WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Road Trip Input

Meaney77

Reaction score
With all of the craziness going on in the world, I was thinking about throwing the wife and kids in the motorhome and going on a road trip somewhere- just not sure where. We have already done 3 week long trips to the river since the start of all of the "pandemic" and are heading back to the river for 10 days at the end of this month.

I am working remote and the kids are doing distant learning now seems like the perfect time to go on a road trip somewhere. Just not sure where to go and what is open (camp grounds and sight seeing)

Thinking northern CA, OR, WA, ID, AZ, NV, UT, etc...

Any input?

fmo24

Reaction score
I would think Idaho, Utah would be the most open right now. Fuck all the commie states of the west coast. Elevation and cooler weather would be a change of pace and scenery for the kids since you will be at river regularly. Definitely call any campgrounds you are interested in as some have very limited amenities right now.

Wedgy

Reaction score
If Cali is acceptable; Burney Falls is pretty cool. Headwaters of the Fall river. A huge spring, walk behind the falls and you can look down into the spring and see the crystal clear water springing up and flow over the edge. Trip.

Sunrise from the top of Mt. Lassen is a memorable event as well. Trail up is a freeway to the top. Head back down 395. Safe Travels and have Fun!!

DaveH

Reaction score
not sure where your starting point is as that may be a factor.

but for me, Utah would be the "bang for the buck" as this rioting BS has hardly touched up there and there are numerous cool places to visit....Zion, Brice, Moab, Arches and more.

Meaney77

Reaction score

but for me, Utah would be the "bang for the buck" as this rioting BS has hardly touched up there and there are numerous cool places to visit....Zion, Brice, Moab, Arches and more.
Ventura County

RodnJen

Reaction score
I would head north to Mendocino, maybe take the kids on the "skunk train" through through the forest. Then head up to the Oregon coast, Bandon area then into Bend for some river and brewery action. Either way, take your time and enjoy it.

rivergames

Reaction score
I went up to Lake Tahoe last August Weather was perfect and water was warm and crystal blue! Then stopped at Bodie the Ghost town on the way back off the 395. Fun little road trip

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
We are in NM, and have been trying to find time away from the farm and kids stuff to do a 3 week run. we want to head north through Colorado, through the Rocky Mtn natl forrest, then up through Jacksonhole Wy, Rushmore, Niagra falls, then back through Indiana to Fair Oaks Farms, Ky to the Noahs Ark deal, maybve stop in Nashville and head the rest of the way home, maybe stop in San Antonio and do the river walk again.

DaveH

Reaction score
I would head north to Mendocino, maybe take the kids on the "skunk train" through through the forest. Then head up to the Oregon coast, Bandon area then into Bend for some river and brewery action. Either way, take your time and enjoy it.
i dunno maybe its just me but i wouldnt want to be near anywhere near oregon nor portland.....the breeding grounds for ANTIFA.

cofooter

Reaction score

This would be a cool trip, Head up through Utah and finish on the western slope of the rockies. Maybe spend a few days near grand junction and then head south through Durango, Mesa Verde National Park and four corners and take that route home.

Tank

Reaction score
Ventura County
Closed! 😁

Idaho is Beautiful right now. Get way up into the pan handle (Coeur d'alene or Pend Oreille). Hang a bit on the lakes and then cross the boarder to Banf (If the boarder is open right now). If not head east from there and hit south end of glacier national park and northern Montana.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Closed! 😁

Idaho is Beautiful right now. Get way up into the pan handle (Coeur d'alene or Pend Oreille). Hang a bit on the lakes and then cross the boarder to Banf (If the boarder is open right now). If not head east from there and hit south end of glacier national park and northern Montana.
Was in your neck of the woods yesterday!

918AB712-7FE9-4453-BA9D-FFED427C5EE2.jpeg

Meaney77

Reaction score
Yeah? It was nice yesterday. What beach?
It was beautiful yesterday, we were at Silver strand. Thought it would have been busier down there than it was.

Tank

Reaction score
It was beautiful yesterday, we were at Silver strand. Thought it would have been busier down there than it was.
Awe shoot man, I'm just across the channel on Hollywood Beach. You ever head up on a weekend let me know.

RCDave

Reaction score
My recent experience is its challenging to find any reservable places in California. There is much pent up demand to travel but with COVID its hard to find places that have open reservable sites.

This is putting pressure on adjacent states. Hard to find campsites in Arizona, Nevada, etc, as Californians are forced to go into these other states. Plus no one is flying or staying in hotels yet

Meaney77

Reaction score
You selfish prick, you know how many people you’ve endangered! Insane.
I agree with panhandle of Idaho, Lake Pend Orielle/Sandpoint, then drop back down through Montana,(Flathead Lake), Wyoming and across Utah. I’m envious as hell.
🤣 It was funny to see a handful of people still walking around the beach with masks on- Like COVID is still a thing....!

Destinations you mentioned above is what I am leaning towards., hoping we can make this happen!

Meaney77

Reaction score
My recent experience is its challenging to find any reservable places in California. There is much pent up demand to travel but with COVID its hard to find places that have open reservable sites.

This is putting pressure on adjacent states. Hard to find campsites in Arizona, Nevada, etc, as Californians are forced to go into these other states. Plus no one is flying or staying in hotels yet

I called a few campgrounds this morning and they informed me they were open for "essential travel" and make you sign a waiver before entering. Also sounded like you were limited to a night which wouldnt be a bad thing for a road trip.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Trying to do the same, but this still CV crap is hamstringing the hell out of me.

4Waters

Reaction score
With all of the craziness going on in the world, I was thinking about throwing the wife and kids in the motorhome and going on a road trip somewhere- just not sure where. We have already done 3 week long trips to the river since the start of all of the "pandemic" and are heading back to the river for 10 days at the end of this month.

I am working remote and the kids are doing distant learning now seems like the perfect time to go on a road trip somewhere. Just not sure where to go and what is open (camp grounds and sight seeing)

Thinking northern CA, OR, WA, ID, AZ, NV, UT, etc...

Any input?
I would go anywhere outside of California. GTFO for a few days.