WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Riviera lake havasu

danben111

Reaction score
What’s everyone’s thoughts on the new riviera?

I went down and checked out the lots in phase one. They are almost all
Sold out!!
Is this place really going to happen? Seems like there is a lot of interest. Lots are 300k average. Hell 1 lot 10k sf sold for 1million

Reactions: DWC

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
My thoughts:
I hope it goes really damn well. If people are putting 300k on dirt, they plan to build. If they build, people work. If people work, they spend money, perpetuating they cycle. Being a former construction dork, big fan of that.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What’s everyone’s thoughts on the new riviera?

I went down and checked out the lots in phase one. They are almost all
Sold out!!
Is this place really going to happen? Seems like there is a lot of interest. Lots are 300k average. Hell 1 lot 10k sf sold for 1million

Team rdp has sold a ton of lots down there already. The new thing people are doing is buying multiple lots and combining them to get a larger piece of property for the builds.

She wrote up 2 lots today while we were in the truck on the way to Parker for 900k. Last week she wrote one up where my buddy purchased a lot and a half of another one, the person who purchased the lot on the other side agreed to take the other half of the middle lot.

Trent used to be the Broker for the project and is very intimate with it, and Stacy is As well. There is a couple choice lots left that are priced well.

Give her a call if you are interested or want more information.

Stacy 928-706-4200

danben111

Reaction score
Team rdp has sold a ton of lots down there already. The new thing people are doing is buying multiple lots and combining them to get a larger piece of property for the builds.

She wrote up 2 lots today while we were in the truck on the way to Parker for 900k. Last week she wrote one up where my buddy purchased a lot and a half of another one, the person who purchased the lot on the other side agreed to take the other half of the middle lot.

Trent used to be the Broker for the project and is very intimate with it, and Stacy is As well. There is a couple choice lots left that are priced well.

Give her a call if you are interested or want more information.

Stacy 928-706-4200

Thanks Dave,
I heard about the multiple combined lot purchases, make since if you want to create a better view and not have someone right next to you.
any idea on phase 2 pricing? those lots look larger however looks like most dont have lake views.

I assume most of these builds will be in the 1.2-1.5 million when done with the cost of a single lot.

I'm thinking buy now and hold for a while. probably sell a lot for profit in the coming months once phase 2 opens up.

Looks like marina view will have the best views until phase 8

DWC

Reaction score
I would assume the infrastructure is complete. (Water/sewer/roads). If that’s done there shouldn’t be much stopping the first phase from building out. Guessing it’ll be similar to other Havasu communities. It’ll build out slowly over the next decade or so. Then again, with those views people may be in a hurry to build.

SkyDirtWaterguy

Reaction score
Lots are too small and houses are stacked on top of each other. If you like Newport Beach living in Havasu this is the place. Takes away the appeal to me.

franky

Reaction score
Lots are too small and houses are stacked on top of each other. If you like Newport Beach living in Havasu this is the place. Takes away the appeal to me.
When people stand on the empty lots and see the beautiful panoramic view, they need to put their hands flat up along the side of their heads at eye level and realize that once it builds out your view will be that little piece directly out front not blocked by your neighbors. And yes, no getting away from neighbors stacked in partying all weekend. My guess is there will be some high dollar AirB&B there....just IMO

And thanks for the new row of power poles. They brought the power from underground at the Water Safety Center and lined the rest of Hiway 95 with poles down to the tall steel ones. Seams they could have done us a favor and left it underground...

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Thanks Dave,
I heard about the multiple combined lot purchases, make since if you want to create a better view and not have someone right next to you.
any idea on phase 2 pricing? those lots look larger however looks like most dont have lake views.

I assume most of these builds will be in the 1.2-1.5 million when done with the cost of a single lot.

I'm thinking buy now and hold for a while. probably sell a lot for profit in the coming months once phase 2 opens up.

I think this is going to be common for most... Buy and hope to sell for a small profit. The true $$$ money makers will build but most will not.

danben111

Reaction score
When people stand on the empty lots and see the beautiful panoramic view, they need to put their hands flat up along the side of their heads at eye level and realize that once it builds out your view will be that little piece directly out front not blocked by your neighbors. And yes, no getting away from neighbors stacked in partying all weekend. My guess is there will be some high dollar AirB&B there....just IMO

And thanks for the new row of power poles. They brought the power from underground at the Water Safety Center and lined the rest of Hiway 95 with poles down to the tall steel ones. Seams they could have done us a favor and left it underground...

yes views were amazing. However you are correct. The neighbor next to you can build out just as far so you are limited to what’s directly in front of you. Of course you will have a great view for a while if your one of the first to build. Another note: they are only allowing 90 day minimum rental. So basically snow birds or permanent rental. Guess they don’t want the party people in there. Smart !

