WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Road Side assistance Plans

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
I need to change my Insurance and interested if any here have suggestions on Road Side assistance,separate from your Auto Insurance Policy?

wallnutz

Reaction score
My road side assistance through State Farm saved my ass a couple times when I had problems with my RV. Good Sam let me down more than once.

Singleton

Reaction score
AAA road side F’me and I switched to Good Sams. GS has saved me a few times

Cdog

Reaction score
I have a USAA and Good Sam. Had an asshole hit and run the wheel of my truck and bend the tie rod while I was parked at a gas station in the middle of nowhere. All they offer is to tow your stuff to the closest service station. It might still be worth it but don't expect much. They wanted to tow my gooseneck trailer to a local storage yard where I'd have to pay a ridiculous storage fee while my truck was being fixed back in Phoenix/Scottsdale. Then I'd have to drive back to BFE to get the trailer and pay the storage fees.

I opted to pay a guy $550 to pick me up and tow the trailer back to my house 2.5 hours away.

Last edited:

Wedgy

Reaction score
I have AAA, Premier, which will tow the boat, too. The 200 mile tow is nice, The 4, 100 mile tows are nice too. Covered me from Clovis back to Levelland. The Battery service is pretty nice. Have used that on Vacation too. If your Kids drive, coverage is nice to have for them as well.

Having a competent Tow Operator respond is always a big plus. Not always the case.

Your ad here

Reaction score
AAA makes up rules as they want. They will fuck you over. They will keep calling you while your waiting for the tow truck and just fucking bombard you with sales pitches.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
AAA is friggen terrible for anything having to do with boat trailers. They will only provide service to your trailer if the boat isn't on it. So, for the 5 or so minutes between the ramp and the parking space, you're covered. A-holes. We switched to Good Sam.

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk

floatn turd

Reaction score
X2 for Better World.

Used AAA for years.
Price kept going up and services went down.

Found Better World 8 years ago.
Way cheaper with the car and trailer towing.

Wedgy

Reaction score
IDK Guys n Gals, Upon further review, taking all Inmate input into consideration. I checked out the other providers mentioned. It pays to read all the fine print. Do your own Due Diligence, Do what works for You. Sorry to hear all the Bad, sucks to pay for service you didn't get. I hear you. But. Don't get mad, get even. Again. All Tow operators are not created equal. I order what I want them to send out, only had them not do it once, in over 20 years. Sounds to me like that's who Screwed the Pooch. the Tow Provider, who is a Subcontractor. I call them out, catch them in a Lie, then go Scorched Earth on their Ass with the Service provider, demanding they be canceled as a Tow provider. That's here and now in Texas. Still with AAA. They give me what I ask for. One good Fucking deserves another. Every Time.
Caveat Emptor. Your experiences may vary.

HBCraig

Reaction score
I have 2

AAA and I added the boat/trailer combination in case that needs to be towed.

Also added trailer/boat to my Boat US account.

Singleton

Reaction score
While I posted above, I actually have more then 1.
Have towing with insurance (StateFarm).
AAA roadside - easiest for wife and kids to use when I am away
Good Sams - for ToyHauler

When I need a serious tow, I call all and see which one quotes the fastest arrival time.
StateFarm is I pay and get reimbursed (always the fastest service), followed by Good Sams then AAA. Last time I needed truck and trailer towed, the truck arrived and said he got the call from both GS and AAA. He tole me GS pays a better rate, that is why I was quoted 1 hour until arrival, while AAA was 3 hours.

bk2drvr

Reaction score
I’ve never had an issue where I’ve needed roadside service. Ever. I’m 48yo. Ive driven the equivalent of the circumstance of earth 9 times just in river trips since I was 18. This spans about 5 vehicles and 3 trailers. I did change a flat tire with my spare on my trailer on the 40 once.

Anyone else?

Backlash

Reaction score
AAA.

Two weeks ago, coming back to L.A. from the river, my trusty old Suburban decided it didn't like the water pump on the front of the motor. It tossed out a cheap pressed in hose fitting and spilled its coolant on I-10 halfway between Ehrenberg and Rice Road. I shut the motor down as quickly as possible and parked on the shoulder of the freeway. Stranded, in the middle of the afternoon in the middle of the SoCal desert.

AAA dispatched a tow truck which arrived in about an hour and 10 minutes. They loaded my truck and towed it all the way back to my house in L.A., 203 miles away. I didn't pay a dime for the tow.

Back in the day, you could load a car up on a flatbed tow truck and the passengers were allowed to ride in the car with their seatbelts on. As this is no longer allowed by AAA, they sent a taxi to pick us and our two dogs up. That part wasn't covered and it cost me $240.

So, after that experience, I have ZERO complaints with AAA. It would have been nice to NOT have to pay for a separate taxi fee, but to get my family off the side of the road and home safely was worth every cent.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
AAA premier, saved my ass with a $200 an hour low boy for our diesel pusher on more than one occasion.

Reaction score
I've had coach-net for 2 years but have never needed to call them. $99. per year

El Chingon

Reaction score
AAA.

Two weeks ago, coming back to L.A. from the river, my trusty old Suburban decided it didn't like the water pump on the front of the motor. It tossed out a cheap pressed in hose fitting and spilled its coolant on I-10 halfway between Ehrenberg and Rice Road. I shut the motor down as quickly as possible and parked on the shoulder of the freeway. Stranded, in the middle of the afternoon in the middle of the SoCal desert.

AAA dispatched a tow truck which arrived in about an hour and 10 minutes. They loaded my truck and towed it all the way back to my house in L.A., 203 miles away. I didn't pay a dime for the tow.

Back in the day, you could load a car up on a flatbed tow truck and the passengers were allowed to ride in the car with their seatbelts on. As this is no longer allowed by AAA, they sent a taxi to pick us and our two dogs up. That part wasn't covered and it cost me $240.

So, after that experience, I have ZERO complaints with AAA. It would have been nice to NOT have to pay for a separate taxi fee, but to get my family off the side of the road and home safely was worth every cent.

AAA Premiere Also

Last summer coming home from Havasu my HydroBoost took a shit. Got the truck as far as 199 miles from home and called AAA for my 200 mile tow. Put us on a flatbed and drove us home. I made sure us 3 would fit in the cab. Didn't pay a dime for the tow either. After 52 years with AAA and im not even 52, I have no complaints.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Allstate can suck my balls. I have AAA now, they had a truck to the lady that hit me in 15 minutes while Allstate told me it was going to be over an hour to get one to me from 50 miles away when I was 5 minutes from a major towing company.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I was being cheap and used USAA roadside assistance for like $20/year.

Then I got two flats one evening, hit some busted pavement at about 60 mph. It was in a sketchy part of town, so I had the car towed to my house, then to the tire store the next morning.

Got dinged for an at fault accident - “hit object on road”.

Note to self:
Don’t use insurance for anything other than insurance. The data they collect can be used against you.

I have AAA now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro