WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rivian vs TRX...Holy Cow!

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Seems about right considering the EV has all its torque at 0 RPM.

Jimmyv

Reaction score
I honestly don’t understand why drag racing is even a consideration of pickup truck performance.
It’s still a truck, right?

(I have a pontoon) 🙃

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
I honestly don’t understand why drag racing is even a consideration of pickup truck performance.

(I have a pontoon) 🙃

Exactly.
They need to run SAE J2807.
Also known as Davis Dam Grade, or Union Pass, Az Hwy 68, Bullhead City to Union Pass.

Dan'l

Flatsix66

Reaction score

(I have a pontoon) 🙃
Well, I can see the appeal of 0 RPM 900ftlb torque at a stop light to keep bubba in his 04 Cummins with the tow mirrors folded out from coal rolling ya.

Jimmyv

Reaction score
Well, I can see the appeal of 0 RPM 900ftlb torque at a stop light to keep bubba in his 04 Cummins with the tow mirrors folded out from coal rolling ya.

Haha,
Then I guess I’m also Bubba!
06 Cummins - I keep the coal to a minimum, but I do leave them mirrors out!

BB8BABC1-2125-467E-9BAF-02986388451C.jpeg

attitude

Reaction score
That 6.2l Hemi only beat the 3.5l v6 Raptor by a fender, put 2 more cylinders in that Raptor and it won't be close
Raptors run 14s in the 1/4 and TRXs run 12s, without the TV magic that’s a whole lot more than a fender. However the Raptor R should be a runner.

4Waters

Reaction score
Raptors run 14s in the 1/4 and TRXs run 12s, without the TV magic that’s a whole lot more than a fender. However the Raptor R should be a runner.
Then the driver in the TRX sucks

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Keep in mind the off-road package is a 34” tire on a 20” rim for the Rivian. Going to be hard pressed to touch the performance of a perfectly balanced low cg and two motors per axle creating a near instantaneous 800hp/900tq all while sounding like your old ink jet printer is warming up.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
They do there tests at like 5000 feet. At that Elevation the TRX is down probably a second in the 1/4.

Granted either way i don't think it's beating the Electric truck.

They have some videos of the rivan doing some pretty impressive offroad stuff on those little non offroad tires...lol

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Do a truck thing, tow a heavy trailer 300 miles and see how many hours ahead the Dodge is. LOL

Taboma

Reaction score
Do a truck thing, tow a heavy trailer 300 miles and see how many hours ahead the Dodge is. LOL
Well don't forget, towing for 300 miles, you're going to have to stop and refuel the TRX as well. 😁

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Well don't forget, towing for 300 miles, you're going to have to stop and refuel the TRX as well. 😁
Right? LOL

For 15 minutes.... vs ?? I honestly have no clue what a Rivian's range is or how long it takes to recharge. But we all know electrics have faster acceleration by now. Those youtubers are kinda silly sometimes.

Taboma

Reaction score
Right? LOL

For 15 minutes.... vs ?? I honestly have no clue what a Rivian's range is or how long it takes to recharge. But we all know electrics have faster acceleration by now. Those youtubers are kinda silly sometimes.
For us, I can't find any angle with our lifestyles that I can spin owning an electric car or truck other than as an expensive garage queen dragster.

I've read a few article on the Rivian and find it a seriously well conceived and engineered machine. Not only due to it's power and on and off road handling and attributes, but the numerous well thought out amenities make this an impressive package.

But my personal reality is, I'm not getting any younger and I'm running out of vehicular pleasures that stiff the dick and make me smile from ear to ear. By vehicular, I'm referring to the ones with four wheels, not two :oops: Last time I tossed a leg over a damned Ninja machine my wife damn near had to push me over so I could dislodge my stuck, contorted leg and perform a dismount. The Salesman was not amused. 🤣

So sure, I eyeball a Tesla Plaid, or their new Roadster and think, holy electrons, but I'd lose way to much sleep with that much money parked collecting dust in my garage.

Maybe that new V8 Ford Raptor R, so long as I can get one with non-Recaro buckets and I'm fortunate to live long enough to actually see Ford put one on a lot. 🤦‍♂️
I struggle to get past the 1st impression I get when I view a TRX in the wild -- that of nice work truck. :confused: 🤷‍♂️