WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Riverside Boat Upholstery

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with Riverside Boat Upholstery? I am thinking of using them for my interior. Thoughts?

MeCasa16

Reaction score
There is another place near riverside called A-1. Guys name is Raul. We used him before. We were happy with the work. It’s not DCB, but it turned out nice. He is a lot cheaper than most of the other shops.

evantwheeler

Reaction score
I believe Renee was the main upholstery guy at shockwave and went on his own.

I just dropped off my engine hatch to have Rene build me a new one based on recommendations on here. Not sure what the name of his company is, but many have positive reviews of his work in a thread I stated a few weeks back.

here is a review of his work and contact info:

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
I would like to know as well. I talked to Eddie at Martinez but I know they are always busy so getting a quote hasn't been easy. I think @02HoWaRd26 sent me pics of a buddy of his Daytona that got stolen and gutted. If this is the same Rene that did the work, the work was flawless. But then again, guys name could have been Raul. I forget.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
His name is Rene and he did work for Shockwave previously. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I would like to know as well. I talked to Eddie at Martinez but I know they are always busy so getting a quote hasn't been easy. I think @02HoWaRd26 sent me pics of a buddy of his Daytona that got stolen and gutted. If this is the same Rene that did the work, the work was flawless. But then again, guys name could have been Raul. I forget.

Was Renee and he truly killed it on Al’s boat as well has done quite a few others I’ve seen. He truly does amazing work.

Groper

Reaction score
There is another place near riverside called A-1. Guys name is Raul. We used him before. We were happy with the work. It’s not DCB, but it turned out nice. He is a lot cheaper than most of the other shops.
I hope it's not the same Raul @A-1 from Fullerton cuz they love drywall screws along with the shittest work next to Tajuana that I've ever seen . 🤬

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Was Renee and he truly killed it on Al’s boat as well has done quite a few others I’ve seen. He truly does amazing work.

Good to know. Going to try and call or head down this weekend to get a quote . I tried Martinez again today and no luck. May have to take a ride down there as wel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brennan

Reaction score
Good to know. Going to try and call or head down this weekend to get a quote . I tried Martinez again today and no luck. May have to take a ride down there as wel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dropped off my boat with Eddie at Martinez in October at his suggestion to be ready in plenty of time for summer. He has recently been popping out a few great looking boats and now it’s my boats turn. Been getting regular picture updates with what he is working on on my boat as well as phone calls discussing design ideas. My boat is a pretty big project as far as all new seating not just a recover. So far very pleased with what I have seen. I’ll post a before and after thread next month when it’s complete.

MohavValley

Reaction score
I hope it's not the same Raul @A-1 from Fullerton cuz they love drywall screws along with the shittest work next to Tajuana that I've ever seen . 🤬

It is the same one, he's moved to Riverside/ woodcrest. I was looking at taking my boat to him but look like you'd say otherwise?

MohavValley

Reaction score

Got any pictures of his work?

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Ok, little update. So I decided to have Rene reupholster the boat. Drove the boat up there and met Rene and went over the scenario. REALLY nice guy. Does not advertise at all. I looked at some of the work in his shop and was thoroughly impressed. I will show the pictures of the completed work once I get the boat back in a few weeks.

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Ok, little update. So I decided to have Rene reupholster the boat. Drove the boat up there and met Rene and went over the scenario. REALLY nice guy. Does not advertise at all. I looked at some of the work in his shop and was thoroughly impressed. I will show the pictures of the completed work once I get the boat back in a few weeks.

Did his prices seem reasonable? I saw on another thread or on Facebook (cannot recall) that his prices seemed to have "skyrocketed". I haven't gone down to talk to him yet.

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Did his prices seem reasonable? I saw on another thread or on Facebook (cannot recall) that his prices seemed to have "skyrocketed". I haven't gone down to talk to him yet.

