WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Road rage 14 freeway - Harley vs Car - Canyon Country

Tank

Reaction score
I'd bet cash money the driver was startled by the kick, reacted startled and lost control. Driver of the car was already driving head up ass when he changed lanes and cut the MC off.

I get the 245 charge if the driver purposefully struck the MC but it'd be incredibly hard to prove intent (unless he admitted it) and the mc was the aggressor pulling up next to the car and kicking it and to compound his problems he displays consciousness of guilt by fleeing (like a douche bag).

I've ridden motorcycles since I was 10. Bought my first Harley at 19 and have owned many. I worked on a bike, riding 4 days a week 10 hours a day for 7 years - I'm sympathetic to MC riders. In this case, the MC rider is 100% at fault.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I'd bet cash money the driver was startled by the kick, reacted startled and lost control. Driver of the car was already driving head up ass when he changed lanes and cut the MC off.

I get the 245 charge if the driver purposefully struck the MC but it'd be incredibly hard to prove intent (unless he admitted it) and the mc was the aggressor pulling up next to the car and kicking it and to compound his problems he displays consciousness of guilt by fleeing (like a douche bag).

I've ridden motorcycles since I was 10. Bought my first Harley at 19 and have owned many. I worked on a bike, riding 4 days a week 10 hours a day for 7 years - I'm sympathetic to MC riders. In this case, the MC rider is 100% at fault.
Everything would be very different had the mc rider not avoided the car changing lanes.
I agree the car reacted to being thumped and the mc rider is the cause of the accident(s). No question.

Tank

Reaction score
Same. Funny how now days nobody makes mistakes. Everyone is a fucking idiot and should be hung if they screw the pooch even a little. I've accidentky cut someone off and felt like an dip shit. But damn shit happens. Ive also had jt happen to me and i assume it was a mistake and move on. Get over it. I typically laugh when no see people getting all worked up behind the wheel. Like bro life goes on.

I've told this story on here before but I love it and it makes a great point so I'm gonna tell it again quickly -

Pulling out of Ralph's with my kid on the back seat, pull to the stop sign to the main drag handing my kid something preoccupied, glance left, looked clear, roll the stop sign and I'm on the Blvd. look in my rear view and there's a jeep right on my ass. Guy pulls up next to me mother fucking me yelling. We pull up to the light he waits short for me I roll the window down he's yelling I say, "bro, I'm totally sorry I cut you off. My kids in the back seat, I was distracted, totally my bad I'm really sorry". Dude was actually speechless for a moment. Then said, "that's cool you apologized man, thanks. Have a good day".

Little understanding compassion accountability and patience goes a long way on both sides of the coin.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

If the story of the witness account who videoed the accident didn't say there were words exchanged between the bike and car before this and after the cutting off, I'd agree. Since there were, I don't think it's 100% the bike's fault. There is definitely a mix in there. If the video was closer or clearer so you could see where the driver's head and hands are, that could tell you right away. IE he reacts to the kick and his hand is on the bottom of the wheel, sure.... unintentional. If their hands are on top or their head doesn't react.... intentional, but possible mitigating circumstances due to the kick and words exchanged.

milkmoney

Reaction score
U don't think the car swerved at the motorcycle in retaliation to the boot to the car ????[emoji202]

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
:tbi

road rage.jpg

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Arrest made and need to wait until the news conference for the suspects information

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/...s-Sedan-Before-Multi-Car-Crash-475441623.html

An arrest has been made in a dangerous caught-on-camera road rage incident between a motorcyclist and a driver on a Southern California freeway that led to a chain-reaction crash in 2017.

The California Highway Patrol announced an arrest in the June 2017 wreck Wednesday, but would not discuss who the suspect was. CHP was to hold a news conference later in the day, discussing the motorist's identity and charges filed.

Tank

Reaction score
Arrest made and need to wait until the news conference for the suspects information

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/...s-Sedan-Before-Multi-Car-Crash-475441623.html

An arrest has been made in a dangerous caught-on-camera road rage incident between a motorcyclist and a driver on a Southern California freeway that led to a chain-reaction crash in 2017.

The California Highway Patrol announced an arrest in the June 2017 wreck Wednesday, but would not discuss who the suspect was. CHP was to hold a news conference later in the day, discussing the motorist's identity and charges filed.

So weird, I was actually going to post on here and see if anyone heard anything like 3 days ago.

Thanks for posting. Wondering who it is and why the "press conference" and not release the m/c riders identity immediately like usual.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
So weird, I was actually going to post on here and see if anyone heard anything like 3 days ago.

Thanks for posting. Wondering who it is and why the "press conference" and not release the m/c riders identity immediately like usual.

They probably identified the guy from his dropped lanyard.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

Rusty something, cant remember the last name.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I've been wondering about it myself and then saw the news feed come up on my phone.