WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Roadtrippin for a 23 Daytona

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
What a week ! Hanging in Havasu all week with DS and now I’m heading to Florida to pick up a 23 Daytona. First stop will be in Phoenix to pick up a buddy. He’s still on the way home form Havasu, so we’re hitting the road tomorrow butt ass early. We’re red eyeing it all the way there. Then take it a bit easier on the way back to SOCAL. Here’s a pic of the little gem. Should be an absolute blast for the river and Havasu.

9B7E2EFB-54D5-4822-8728-5243FEEF7BC4.jpeg

D4D189C4-313E-4843-A350-B014A9440123.jpeg

Taboma

Reaction score
Exactly ! Ill be pulling this apart at the end of the summer. but nowhere near is level !,

I so enjoyed that thread, simply stunned in amazement at the patience and perseverance. Yet watching it, brought back the reality of my youth spent in servitude to my dad's vintage Chris Crafts and my job of sanding, and more sanding, and yet more sanding. 😖
But it was as I was the price of admittance, I was constantly reminded, that price I paid to enjoy my summers water skiing 😂
Cool, looks like a fun boat, enjoy the journey and safe travels 👍👍👍

gqchris

Reaction score
Good luck sir! Been watching your story when the boat was listed on ScreamNFly! Keep us posted and this is a great story! Boat looks like a blast!

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Got a early start out of Phoenix today. Rolling thru New Mexico. Seen more cops on the road than I have in years. From Phoenix to Tucson was nuts. Must have been 20 Pulling people over. Luckily, they were on the westbound side.

6F82ED5E-2413-49DF-BB99-F49F0DC37767.jpeg

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Got a early start out of Phoenix today. Rolling thru New Mexico. Seen more cops on the road than I have in years. From Phoenix to Tucson was nuts. Must have been 20 Pulling people over. Luckily, they were on the westbound side.

View attachment 996523
Yeah, that corridor from Phoenix to Tucson is DEEP with highway patrol. As long as your cruise is set to 9 or less above the speed limit, they usually dont hassle you.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score

View attachment 996523

LordsBurg NM is the spot they will nail you. Drops to 65 on a curve...they sit before or after the bridge. 1mph and you will get stopped. Would never spend a damn dime in that town over it.

Duramax

Reaction score
Good luck man! Keep us updated. Do we know if that's a Wisconsin boat or SoCal boat yet? Looks sweet and I can't wait to run with you.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Good luck man! Keep us updated. Do we know if that's a Wisconsin boat or SoCal boat yet? Looks sweet and I can't wait to run with you.

I believe its a Wisconsin boat. But will have to definitely check it out. Do they have different vin codes?

and yea buddy. Can’t wait to run her

OkHallett270

Reaction score
I believe its a Wisconsin boat. But will have to definitely check it out. Do they have different vin codes?

and yea buddy. Can’t wait to run her
West coast Eliminators HIN will start with the letters ELB. I remember that from my ‘92 Edge that I bought out if Ohio of all places.

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
WI Eliminators start with ELIL. From what I can tell, the WI boats have a different deck, or maybe I should say only one deck option.

74552404-C9D2-4B7A-8311-C97F6072E111.jpeg

5DA968CA-2B71-4D04-A4CA-DE33E732A977.jpeg

The all white boat is CA build, the rainbow boat is WI build. CA deck has wider cockpit and 3-piece windshield, Wi deck is only 62” inside and 2-piece windshield.

stingray11

Reaction score
WI Eliminators start with ELIL. From what I can tell, the WI boats have a different deck, or maybe I should say only one deck option.

View attachment 996714

View attachment 996715

The all white boat is CA build, the rainbow boat is WI build. CA deck has wider cockpit and 3-piece windshield, Wi deck is only 62” inside and 2-piece windshield.
I am pretty sure with Wisconsin boats started off as California boat than the molds were moved to Wisconsin. I like the Wisconsin deck much better because you can step out on the side of the boat and walk to the bow where you cannot do that on the California Deck. I remember seeing an ad in powerboat magazine A long time ago were they showed the Wisconsin style 23 in that ad with a California address ,since then I always wanted the 23' and was finally able to buy one brand new in 1989. Does anybody know when they made that transfer from California to Wisconsin?