He built a new rear hatch for me. New wood, new vinyl, I just dropped the old one off to him and had him copy it. Nothing fancy in stitching, just plain white vinyl. $1200. I wanted to do the wood work myself, but I just couldn't find the time. Told him when I would be back in town from an out of town work assignment, and he emailed me on the day I said I would be back to inform me it was done. I haven't picked it up yet, but I will report back when I do.

rpmsrup

Reaction score
Hes building me all new interior for my boat, it goes in this week for install if Shane @namba860 will pick his boat up lol

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

I thought his price he quoted me was very reasonable.

guest hs

Reaction score
Mines all done! I can’t say enough about Rene at Riverside Boat Upholstery great job great price quick turnaround
B53B96D0-D789-4482-8FE6-4A263DE23F33.png
90D6762E-6A5E-4066-9968-65C7D4B4EC92.png
43D35C61-6F1C-4454-BA92-06588EA7830B.png
1B29D6EF-0ED9-48D3-B4F6-F9EA01205CBA.png
71A7B38E-76E3-4BAC-9C44-EACF6800B591.png

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
I hope it's not the same Raul @A-1 from Fullerton cuz they love drywall screws along with the shittest work next to Tajuana that I've ever seen . [emoji2959]

Don’t knock Tajuana [emoji1787]I have a guy down there that does really good work. He did my boat last year and just did my golf cart seats.
IMG_2573.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

evantwheeler

Reaction score
He built a new rear hatch for me. New wood, new vinyl, I just dropped the old one off to him and had him copy it. Nothing fancy in stitching, just plain white vinyl. $1200. I wanted to do the wood work myself, but I just couldn't find the time. Told him when I would be back in town from an out of town work assignment, and he emailed me on the day I said I would be back to inform me it was done. I haven't picked it up yet, but I will report back when I do.

Didn't get any photos of my new hatch, but Rene hit the budget and schedule he quoted and was great with communication. Quality of work looked great. He insisted I bring the boat to him for installation so that the hatch would be aligned properly, even though installation wasn't part of our discussion. He installed if for me in 20 min at his shop, it fit perfect, and I threw him an extra $100 for his help. Saved me a big headache trying to re-install by myself.

rickym20

Reaction score
Don’t knock Tajuana [emoji1787]I have a guy down there that does really good work. He did my boat last year and just did my golf cart seats. View attachment 983387
View attachment 983388

That looks good , I’ve seen some good work get done down there at a big savings compared to this side of the border.

Funny story that happened to a good buddy of mine. He had an older Eliminator that needed some work done. He took it to his guy across the border to redo the upholstery. When he went to pick up the boat everything looked great. Well after closer look the spots where Eliminator was supposed to be embroidered now said Terminator.... we crack up about it from time to time haha

Looks like you have a good guy down there. Looks good!

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Update on the re-upholstery job by Rene. Ok RDP'ers, Rene did an outstanding job. The price was extremely fair and the quality of work was beyond what I expected. The interior looks like it came off the showroom. Some of the other quotes I received were higher and some twice as much for what was probably equal to or less quality. Let's keep Rene busy. He does great work. I will post pictures if I can figure out how to get them from their text msgs to here.

sintax

Reaction score
looks great!

I just sent my buddy his way for a new boat hes working on grabbing

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
I just had a phone conversation with someone there today. @Tamalewagon how long did they have your boat. Was delivery on time?

FCT

Reaction score
How long has he been on his own away from shockwave? Curious if he’s the one who did my Hallett a couple years back at Bobs. If so he did a wonderful job.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
How long has he been on his own away from shockwave? Curious if he’s the one who did my Hallett a couple years back at Bobs. If so he did a wonderful job.
I'm not quite sure about that. Good question for Rene.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
Sadly in March he told me he was booked until June. After actually driving to the shop I'm thinking I may pull out the interior and replace the floor myself and take him the seats instead of the whole boat. That place is not trailer friendly at all.