WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Riverveiw in Earp

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
Was the closing of Red Rooster due to the Indians, or was it something else? I know it was a long time ago but you guys seem to be in the know about WW and Aha Q.

Rattle Can Lou

Reaction score
"woke" is a great term...I've said it for years..the Indians have eyeballs and when the boats start costing 500,000 running up and down the river...and the bars and eateries are packed...they see dollar signs. That's been my belief...I remember years ago one of our neighbors Charley (new Ford dealer in Hawthorne) retired, he started working with the Indians on doing longer term leases..he was a very smart businessman...he worked and worked with them...and we all thought he was getting somewhere with them...but not even close...they told him after about two years of his time...they had NO interest in making things different..sad.

brgrcru

Reaction score
Was the closing of Red Rooster due to the Indians, or was it something else? I know it was a long time ago but you guys seem to be in the know about WW and Aha Q.

would be nice, if they thought, about making some more campgrounds, in that area, for us peasants that don't lease tepees.
I have seen a sign that said, blythe boat club or something. but that sign has faded the last 6/7 years. was hope for awhile.

wzuber

Reaction score
We call her the “princess”. Heard her lease was a dollar a year for 99 years
hearsay..gotta luv it cuz there is no shortage of it out there and it's different from everyone you talk to....haha
From the neighbors, retiree's home owners etc. I talk to the jist of their perspectives is...it's cheap for water front prop., i'll ether b dead or too disabled to care when the time comes to deal w/it so phukit..ima enjoy it while i can and deal with the situation when the time comes. Lets float n have a beer. lol
what else ya gunna do?
timing is everything....

Last edited:

jesco

Reaction score
Yes, Indians made them the first example of what will happen if you don't pay your land lease.. that was back when they had the West Bank Association lawsuit going on..

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
hearsay..gotta luv it cuz there is no shortage of it out there and it's different from everyone you talk to....haha
From the neighbors, retiree's home owners etc. I talk to the jist of their perspectives is...it's cheap for water front prop., i'll ether b dead or too disabled to care when the time comes to deal w/it so phukit..ima enjoy it while i can and deal with the situation when the time comes. Lets float n have a beer. lol
what else ya gunna do?
timing is everything....
Exactly when I leave I will look back and smile at all the good times I had there

Riverbottom

Reaction score
We have a home right across from Badenochs...since 1973. My in laws leased it way back...100' frontage..lease is now $32,000 and change a year..yes you read it right. I don't know the end game for the tribe..but they must want it all back with those kind of numbers. There is NO lease per se...they can raise it at any time. We have some real soul searching to do...

Lou, do you have to pay any type of property tax to San Bernardino County, or just the lease to CRIT ?

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
Having a place at LL has been a bit stressful the last month. Bob did get an extension and I have heard there they are negotiating for either a 3 or 5 year lease. Then we will get to deal with CRIT all over again.

LL has to be a gold mine, there are space numbers up into the 800's! The property is 14 acres and it would be the largest park that CRIT would manage. My hope is that CRIT takes over eventually and hires Bob's staff back to run things. This way CRIT is cutting out the middle man (Bob) and can make as much as possible.

I'm not sure my trailer would survive a move, I've actually never been underneath it. We have toyed with the idea of selling, we could make money on it right now if the lease was finalized, but we love the park, community and that stretch or river!

As said earlier, maybe the decisions at Riverview will be an indicator of what is to come.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Having a place at LL has been a bit stressful the last month. Bob did get an extension and I have heard there they are negotiating for either a 3 or 5 year lease. Then we will get to deal with CRIT all over again.

LL has to be a gold mine, there are space numbers up into the 800's! The property is 14 acres and it would be the largest park that CRIT would manage. My hope is that CRIT takes over eventually and hires Bob's staff back to run things. This way CRIT is cutting out the middle man (Bob) and can make as much as possible.

I'm not sure my trailer would survive a move, I've actually never been underneath it. We have toyed with the idea of selling, we could make money on it right now if the lease was finalized, but we love the park, community and that stretch or river!

As said earlier, maybe the decisions at Riverview will be an indicator of what is to come.

Lost lake is an established park with some money in it. Riverview honestly sucks. I've never been through it, but I boat past it...on the other side of the river, when there is enough water to do so. I'm not really sure how you'd use a boat out of that park. There's no water in front of it...just wet mud. If the infrastructure is 50+ years old, then as it's name implies...all it is river view. That stretch of the river needs a beach and decent water access for boat or it's relatively pointless I'd think. People who go to the river with no boats don't have any money typically. I can't say I blame CRIT for their decision in this, even though I'm no fan of CRIT.

Bottom line is, you can't make money if your customers are poor.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Days of just taking land back and running them ( tribe) out is gone .

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
Larry & I stopped in the other day & we were told that the sewage ponds across the road aren’t lined and are leaching into the aquifer that feeds the park. They said EPA was coming out this week. They said recent owner/manager was crooked, took the money & put nothing back into the park and that they have a class action suit started against him.

“Lucky’s Wife”