WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Riverveiw in Earp

racetrash

Reaction score
The wife said she read that everyone in Riverveiw has to be gone by feb, no more lease!

Riverbottom

Reaction score
That was the discussion / rumor at Early Bird when I had breakfast yesterday morning. Also talking about big changes at Bermuda Palms.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
That's the problem with leases :mad:

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
The Colorado River Indian Tribes have confirmed the Riverview Mobile Home & RV Park in Earp, Calif. will be closed as of the end of February 2020. The Pioneer asked whether the park was being closed after seeing many social media posts the weekend of Sept. 7-8 from people who claimed to be park residents who said they were being evicted.

The Tribes sent the following statement Sept. 10 by e-mail:

“The lease with the prior management company for the Riverview Mobile Home and RV Park on the California side of the reservation expired on August 31, 2019 and as of September 1, control and management of the property has returned to CRIT.

https://www.parkerpioneer.net/news/article_15bcf2b2-d4af-11e9-9821-c7b4af524b12.html

After looking at the costs to rehabilitate and update the infrastructure, the Tribes has decided to close the park.

CRIT wants to give park residents ample time to relocate. Therefore, the official closing date won’t be until February 29, 2020.

CRIT is evaluating future plans for the site.”

Riverview Mobile Home & RV Park is located on Parker Dam Road just north of California Route 62 turnoff into Parker.

The Pioneer attempted to contact the office at the park, but found the phone number listed for the park was no longer in service.

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
I honestly didn't know it existed but it looks like a great spot. How can it not make money?
20190911_104130.jpg

grumpy88

Reaction score
First place I ever went to the river . Just a early teenager . My friends grandparents lived there .Sad times ahead . I wonder what the tribe is up to. They are taking all there land back it seams

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
That was the discussion / rumor at Early Bird when I had breakfast yesterday morning. Also talking about big changes at Bermuda Palms.
Was looking at a couple places in Bermuda palms. Guess we will wait now.

nickeboy

Reaction score
Anyone on this forum have a place at Riverview? I would like to know first hand what happened.

wzuber

Reaction score
your attachment should clear up the confusions although i understand the disappointment for those having to relocate. I'm sure they could drag it out a bit if they wanted but eventually they will likely have to leave. It will b interesting to c what they do with the park. I question the accuracy of some of the phrasing in that report specifically the tribes as being the "owners" of the park. To my limited knowledge/experience the cali side is BLM owned and the tribes are the master lessor. I find the term "ample time" a bit of a strech to locate, plan and move a mobile home to a new location. If you are in a lessor position it's a good idea to keep informed of the terms, dates etc. and plan accordingly.
For instance, my sub-lease with the tribes on my B.R. house terminates feb. 2029 and the tribes lease terminates the following day. what happens after that is anybodies guess currently. I've been told at the local tribal development office the tribes are in negotiations with the BLM to extend the lease now for an additional 50 yrs. I would welcome that as it expands my options upon resale significantly as lending options for buyers will increase theoretically increasing resale values etc. Depending on the specefics of this situation it may be a tell-tale of that early renewal negotiation...who knows?

Ladsm

Reaction score
Hmm, I wonder if it would be worth it to buy one of the newer mobiles and have it dragged up to my place in BHC? Indians only own the land.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Part of the discussion I overheard at breakfast in Parker from tribal members, is that the infrastructure of the Riverview park is in bad shape. Park needs updated wiring, water and sewer. I personally have not been in the park in a couple of years, and don't know anyone that lives there to ask.

The CRIT tribe has slowly taken over all of the Calif. parks starting with Aha Quinn in 1974. ( my parents had a place there, and were given eviction notices back then ) Some parks they have kept and manage themselves and others they have closed. Most individual leases on the lower river have not been renewed. ( Ranchos Not So Grande, The Blythe Boat Club, Paradise Point, Red Rooster, Water Wheel and most recently Lost Lake and I am told Twin Palms is in question ) I believe that the only parks left on CRIT land on the Calif. side are Wheeler Inn, Riverview, and Bermuda Palms. It sucks, I remember being 14 yrs. old and going to our place at Aha Quinn on a Friday night and all of us reading the eviction notices from CRIT. We moved out of the park like most people back then, and a few months later the Indians decided to reopen the park, and we brought our trailer back. We stayed there and had many river memories for the next fifteen years.

cofooter

Reaction score
My sister has a place in Bluewater owned also by CRIT and all the space leases expire in I think 2030. They have an actual house that cannot be moved if CRIT decides not to renew or significantly increases the lease. Hoping CRIT does not do anyting crazy with that park.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Are people who are part of the tribe exempt or will the park be completely emptied ?

nickeboy

Reaction score
Riverbottom- They Evicted people out of Aha? Lost Lake has a 90 day extension. Not sure why?

BingerFang

Reaction score
I feel bad for the people in the park.... Hopefully they find very nice places in parker and havasu...........

