WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

ROAD TRIP! Lake Pend Oreille, Idaho Fun Run July 24th...

Tank

Reaction score
This was mentioned on a couple other threads but it looks like it's 99% a go. Here is some info that was posted on OSO and requested be posted over here.

From organizers:

OK here is what we have so far just waiting for 2 spots to confirm. This is sparking lots of excitement for the business owners everyone that I have spoken with are very excited and very willing to support the run.

Date: Saturday July 24th 2021
Start: roughly at 11:00am
Route: Start-> Willow bay and Marina--> Trinity's-->Hope --> Bayview (lunch stop)--> Bottle bay Resort and Marina---> Ending at Dover marina
I am working on alternative stop spots in case we get a really big turnout.

I know @RiverDave and fam are interested. I'm thinking caravan out of Havasu July 21st super early morning for bonzi run. Get up there evening of 22nd. put boats in water and play around Friday. Run on Sat. cruise lake and hang out (maybe raft up) sunday, pull boats out of water and clean up Monday and roll out again super early Tuesday am, hope Wed evening. Aggressive schedule for travel but I think it's doable.

Lake Pend Oreille, Idaho (less known than Lake Coeur d'Alene which is about 30 minutes south and smaller) has been brought up on RDP numerous times and there's a handful of people that live or vacation up there regularly. If you've never been, I will say, the lake is absolutely stunning (though I may be bias since I grew up going there). Crystal clear water, foresty shoreline, scenery, good people, good food and great restaurants, unmanned and manned islands, they even have floating houses you can rent and it's simple to navigate, etc. etc. We're going to push hard to try and make this. put the wife and kids on a plane and rush it up there.

Maybe we can get a decent size contingency from RDP.

Few pics to give you the idea.

Pend1.jpg
pend2.jpg
pend3.jpg
pend4.jpg
pend5.jpg
pend6.jpg
pend7.jpg
pend8.jpg
pend9.png
pend10.jpg
pend11.jpg
pend12.jpg
pend13.jpg
pend14.jpg
pend15.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
18 hours from Havasu.. but do able. :)

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What's the plan here renting houses? Taking motorhome?

Will anything be open (restaurants etc?)

RD

Tank

Reaction score
What's the plan here renting houses? Taking motorhome?

Will anything be open (restaurants etc?)

RD
It's Idaho dude. And northern Idaho to boot. EVERYTHING is wide open. Shit, kids are back in school.

Drive wouldn't be horrible actually. I mean it's usually over 6 hours for us towing form the Nard to Havasu. 4 more hours a day? 10 hours a day drive. Get there before sundown 2nd day 👍

We usually rent a place. Trying to find a place with a dock.

Water Romper

Reaction score
I had to re-read the 1st post as I was thinking its friggin freezing here in Boise but after I looked again:

Sounds awesome. I think I'll drag the ol' Hallett there, are 2 strokes allowed on the lake? (I'm not joking, some lakes dont allow the old smokies like Tahoe)
Any nice hotels there? The pictures are beautiful, Cool, somthing to look forward too;)

Also, isnt Sandpoint a big deal? Ive heard of it but never have made my way that far north.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Lets do this!

We're in OR and do CDA at least once a year. I have this on my calendar already.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It's Idaho dude. And northern Idaho to boot. EVERYTHING is wide open. Shit, kids are back in school.

Drive wouldn't be horrible actually. I mean it's usually over 6 hours for us towing form the Nard to Havasu. 4 more hours a day? 10 hours a day drive. Get there before sundown 2nd day 👍

We usually rent a place. Trying to find a place with a dock.

Then I'll take the truck and we will Hotel it on the way up. :)

RD

Andy B.

Reaction score
How far from Couer d lane to lazy to look lol
Never mind.

2Driver

Reaction score
Then I'll take the truck and we will Hotel it on the way up. :)

RD

Have to take the kids to Silverwood amusement Park for a day.

I couldn’t believe there was a park this big and nice so remote. Best park Ive been to, in a lot of ways, the people and lack of crowds and some epic rides

Last edited:

25Elmn8r

Reaction score
I'm not sure I can make the hour drive... Would love to join but my little wake boat would get beat up on that lake. If there's a off water gathering, consider me there.

Tank

Reaction score
I had to re-read the 1st post as I was thinking its friggin freezing here in Boise but after I looked again:

Sounds awesome. I think I'll drag the ol' Hallett there, are 2 strokes allowed on the lake? (I'm not joking, some lakes dont allow the old smokies like Tahoe)
Any nice hotels there? The pictures are beautiful, Cool, somthing to look forward too;)

Also, isnt Sandpoint a big deal? Ive heard of it but never have made my way that far north.

Pretty sure there's no restrictions on 2 stroke as the pontoon we rented a couple years ago was 2 stroke.

Sandpoint a big deal? I think as time moves on it's becoming more popular because of its small town charm and how it's been overlook (aka not so crowded) for so many years.

2Driver

Reaction score
Holy crap that looks amazing worth the drive just to go hang out there

Tank just got quoted $1500 a night.
Guess we got a bargin for a week in 2019. We were the first to rent it

wallnutz

Reaction score
I might be in, but no boat. Trying to figure out how to spend a month in Idaho this summer. Between Idaho dunes and other destinations. Just have to change our dates around a little bit. We will be in our RV.

Tank

Reaction score
Little too spendy. LOL

When you guys posted that back when you rented it I thought, "holy crap that had to cost an arm and a leg", since we'd just rented a much smaller lake front property in Hope prior to you going up and knew what lake front rented for. $1500 though? Ummmmm, no.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Little too spendy. LOL

When you guys posted that back when you rented it I thought, "holy crap that had to cost an arm and a leg", since we'd just rented a much smaller lake front property in Hope prior to you going up and knew what lake front rented for. $1500 though? Ummmmm, no.
That sucker doesn't even have a 16' panorama slider.......
:D

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
My sister lives in Longview Washington and goes boating there every other year. One day I'll join her.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I will probably be in the area around that time in the 5th wheel fading to the Sturgis Rally. Been to Sandpoint and love it there.

