I had a lot of plans with Adam & Kicker. With Adam's passing, we are still moving forward we are just accelerating the time lines quite a bit.

It is important to note, that Adam was not only a friend, father, business partner, he was also an employer. Wired 4 Sound still does employ Daniel (one of the best Stereo installers in the country), Charlie (normal level installer), and Davey who is now the sole owner of W4S.

RD

Not sure who ‘Davey’ is? Silent owner?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Not sure who ‘Davey’ is? Silent owner?

When wired 4 Sound moved to Havasu, Davey was the money and business mind behind the books. Adam was the personality / marketing / vision, Daniel is the main installer and Charlie is Daniels backup and handles running wires more traditional installs.

Last edited:

RCDave

Reaction score
Best of luck in the new venture. I'm sure it will be a great success!

Sigus

Above the wet spot
Reaction score
Great strategy Dave, best of luck to you and the team.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Good for you and everyone involved in W4S that you're going to help build the business. It's always a challenge trying to satisfy consumers but you and the team can do it. I wish you all success and good luck!

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Good luck to all you Dave’s, hope Davey is doing good, don’t think he ever would have made that hop to Havasu if it wasn’t for Adam!

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Sounds like a great move. But, starting work everyday at 8am . . . . ??

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
Best of luck RD, sorry for the loss of Adam.

OR

Music to my Ears

Conducting Beautiful Music
Reaction score
Congrats Dave. Good luck to you and all the guys at Wired 4 Sound!

cb5505

Reaction score
I’ll dropmoff my 2017 Polaris razor. Just tell me when.

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
What I'd really like is someone to step up and say "here's my SXS, or here's my late model boat, I want it to sound like your 270 or Adam's Can Am" so we can truly show case the talents of the shop, and I can document a build, myself being on site, like they should have been documented for the last year and a half.. ;)

Davey knows where there is a 28' EAGLE WAITING...... Say When.... in fact.. he has keys to the damn place..

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Best of luck to you. Looking forward to your future projects.

Socalx09

Reaction score
Sounds awesome. Best of luck to both businesses!

I was emailing Dave from Wired 4 Sound right before Adam (RIP) passed away about upgrading the ancient stereo and speakers on our boat this winter. I didn't know when would be an appropriate time to continue emailing, but I will get back to getting him the pictures of what we currently have this weekend.

Hallett285

Reaction score
Another rzr if you need. Would really like some tunes. When I was just there at w4s having my boat worked on actually talked to Adam about doing a sound system in the rzr. I just been watching here and can't believe he's gone. I only met him and the rest of the guys once, but what a great group of guys. Keep the legacy going.....
Resized_20171008_115209.jpeg

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Skys the limit Dave! Awesome you are helping carry out adam's legacy! I need some stereo work ...Badly! Lol. Ill be scheduling something soon over there!

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
Right move. Work should be at work and home should be at home.

TLAW719

Reaction score
I’ve got a 2015 Shockwave and would love to see what you guy could do with it. Unfortunately it’s probably not in the budget right now. I do want to bring my truck down and have you guys do some work.

instagator

Reaction score
I had them do my boat and then my can am, excellent work !

kevin1988

Reaction score
Is this the same Wired for Sound that was in Murrieta CA?

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
Good luck to all you guys. You have all the nuts and bolts in place and though Adam's shoes will be hard to fill, it can be done.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Davey knows where there is a 28' EAGLE WAITING...... Say When.... in fact.. he has keys to the damn place..

We talked about it this AM! Working on finishing up some projects and then we will get you in.

RD

1cole280S

Reaction score
Good luck with the new venture!!! enjoy the ride....

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
Sounds great Dave, Good luck! ill come check it out when I come into town for World Finals, hope it all works out for you and W4S!