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Thanks Dave,

Most the price projections I saw were a little over a Million on a 300K lot.. There are some that will over that obviously.

Of the people I know of that bought lots every single one of them is building. I asked the guys down there if they had any people that were planning on buying and sitting on them, and they said they didn't know of any, and all their lots had planned on being built on immediately as well.

If you do want to purchase a lot and sit on it, they are saying you have to gravel it and maintain the weeds.

I don't have the Horsepower to purchase a lot and build a home, but have considered purchasing a lot as well and sitting on it.

RD

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Most the price projections I saw were a little over a Million on a 300K lot.. There are some that will over that obviously.

Of the people I know of that bought lots every single one of them is building. I asked the guys down there if they had any people that were planning on buying and sitting on them, and they said they didn't know of any, and all their lots had planned on being built on immediately as well.

If you do want to purchase a lot and sit on it, they are saying you have to gravel it and maintain the weeds.

I don't have the Horsepower to purchase a lot and build a home, but have considered purchasing a lot as well and sitting on it.

RD

Can you use any builder? Are there design minimums like square footage, paver driveways, etc?

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Can you use any builder? Are there design minimums like square footage, paver driveways, etc?

I have to say that is the worst thing about the Foothills is not being able to use any builder. It has added so much construction cost and collusion between the approved builders that adding on an RV garage is prohibitive.

danben111

Reaction score
You can use any builder so long as they are AZ licensed. 2000 SF minimum size home.
there is no build time so you can sit on the lot if you want. But as Dave said you have to gravel it within a year and keep weeds down if you don't plan on building right away. not sure on pavers

danben111

Reaction score

there is a design committee though and they are going toward a modern beach house design as far as I can tell with the conceptuals
So probably wont have any Tuscan style homes built. At least in the marina view phase

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
I have to say that is the worst thing about the Foothills is not being able to use any builder. It has added so much construction cost and collusion between the approved builders that adding on an RV garage is prohibitive.
Yes it sucks you can't use your own builder in the Foothills. I'm looking at a couple of lots but I want my builder. I think the Riviera you can use your builder. I'm not 💯 . Stacy is going to take us down to the Riviera for a look.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Yes it sucks you can't use your own builder in the Foothills. I'm looking at a couple of lots but I want my builder. I think the Riviera you can use your builder. I'm not 💯 . Stacy is going to take us down to the Riviera for a look.
Up here its is far cheaper to buy then build.

Done-it-again

Reaction score

I have a family member that is building in the foothills now and was able to supply some of the product him self, such as windows and other things. He's builds custom homes in socal and now works for a large constitution company. I'll have to check the builder but it wasn't Oxley, as they wouldn't allow that.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score

Up here its is far cheaper to buy then build.

Yes 1000X. A few years I wanted to expand the outdoor overhang and add an outdoor kitchen / poolside bar area. Basically extended the roofline overhang nothing major it would but up against the existing boat deep garage etc. etc. Bottom line is other than being able to call in pool contractors and perimeter wall block builders anything building permit (IE additions to your house) you need to use an approved builder. At the time there were only three that were still in business, I think now there is four. The contractor I used for interior work was not on the list so he could not help me here. I had the house/plot plans, did all the leg work on what I wanted spec'd out etc not to confuse anyone. I received a bid from a builder (1 of 3 not to mention any names..) at the time for like 65K. Mind you nothing elaborate here - I know these things can get out of control but I had an idea what this should cost me already if I could use whom ever I wanted. Figured, OK maybe this guy is into building real houses and does not mess around with a small outdoor kitchen makes sense shoot this over to one of the other two builders. Boom receive a bid back for $65,200. Come on, seriously WTF really - if you guys are going to have beers and try and f_ck me at least give me a reach around. lol Anyway, bailed on the project put the house up for sale and bought the place across the street with an outdoor kitchen and a few other items my wife wanted in a home up here. Awesome garage with a pad to build a second RV garage...... At the end of the day it is very very difficult to add on or renovate here because the builders are putting you on the back burner (because they have exclusivity) to build new more profitable homes.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Yes you can use your own builders and we can help with that as well. There are architectural guidelines (styling guidelines) to keep some symmetry in the community.