I am going to try to time it all......be nice to meet some of you.

RichL

Reaction score
Looks like a beautiful place.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
I will probably be in the area around that time in the 5th wheel fading to the Sturgis Rally. Been to Sandpoint and love it there.

I am going to try to time it all......be nice to meet some of you.
To bad and it wasn’t a week later
Would be perfect to do that then go to sturgis

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
I'd be interested in this. I could drag up my 21' Centurion squirt boat. Would a boat like that be okay for that lake?

This is provided Bidum doesn't prohibit interstate travel.

FishSniper

Reaction score
This was mentioned on a couple other threads but it looks like it's 99% a go. Here is some info that was posted on OSO and requested be posted over here.

From organizers:

OK here is what we have so far just waiting for 2 spots to confirm. This is sparking lots of excitement for the business owners everyone that I have spoken with are very excited and very willing to support the run.

Route: Start-> Willow bay and Marina--> Trinity's-->Hope --> Bayview (lunch stop)--> Bottle bay Resort and Marina---> Ending at Dover marina

I know @RiverDave and fam are interested. I'm thinking caravan out of Havasu July 21st super early morning for bonzi run. Get up there evening of 22nd. put boats in water and play around Friday. Run on Sat. cruise lake and hang out (maybe raft up) sunday, pull boats out of water and clean up Monday and roll out again super early Tuesday am, hope Wed evening. Aggressive schedule for travel but I think it's doable.

Lake Pend Oreille, Idaho (less known than Lake Coeur d'Alene which is about 30 minutes south and smaller) has been brought up on RDP numerous times and there's a handful of people that live or vacation up there regularly. If you've never been, I will say, the lake is absolutely stunning (though I may be bias since I grew up going there). Crystal clear water, foresty shoreline, scenery, good people, good food and great restaurants, unmanned and manned islands, they even have floating houses you can rent and it's simple to navigate, etc. etc. We're going to push hard to try and make this. put the wife and kids on a plane and rush it up there.

View attachment 961344 View attachment 961345 View attachment 961346 View attachment 961347 View attachment 961348 View attachment 961349 View attachment 961350 View attachment 961351 View attachment 961352 View attachment 961353 View attachment 961354 View attachment 961355 View attachment 961356 View attachment 961357 View attachment 961358
Have a couple friends that retired up there recently and love it. Was considering going up there next summer to check it out and visit them maybe I’ll see if these dates would work.

25Elmn8r

Reaction score
I'd be interested in this. I could drag up my 21' Centurion squirt boat. Would a boat like that be okay for that lake?

As long as there is NO wind. If the wind kicks up it can get pretty big out there. We were on Lake CDA last summer when the wind picked up and we were taking waves over the bow. LPO is a much bigger lake than CDA.

Tank

Reaction score

You’d have fun running a smaller boat and could jump in with someone else (or us if we have room) for the long run if the water gets snotty. But frankly it’s pretty rare for the water to get crappy that time of year. Not unheard of but doesn’t happen often.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I think we leave Powell on the 24th. Maybe just head north [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

From organizers:

View attachment 961344 View attachment 961345 View attachment 961346 View attachment 961347 View attachment 961348 View attachment 961349 View attachment 961350 View attachment 961351 View attachment 961352 View attachment 961353 View attachment 961354 View attachment 961355 View attachment 961356 View attachment 961357 View attachment 961358
CIG alert!

2Driver

Reaction score
You’d have fun running a smaller boat and could jump in with someone else (or us if we have room) for the long run if the water gets snotty. But frankly it’s pretty rare for the water to get crappy that time of year. Not unheard of but doesn’t happen often.

Deep too, they have a sub base.

Icky

Reaction score
When we went to St Anthony Dunes we met up with the other half of our group coming from Phoenix just outside of Salt Lake. Had dinner together at a brewery , spent the night in a Walmart parking lot and drove the rest of the way in the morning.

Coming back sucked as we drove straight through.

Water Romper

Reaction score
That cabin (if that's what you call it, looks more like a small hotel) is beautiful but $1500.00 a night is out of my league (I'm one of the poor folks on RDP) I ill look for an average hotel and take it from there. This could be a hoot, love trying new boating places :)

Duck'ed_Up

Reaction score
I will actually be in CDA that weekend this would be fun!

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Funny our number 1 customer originated on the shores of Lake Pend Oreille and still operate out of Sandpoint today. Lighthouse Foods went from a family owned business to a 100% employee owned one. I'm sure most of you have their products in your fridge.
Been to Sandpoint a few times to visit them and it truly is beautiful country.

havasuhusker

Reaction score
This sounds like a cool trip. The lake looks amazing. I'd be down.

MeCasa16

Reaction score
We might be down for this.. Sounds like a fun convoy. Our new Howard is going to be delivered end of March.

Tank

Reaction score
Updated info from those putting it on. Seems to be getting better and better. Gonna be a legit fun event!

Quick update on the run it going smoothly and everyone is excited we are currently working on the permits, flyers,shirts,and other fun stuff stay tuned!

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
So awesome this is taking place, we start building a home on Lake Pend this time next year and will be calling Lake Pend home in 2022. I hope this event becomes an annual event and I get to reunite with a great group of people every year.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
This would be awesome. Pretty sure I can go.

Dettom

Reaction score
It is a beautiful lake and huge.

BajaMike

Reaction score