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Crashed out in Beaumont TX. We’re just hitting Mississippi Now. All I can say is....Louisana has absolutely TERRIBLE roads !!! I think we had about 10 miles of good roads the entire state!!!

J.P.

Reaction score
I -10E going into Louisiana has gotten a lot better in the last year, but it is still the punishment ride.

Duramax

Reaction score
Crashed out in Beaumont TX. We’re just hitting Mississippi Now. All I can say is....Louisana has absolutely TERRIBLE roads !!! I think we had about 10 miles of good roads the entire state!!!
That's were we picked up my 21!!

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Where in Florida?

Down near Cape Coral. South of Tampa. Florida has some great roads! It’s been a pleasure to drive the I 75. And people are generally skootin along. Most of the time the traffic has been lite.

941Punk

some beach, somewhere.
Reaction score
Down near Cape Coral. South of Tampa. Florida has some great roads! It’s been a pleasure to drive the I 75. And people are generally skootin along. Most of the time the traffic has been lite.

You'll pass on through Venice, give a wave! Enjoy the good weather and freedom. :D

Berdes

Reaction score

View attachment 996714

View attachment 996715

The california style boat was my old boat. Never did figure out how to read the trim indicator set flat on the deck like that. Wife always said she felt more secure in this one than even the bigger ones we had. Best of luck with it.

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
The california style boat was my old boat. Never did figure out how to read the trim indicator set flat on the deck like that. Wife always said she felt more secure in this one than even the bigger ones we had. Best of luck with it.
5960F517-DDA3-4B12-A356-F880654ABEE3.jpeg

Dash is filled in it now and it just got a new transom over the last two weeks.

It’s getting a single 400R like mine.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
You'll pass on through Venice, give a wave! Enjoy the good weather and freedom. :D

Yea buddy. Felt the freedom as we hit the state line. People here are very welcoming. Hell we even got a hello from a state trooper. Were running just a bit under 90 last night and he hit his lights for a moment to say slowdown And off he went. Thanks to the freebie sir.
Picking the boat up today. Will do a test run this afternoon.

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
You may already know EngineerMike on the S&F site - he has one with the 400 single running over 100, and is very knowledgeable about the setup also.
Yeah, EngineerMike and I are friends, I helped him with his setup and my boat is faster...:cool: Pretty sure Nick's will run good too...

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
Yea buddy. Felt the freedom as we hit the state line. People here are very welcoming. Hell we even got a hello from a state trooper. Were running just a bit under 90 last night and he hit his lights for a moment to say slowdown And off he went. Thanks to the freebie sir.
Picking the boat up today. Will do a test run this afternoon.
Can't wait to hear how it goes! Good luck with everything.

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
According to @Duramax, his father sold their car dealership in 84-85- I'm pretty sure it was Eliminator from 85-90, then maybe Eliminator II, then Obsession, using the old Eliminator molds and modifying them. This WI DNR paper is inaccurate in stating 1970's.

Eliminator_ObsessionHistory.JPG

Found this interesting blurb while looking up Eliminator history in Shawano, WI

WendysUpholsteryShawano.JPG

My boat is a Shawano build from 1987, and I picked it up in Pottsboro, TX in 2014, bringing her back to her state of origin.

Duramax

Reaction score
According to @Duramax, his father sold their car dealership in 84-85- I'm pretty sure it was Eliminator from 85-90, then maybe Eliminator II, then Obsession, using the old Eliminator molds and modifying them. This WI DNR paper is inaccurate in stating 1970's.