To my knowledge they haven’t disclosed what those are yet.

franky

Reaction score
I bought a lot in the Foothills in the Arroyo section and can use any builder. Some big lots in there.

franky

Reaction score
yes views were amazing. However you are correct. The neighbor next to you can build out just as far so you are limited to what’s directly in front of you. Of course you will have a great view for a while if your one of the first to build. Another note: they are only allowing 90 day minimum rental. So basically snow birds or permanent rental. Guess they don’t want the party people in there. Smart !
But that will not stop someone from letting their "friends" use them...

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
I bought a lot in the Foothills in the Arroyo section and can use any builder. Some big lots in there.
Yes I looked at the Arroyo's I liked lot 7 but wasn't ready to pull the trigger. Now sold. They have a new phase but I want more room from neighbors. I'm very loud sometimes 😁

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
Do you have a builder? If not I got a good one

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
The Havasu Riviera Marina View will be a Desert contemporary style neighborhood. There are neighborhood design guidelines and there is a design review committee. This will keep the continuity of the neighborhood up and protect the values of the Marina View homeowners.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I have a family member that is building in the foothills now and was able to supply some of the product him self, such as windows and other things. He's builds custom homes in socal and now works for a large constitution company. I'll have to check the builder but it wasn't Oxley, as they wouldn't allow that.

Steve? He’s using Lambert, and they were cool with him bribing in his connections on some of the supplies. His house is behind ours.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Steve? He’s using Lambert, and they were cool with him bribing in his connections on some of the supplies. His house is behind ours.

Yup. Really cool guy, he was family when married to my wife’s aunt. He’s remarried now. Again he’s supper layed back and easy going. Tanqueray and tonic is his drink.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
This project is exciting and very interesting to follow as it has developed. I am not in a position to even waste a Realtor's time to look at the area in person, BUT!! if I were the Havasu Rivera would not even be on my list. There were, I believe TWO incredible homes up stream from Havasu. The fact that both were different beautiful, River/Water front Property with NO Neighbors on top of you, in front of you OR behind you is the Selling point for me. I am confused when people most likely are coming from "THE CITY" would want the "EVERYTHING" that goes with the Rivera, Rules, Neighbors,Traffic On AND ON. I understand some complain about the distance from town for supplies and the Night/Social Life= To each their own. I just LOVE every aspect of the River Estates.

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
I absolutely love this development. I’ve gotten quite familiar with it and will be there almost every day this week showing lots. I think Havasu finally has some reach out and touch waterfront and people have been waiting forever for it. The developers can be found around constantly to answer questions and they are making many efforts to make every lot worthy of its price tag. We sold 4 more lots this weekend. Everyone feel free to give us a call if you want to take a tour. I’m happy to meet you down there anytime. We can help guide you through design and construction process as well.

Stacy Johnson
Team RDP
Realty Executives
928-706-4200

danben111

Reaction score
I started my plans the end of last week. I'm hoping to submit for my initial design review in the next week or so. With any luck, I should break ground in August.

what lot did you get?
I just signed today and picked up lot 45.
excited to get the process started.
I think there are only 8-9 lots left
Of course there are many still under contract with the 14 day due diligence time frame, so some lots may become available again if people decide to back out.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
what lot did you get?
Of course there are many still under contract with the 14 day due diligence time frame, so some lots may become available again if people decide to back out.

Howdy neighbor, I am lot 36. We are really looking forward to getting things going and can't wait to actually have a house in Havasu. I think Marina View is going to awesome!

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
what lot did you get?

Congratulations!

530RL

Reaction score
Yes you can use your own builders and we can help with that as well. There are architectural guidelines (styling guidelines) to keep some symmetry in the community.

To my knowledge they haven’t disclosed what those are yet.

What is the legal description of the community?

Go to the recorders office and bring up the CC&R’s. The Architectural guidelines or the manner in which plans can be architecturally approved will be in the CC&R’s in order to get a public report.

I suspect Stacy has a copy of the CC&R’s as they should be provided to a prospective buyer with a copy of the public report and most subdivisions will require a buyer to acknowledge receipt of the public report and the CC&R’s at closing.

Edit, public report here. Architectural committee discussed on Page 13.

Public report here. https://services.azre.gov/publicdatabase/DetailDevelopment.aspx?Id=60000

Last edited:

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
What is the legal description of the community?

Go to the recorders office and bring up the CC&R’s. The Architectural guidelines or the manner in which plans can be architecturally approved will be in the CC&R’s in order to get a public report.

I suspect Stacy has a copy of the CC&R’s as they should be provided to a prospective buyer with a copy of the public report and most subdivisions will require a buyer to acknowledge receipt of the public report and the CC&R’s at closing.

Public report here. https://services.azre.gov/publicdatabase/DetailDevelopment.aspx?Id=60000

You are correct. The CC&R's and the Design guideline are part of the escrow and buyer's have to sign acknowledgement of receipt. The problem now is the developer's haven't finished the Design review guidelines, even though due diligence and escrow's are closing for buyer's daily.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Will my state park pass be good there? It’s right across the street from my place so the ramp would be super convenient.

530RL

Reaction score
You are correct. The CC&R's and the Design guideline are part of the escrow and buyer's have to sign acknowledgement of receipt. The problem now is the developer's haven't finished the Design review guidelines, even though due diligence and escrow's are closing for buyer's daily.

Agreed, that is a risk for a buyer depending upon if a buyer wants it more controlled or less controlled by the HOA.

Further, the Declarant has full power over this subdivision so it doesn’t really matter what they tell you today as they can change it. And they can change it to an approved only list of builders if they choose to also. See the following from the public report.

“Control of Association: Declarant will have control from the recording of this Declaration and ending on the earlier of: (a) the date on which Declarant (including any Affiliates) no longer owns a Lot or Tract in the Project; (b) December 31, 2084; or (c) the date the Declarant Records a written instrument terminating the Period of Declarant Control.”

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Been watching the progress of the Riviera and an very envious of everyone that is able to pick up a lot. Timing on the first phase is not in the cards for us but I am hopeful for another phase down the road.

If anyone is interested in discussing a quality door and window package to capitalize on the views let me know. I have been in business for the last 30 years In Hawaii and I’d be happy to Have a conversation. I also thought that I’d include some of our past projects.
31E87796-5CD3-4294-AFBA-60C7886475DC.jpeg
57A9B18E-5222-43D3-A01A-B94D753D22B0.jpeg
FD412BBE-9283-4361-B7CA-DA06930073EE.jpeg
D7FC3053-D447-4227-8078-5089672210F3.jpeg
25FED2E4-DCE6-406C-A522-D764E2EEE5F9.jpeg
CDE575A9-90F6-49E3-A061-9401D5732C30.jpeg
06898FF5-AADD-4F7D-8DD1-5CFD0020513C.jpeg
74346222-4DF6-4644-BEE0-8F779B2CC450.jpeg
E513CC69-261D-41C1-B8FA-D9717F2461A2.jpeg
6F5F9F4F-33F1-4371-87F5-65E754AE7E95.jpeg
52BB3EB5-4F2A-46A2-B120-1A609D4A18CF.jpeg

danben111

Reaction score
Been watching the progress of the Riviera and an very envious of everyone that is able to pick up a lot. Timing on the first phase is not in the cards for us but I am hopeful for another phase down the road.

If anyone is interested in discussing a quality door and window package to capitalize on the views let me know. I have been in business for the last 30 years In Hawaii and I’d be happy to Have a conversation. I also thought that I’d include some of our past projects. View attachment 875871 View attachment 875873 View attachment 875874 View attachment 875876 View attachment 875884 View attachment 875885 View attachment 875886 View attachment 875887 View attachment 875888 View attachment 875889 View attachment 875890
Wow nice work

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score

If anyone is interested in discussing a quality door and window package to capitalize on the views let me know. I have been in business for the last 30 years In Hawaii and I’d be happy to Have a conversation. I also thought that I’d include some of our past projects. View attachment 875871 View attachment 875873 View attachment 875874 View attachment 875876 View attachment 875884 View attachment 875885 View attachment 875886 View attachment 875887 View attachment 875888 View attachment 875889 View attachment 875890
@bn

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Agreed, that is a risk for a buyer depending upon if a buyer wants it more controlled or less controlled by the HOA.

Further, the Declarant has full power over this subdivision so it doesn’t really matter what they tell you today as they can change it. And they can change it to an approved only list of builders if they choose to also. See the following from the public report.

“Control of Association: Declarant will have control from the recording of this Declaration and ending on the earlier of: (a) the date on which Declarant (including any Affiliates) no longer owns a Lot or Tract in the Project; (b) December 31, 2084; or (c) the date the Declarant Records a written instrument terminating the Period of Declarant Control.”

im not the sharpest marble in the book, but I don’t believe HOa’s work like that. You can’t just say you are in control until some
Date 40 years from now or until you don’t own a single lot..

I remember from real estate school they’re is some pretty specific guidelines in the ADRE regarding Thst.

RD