WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Road trip! Getting the Daytona

Your ad here

Reaction score
If you haven't found a boat by the time you're finished working on this one and sell it, you can borrow my boat.

TimeBandit

Reaction score
Reminds me of my 16' Kona, I had to replace the wood in the transom due to dry rot. First removed engine and rear seat, then I cut the deck off in two places to the top/bottom molding/parting line, Then removed the flaky rotten wood, then glued two layers of 3/4 marine plywood together with West Systems epoxy and some kind of thickener, then cut it to shape and used the West System again with some thickener to glue the new wood to the transom. Then covered the whole thing with fiberglass cloth after fairing the edges with some more epoxy thickened to the consistency of bondo. Glassed the deck back on from underneath, covered the two cuts with some vinyl stripes and hung the 140 back on it and used it for 4 more years before I sold it.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
elephant-car.gif

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Boatpoor has the 12’ version of that boat with a 50 Merc with power trim. Talk about scary.

Backlash

Reaction score
He's gonna swamp that thing the first time out! 🤣

You Havabrew locals BEST be down at the launch ramp grabbing some blackmail material when he does slide it down the ramp! 😁

Backlash

Reaction score
Dude its 16'!! And you're over 6' tall RD! Think about it, that leaves 5' in front of you and 4' behind you when you're stuck in that seat! It ain't THAT big!! 🤣 A family friend had one years ago. It would fit in the garage, with the motor tilted up and no fold away tongue. Should be fun either way! 👍👍

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dude its 16'!! And you're over 6' tall RD! Think about it, that leaves 5' in front of you and 4' behind you when you're stuck in that seat! It ain't THAT big!! 🤣 A family friend had one years ago. It would fit in the garage, with the motor tilted up and no fold away tongue. Should be fun either way! 👍👍

Do you typically lay down while your driving?

Kbach

Reaction score
Lol, I know right where that boat was parked in ramona. I passed by there on Friday picking up the SxS from benchmark racing.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Chris is a good guy....did he have his Daytona at the shop or is it at his house. It's a pretty sweet ride.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thats cool, Id love to run that on the lower river.

You know you have to get a hall pass from Mel if you want to run down there
Pfft! Dave thinks Parker is the 'lower river' [emoji38] I wouldn't bet on him slumming it down our way anytime soon. He's talked about it for at least 18 years and never made it happen.

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Pfft! Dave thinks Parker is the 'lower river' [emoji38] I wouldn't bet on him slumming it down our way anytime soon. He's talked about it for at least 18 years and never made it happen.

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk

search cebola on rdp

DLC

Reaction score
That’s a long ass drive For a turn and burn! I could have towed it out for ya if you didn’t need to inspect it. I just drove thru Ramona earlier to get to havasu tonight.

BOAT LOOKS COOL !! Someone going to love it for a 1st timer.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That’s a long ass drive For a turn and burn! I could have towed it out for ya if you didn’t need to inspect it. I just drove thru Ramona earlier to get to havasu tonight.

BOAT LOOKS COOL !! Someone going to love it for a 1st timer.

now ya tell me.. lol. 😳

gqchris

Reaction score
Dave you should just buy my Baker and be way ahead of the game if you have an outboard itch! That thing is going to suck you dry. But if you want a project to mess with, then I see why ya got it.

IMG_3437.JPG

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Congrats RD that looks like a cool project and your doing a nice thing by passing it on to someone as a first boat! I too am looking forward to your build thread.

DB / HAV

Reaction score
Super clean for under $5500, looks like a lot of fun!! Bringing back some fun memories!

Ricks raft

Reaction score
XRI's are sought after, its a 2.5 compared to a 2.4, fuel injection, vented cowl, and if its a 200 they were closer 20 225 hp. That boat is a death trap with that much power and not power steering, the torque steer coming out of the hole has to be huge. I had a Dana Dart 17 with a 135 and cable steering and I could barely hold on to the wheel coming out of the hole.

interesting. I grew up with a 16.5’, had the first 200 on the west coast and never had an issue, slight pull at the top end...
And after a shop blew up the 2.4 200 25 yrs later, it was replaced with a 2.5 with about 240hp no issues.

Last edited:

Community

Reaction score
I had a 12' version years ago too. I thought it was a great little boat and well made. Matched bimini top with stripes to match the gel. Made in Huntington Beach if I recall correctly. I ran the boat from Alamitos Bay to Shoreline Village on the 4th of July to meet some folks....in the air a good portion of the trip...congrats Dave looks like it has all sorts of potential and should be kept as a first boat for the kids IMO.

DLC

Reaction score
2 weeks! Just start hitting “ new posts “ now so you’ll be ready