WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Roadrunner!😪

NicPaus

Reaction score
If this has something to do with the kid that jumped off the dock(which has signage everywhere saying not to) into a boat prop, that is super unfortunate
It was from before that when the Girl was struck and killed at Buckskin (RIP little one). Heard they started cracking down on all the bars. They listed it for sale shortly after. The whole park needs a lot of work. Maybe they will lower the price and it will be worth someone investing.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I saw the post by one of the employees. She said there will be a wet tshirt contest this weekend, and again on Labor Day Weekend. Then closing the end of September.
Where was this post?

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I’ve known for a while now, now that’s it’s out, it really seems official. Super bummed about it. Lots of good times, memories, and friends I’ve met there. I’d consider some of the staff close friends. The strip will never be the same without it.

Hammer

Reaction score
I’ve known for a while now, now that’s it’s out, it really seems official. Super bummed about it. Lots of good times, memories, and friends I’ve met there. I’d consider some of the staff close friends. The strip will never be the same without it.
We need to post some good times at the Road pics! I’ll start.
Halloween
0304F61D-E6C0-4556-8D96-E80A7F32B104.jpeg

Ugly sweater…..
B3F742F1-4615-4712-ABD7-0253DC0A4471.jpeg

Roosky01

Reaction score
Seams like there is enough scratch and talent somewhere on this site to buy and make a go of it?

Or is all our nostalgia just that and the places of our youth and memory just cast aside to history…☹️

mbrown2

Reaction score
Absolutely nuts that folks cannot keep these places going.... river icons gone... Sundance has been on/off for decades now, then Badnochs' and now RR....it will just make the other spots crowded....Hopefully someone gets it... I really like what Big Bend has done....not crazy party spot but things to do for kids so families go there.... maybe someone can re-imagine Roadrunner....don't know it if can survive on the bar it used to be...

NicPaus

Reaction score
Absolutely nuts that folks cannot keep these places going.... river icons gone... Sundance has been on/off for decades now, then Badnochs' and now RR....it will just make the other spots crowded....Hopefully someone gets it... I really like what Big Bend has done....not crazy party spot but things to do for kids so families go there.... maybe someone can re-imagine Roadrunner....don't know it if can survive on the bar it used to be...

BigBend was fixed up after the lease dispute over Buckskin. Phil got mad and supposedly dumped a million into it to prove a point. If anyone could swing Roadrunner its him. His daughter has the listing. They know the River well. Pretty sure he owns majority of it.

mbrown2

Reaction score
BigBend was fixed up after the lease dispute over Buckskin. Phil got mad and supposedly dumped a million into it to prove a point. If anyone could swing Roadrunner its him. His daughter has the listing. They know the River well. Pretty sure he owns majority of it.
Yep....Phil is one of folks that can make things work up there....hopefully someone with some money and the ability to make things work up there picks it up

JFMFG

Reaction score
Well shit. May have to drop the boat on the strip one of these weekends to hit it up one last time.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
If this has something to do with the kid that jumped off the dock(which has signage everywhere saying not to) into a boat prop, that is super unfortunate
Not related to that. It was in the works before then.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
I understand selling a business, but why shut it down before a sale? What are the challenges that they are having that make them want to close/sell?

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Big Bend is limited to dock space and the parking lot. I know that dock looks big but its seriously a 10-12 boat program.
Big Bend is the same as Fox's. Point your nose down river and beware if you attempt the slips. EDDY...

Perhaps CRA will change their mind and allow beaching on the down river side of the bar.

Then......WINE BASED so order beer. Plus side the food is decent for the river.

Reactions: TPC

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I understand selling a business, but why shut it down before a sale? What are the challenges that they are having that make them want to close/sell?
The McCormack's have had enough....for like years. It been for sale on and off for a decade or maybe more.

hallett21

Reaction score
Damn =\. This sucks.

That bar has to be pretty profitable.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😧

Icky

Reaction score
So.......all those road raper cups I've been saving ( that the wife wants to throw away) will be worth some money soon?

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
So.......all those road raper cups I've been saving ( that the wife wants to throw away) will be worth some money soon?
Such sad news. I was thinking that I gotta go get a few more for the next generation in our family will have a matching set each.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The bar fights will move to Fox’s.

$6.6 large is a big monthly nut to crack.
Desert Bar Kenny said to me it’s not the money printing press people think it is.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
since the bar is leased who is actually closing down just the bar or the RV park too?

boatnam2

Reaction score
Mow that shit down and make 4 river front home sites 1.5 mill each or keep it open and risk huge lawsuits all the time and trying to hire help, fights and all the other bull that goes with it.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
since the bar is leased who is actually closing down just the bar or the RV park too?
If leased as a separate gig there is a good chance we’ll see it back in action. If the monthly note is right for the right operator.

An eye opener and appreciate how Foxes rebuilt and is still floating.

MSum661

Reaction score
Closing September 30th after 40+ years! That will leave a dent.

Last edited:

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I was kind of wondering the same thing and who owns the liquor license? Depending on the class they can be pretty pricey.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

Roadrunner Floating Dock Bar & Restaurant

48m ·

Sorry we haven’t been able to respond to everyone over the past few days. As you can imagine the messages, calls, inquires, and curiousness surrounding the rumors have been immense. Thank you for the support, love, and concern you’ve shown. We've definitely felt the love
☺️

After 40 years of the McCormack family and the past 20 years with Jeff and Stephanie it is time to say farewell. We will be closing September 30th
😢

We are eternally grateful to our RR family. No words can describe the love we have for them. They are the glue and duct tape that have held us together over all these years.
To all of our amazing customers, you will most definitely be missed: We will never forget all the fun times...and not to mention dirty times we have had over the years on the Parker Strip.
😜
😂

There are so many memories over the last 40 years that we could never forget
❤️

There is so much more we could say-we could spend months posting about so many great memories and funny stories, but we hope you remember them as much as we will
☺️

We have truly enjoyed watching everyone grow up over the years. We’ve seen many go from being kids hanging with their parents on the dock swimming and fishing, to become parents continuing the river tradition with kids of their own. Oh the beautiful things we’ve witnessed over all these years!
🥲

From the first Roadraper poured to the last we’ve loved being a part of your river family. Thank you and may your lives be as blessed as our’s have over the years
❤️

May be an image of text

135 Comments
252 Shares

Comment

Spectra18

Reaction score
It was from before that when the Girl was struck and killed at Buckskin (RIP little one). Heard they started cracking down on all the bars. They listed it for sale shortly after. The whole park needs a lot of work. Maybe they will lower the price and it will be worth someone investing.
Explain ?

Your ad here

Reaction score
It's in need of an overhaul and cleanup. About 15 years overdue. The dock is about to break into pieces and the RV park can using a good cleaning. I think it lost its spark around the 2008 recession. It's always been great to visit.

EarpRider

Reaction score
It's in need of an overhaul and cleanup. About 15 years overdue. The dock is about to break into pieces and the RV park can using a good cleaning. I think it lost its spark around the 2008 recession. It's always been great to visit.
Yes the dock needs work, but besides that I like it just the way it is, it's the river!