WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Road Trip to Idaho

RichieRich

Reaction score
My 11 year old son races dirtbikes and the series we race got postponed due to Covid(surprise surprise) Anyway, they changed the next race from Hangtown here in Cali to Cache Valley MX in Preston Idaho. I am not going to tow my fifth wheel all the way so I will be renting a small van to carry the bikes. My question is, I have never been to Utah or Idaho and don't want to miss anything. What are some cool stops along the way to help break up the 750 mile trip? We are heading up Sep 10th and coming home the 13th.
So far I know of the Creamery in Beaver Utah, but I am sure there is a giant ball of string we can see along the way.
thanks in advance
Rich
Pic 1.jpg

JD D05

Reaction score
My 11 year old son races dirtbikes and the series we race got postponed due to Covid(surprise surprise) Anyway, they changed the next race from Hangtown here in Cali to Cache Valley MX in Preston Idaho. I am not going to tow my fifth wheel all the way so I will be renting a small van to carry the bikes. My question is, I have never been to Utah or Idaho and don't want to miss anything. What are some cool stops along the way to help break up the 750 mile trip? We are heading up Sep 10th and coming home the 13th.
So far I know of the Creamery in Beaver Utah, but I am sure there is a giant ball of string we can see along the way.
thanks in advance
Rich
View attachment 915638

Where are you coming from? Are you willing to take the scenic longer route?

RichieRich

Reaction score
Where are you coming from? Are you willing to take the scenic longer route?
that would have been helpful...sorry man
I am coming from Riverside Ca and depending on time, I am willing to do pretty much anything.
I just need to be in Preston ID from 9-3 on Friday the 11th and at 10am on Saturday the 12th
other than that I am open

JD D05

Reaction score
that would have been helpful...sorry man
I am coming from Riverside Ca and depending on time, I am willing to do pretty much anything.
I just need to be in Preston ID from 9-3 on Friday the 11th and at 10am on Saturday the 12th
other than that I am open

Got it...So if you have time to take this route it is really great. Honestly the drive up the 15 is extremely lame but it is a lot quicker.

1598484487842.png

boatnam2

Reaction score
Worlds biggest potato, my SIL drive the 18 wheeler that hauls it around. Little far from where you are headed.

wallnutz

Reaction score
Keep the ideas coming, heading to St Anthony in two weeks for a week. Maybe take the long way home. I have been all over Utah, but haven’t been able to spend much time at one place, besides around Cedar City.

Dettom

Reaction score
Great little town. My youngest daughter went to college in Logan Ut just across the border.. There is also a great creamery in Logan at the College. As an aside, Preston is where they filmed Napoleon Dynamite. Beautiful country.

Slick

Reaction score
Hit Bear Lake on the Utah/Idaho border. You will be 45 miles away. It is the Caribbean of the Rockies!

One2go

Reaction score
Than this section would avoid SLC all together also way way prettier.

View attachment 915646
Just got home from trip in motorhome up through Utah,Wyoming,up to Montana/west Yellowstone.Did a lot of this route instead of 15. Awesome views,and cool small towns. I believe your not rv ing but if you do check out Mountain valley rv park in Heber Utah. Great stopping point. Stayed in st George on
IMG_2560.JPG
way up but was too hot this time of year to look around,of course Zion is amazing.if your into hiking do Angels landing hike. Not for the faint of heart.

JD D05

Reaction score
Just got home from trip in motorhome up through Utah,Wyoming,up to Montana/west Yellowstone.Did a lot of this route instead of 15. Awesome views,and cool small towns. I believe your not rv ing but if you do check out Mountain valley rv park in Heber Utah. Great stopping point. Stayed in st George on View attachment 915715 way up but was too hot this time of year to look around,of course Zion is amazing.if your into hiking do Angels landing hike. Not for the faint of heart.

My parents live in the field out behind that RV park.

One2go

Reaction score
My parents live in the field out behind that RV park.
That's cool town. Want to head up there with the SXS, had jeep with me this time. Bunch of guys were staying there doing day trips with there side by sides.

JD D05

Reaction score
That's cool town. Want to head up there with the SXS, had jeep with me this time. Bunch of guys were staying there doing day trips with there side by sides.

Yes tons of riding around there. It is a nice town