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Riverbottom- They Evicted people out of Aha? Lost Lake has a 90 day extension. Not sure why?

Yes Aha Quinn was the first park they took over in 1974 when the feds gave them the reservation. It was called River Bend, and supposedly Aha Quinn means River Bend in the tribes language. I can't see Bob Brown getting Lost Lake back, not like he needs the hassle at this point.

nickeboy

Reaction score
Yes Aha Quinn was the first park they took over in 1974 when the feds gave them the reservation. It was called River Bend, and supposedly Aha Quinn means River Bend in the tribes language. I can't see Bob Brown getting Lost Lake back, not like he needs the hassle at this point.
Ya, but I can't see why they would close the doors on it either. It seems to be a good money maker.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Ya, but I can't see why they would close the doors on it either. It seems to be a good money maker.

I think Lost Lake is probably a gold mine. CRIT would be stupid not to keep it going. Unfortunately they won't maintain the park as well as Bob did.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
River view is an old park. I can agree the infrastructure is lacking .
I’ve been out of River Reflections for four years. That park is arguably the best Crit land park as for newer mobiles and infrastructure.
I had a waterfront mobile at Riverview from 2000-2003, a trailer at Wheeler Inn before that , hence my screen name.

I loved that area of river for lack of people, but saw the writing on the wall 15 years ago as the Bluewatet Brought in revenue and the tribe got greedy.
An older lady who managed my storage at Big River was prophetic: “The tribe makes deciisions and takes about 15 years to carry them out.
Was true for the Parker bridge, this take over or park closure.

The lower river was the middle class chance to be waterfront. The other side of that equation was this issue of park closures.
It was good while it lasted,

Most of the trailers in Riverview are built in the 80’s or older.
Not worth moving for the most part.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
The real unfortunate thing is the majority of the trailers are old enough that other parks won't accept them. I am sure several elderly tenants are going to be in a bad situation.

Backlash

Reaction score
I know for a fact that several parks in the area are in need of significant improvements. What I don't understand is why everyone waits so long to begin these improvements. Oh wait, nevermind....we are talking about places at the river.

It's a damn shame because we all know the land will never be improved and once "They" take it over, it will just get worse. Hell, have you driven across any reservation where ANY of the living arrangements were "Nice?" :rolleyes:

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Part of the problems on reservation land plagues the individual Indians as well. It is something I didn't know until I was informed of it..

They don't own their lots. They can't get loans for their homes. So they don't get low mortgage rates and if they don't own... why put too much effort into fixing it up. If you do, some upper level Indian Tribe member might take a liking to your spot and kick you out.

They don't have equity, they don't get appreciation. That is one of the major forms of wealth building for most of us.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Well it's good I have a little bit of Indian in my blood should ask for some land the Martinez land group in Palm Springs is traibal will ask tomorrow

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Lots of tribal land in Palm Springs. I think it is like every other square mile or some interesting checkerboard layout like that. Lots of condos and golf courses on leased land.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Well it's good I have a little bit of Indian in my blood should ask for some land the Martinez land group in Palm Springs is traibal will ask tomorrow
Ha ha
My co worker ‘s wife is Indian and they used to get a discount at Bluewater

Blue water raised the “percentage” of tribe blood they accepted and she didn’t make the cut.

One2go

Reaction score
Would be a shame if it caught fire
I remember the gas station right by the stop sign at Earp back in 90's caught fire and burned to the ground.Rumors were lease was up and the people running it said you can have the land back but FU on the buildings.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Lots of tribal land in Palm Springs. I think it is like every other square mile or some interesting checkerboard layout like that. Lots of condos and golf courses on leased land.
Yeah the old AAA maps used to show the squares.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
That is some interesting history and some harsh lessons.
It also explains some of the nasty conditions I met up with when working in the Res.

Rattle Can Lou

Reaction score
We have a home right across from Badenochs...since 1973. My in laws leased it way back...100' frontage..lease is now $32,000 and change a year..yes you read it right. I don't know the end game for the tribe..but they must want it all back with those kind of numbers. There is NO lease per se...they can raise it at any time. We have some real soul searching to do...

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
We have a home right across from Badenochs...since 1973. My in laws leased it way back...100' frontage..lease is now $32,000 and change a year..yes you read it right. I don't know the end game for the tribe..but they must want it all back with those kind of numbers. There is NO lease per se...they can raise it at any time. We have some real soul searching to do...
Wow that's crazy. It's too bad that's a nice little stretch of neighborhood.
Do you know what the deal is with that house up River from you. The one that sits alone between the two rocks. That place is bitchin.

cofooter

Reaction score
Do you know what the deal is with that house up River from you. The one that sits alone between the two rocks. That place is bitchin.
Probably an Indian Chief like some of the other bitchen places on the water on CRIT land........

brgrcru

Reaction score

Isn't that that the daughters of chief crit?

wzuber

Reaction score
I guess one could say the indians are "woke".. all this p.c./progressive shit seems to be playing toward their benefit too. choices......ugh