View attachment 997514

Found this interesting blurb while looking up Eliminator history in Shawano, WI

View attachment 997515

My boat is a Shawano build from 1987, and I picked it up in Pottsboro, TX in 2014, bringing her back to her state of origin.
Wow! That was looking at the front from Green Bay Street. We lived maybe 3 blocks on Humphrey Circle. I will have to ask my mother what year exactly it was sold, I believe it was late 84'. My grandfather owned it before my dad for many years, Bert Anderson Chevrolet, then Ron Anderson Chevrolet. My father moved to Tucson in 85', we stayed in Shawano for one more year, then moved with him in 86'. I remember riding my bike back over to the shop because I missed it, but it was cool seeing the boats being built.
The first year back for summer is when I attended the Eliminator boats party on Shawano Lake, likely when your boat was being built. I love that I finally have an Eliminator. Makes me feel close to my father.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Well gents. The test run went perfectly. Motors fired right up. Purred like kittens, was able to cruise afoul the docks with no issues. Then we went out in the bay. It was snotty 1ft plus snot and the boat ate it up. Ran a number of miles up at a very comfortable 75 at about 2/3 throttle and almost no trim, flat and stable. She will be gettin lots of love when I get back home. Solid transom and stringers. And bones. Were on the road heading up I75 right now.
C4A4F96D-E48B-469E-B019-980D409EB6DC.jpeg
7CE30633-BF34-4096-BA30-0ED5A7861360.jpeg
D9300ED8-A3BC-4B14-A509-6FF4283F262E.jpeg

stingray11

Reaction score
Wow! That was looking at the front from Green Bay Street. We lived maybe 3 blocks on Humphrey Circle. I will have to ask my mother what year exactly it was sold, I believe it was late 84'. My grandfather owned it before my dad for many years, Bert Anderson Chevrolet, then Ron Anderson Chevrolet. My father moved to Tucson in 85', we stayed in Shawano for one more year, then moved with him in 86'. I remember riding my bike back over to the shop because I missed it, but it was cool seeing the boats being built.
The first year back for summer is when I attended the Eliminator boats party on Shawano Lake, likely when your boat was being built. I love that I finally have an Eliminator. Makes me feel close to my father.
Dang small world Duramax,that is pretty cool.

LHCBOY

Reaction score
Well gents. The test run went perfectly. Motors fired right up. Purred like kittens, was able to cruise afoul the docks with no issues. Then we went out in the bay. It was snotty 1ft plus snot and the boat ate it up. Ran a number of miles up at a very comfortable 75 at about 2/3 throttle and almost no trim, flat and stable. She will be gettin lots of love when I get back home. Solid transom and stringers. And bones. Were on the road heading up I75 right now.
View attachment 997617 View attachment 997618 View attachment 997619

Give us a wave when you pass University in Sarasota... BTW Congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duramax

Reaction score
Dang small world Duramax,that is pretty cool.

Crazy right? Then, when I went back the next summer to stay and see all of my friends, Eliminator was a having a party at Shawano Lake Park. My grandparents cottage was 3 houses away on the water, and at the time, my other grandfathers girlfriend =) was working at Eliminator as a secretary/receptionist, so she got me and my best friend a ride in this 23. I remember how scared I was! I sat right behind the passenger in the love seat. Hydro got me this picture and put the names to boats!
trips.jpg

Duramax

Reaction score
View attachment 997617 View attachment 997618 View attachment 997619
Great job man!!!

stingray11

Reaction score
Crazy right? Then, when I went back the next summer to stay and see all of my friends, Eliminator was a having a party at Shawano Lake Park. My grandparents cottage was 3 houses away on the water, and at the time, my other grandfathers girlfriend =) was working at Eliminator as a secretary/receptionist, so she got me and my best friend a ride in this 23. I remember how scared I was! I sat right behind the passenger in the love seat. Hydro got me this picture and put the names to boats! View attachment 997826
Marv Jergenson's boat ?

Rye

Reaction score
Been reading this thread since it started trying to glean info on the Shawano Eliminators. I’ve got a brochure somewhere, I’ll try and find it and post if I do.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Been reading this thread since it started trying to glean info on the Shawano Eliminators. I’ve got a brochure somewhere, I’ll try and find it and post if I do.

Please do. Ive got a lot of things to learn. I’ll be downloading a service manual when I get home as well. Doing a full service and go thru the boat to clean, detail and make sure all the systems are 100% before I take her out to the river.

We just made New Mexico and wlll be dropping my buddy off in Phoenix. Then on home.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Shes still there. We hit a tremendous thunderstorm in San Antonio. Went down to ZERO vis and just crawling. But I must add. This trailer tows excellent. No bounce, and straight as an arrow.
93E15E15-9D70-4630-AF1C-C31F5BE8EEB1.jpeg

Last edited: