WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

ROE overturned , Let the riots begin

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Wether you are for or against abortion the court made the correct decision. Roe-v-wade should never have been heard. There is nothing in the constitution about abortion. Back then they should have kicked it back as it is clearly a State issue.

Exactly.
Yet the Dems are screaming for States rights over a constitutional edict (2nd).
It’s bizarre how backwards they are.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Sounds like a liberal insurrection to me, but I could be wrong. 🤡🌎

30C3C782-9EC1-4C1A-AC92-D1CB2CD2A7AA.jpeg

500bbc

Reaction score
I think you are in the minority, at least around here. They are digging out their pink pussy hats as we speak.

Honestly, I don't think it will be riots, but I think there will be demonstrations/protests with a lot of purple hair/pink-pussy-hat-wearing, Liz Warren angry women.

View attachment 1129370
But is it a real protest if they don't wear their vagina costumes AND a pussy hat?

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Pass!

You wanna do lunch?
I’m bored.

I’d be all over that offer But….and I gots a big BUT. LOL. Just ate with the wife and now I have to jump into conference calls until 4pm. ☹️☹️☹️ You in town next week? I could do it Tue-Th. 👍

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I’d be all over that offer But….and I gots a big BUT. LOL. Just ate with the wife and now I have to jump into conference calls until 4pm. ☹️☹️☹️ You in town next week? I could do it Tue-Th. 👍

Sure.
I’ll have my teenage grandson for the week but that’s ok.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Regardless, they probably should get all the priceless artwork and relecks out of the building. Because I wouldn't be surprised if the pink pussy hat wearers burn the building to the ground. The libs are still bitching about Jan 6. But this has enough fuel to 10 times as sideways...

Wayn-o

Reaction score
Seems to me the Libs have lost 2 battles this week while their own team is the majority everywhere in government.
Maybe we have hit the bottom and its time for reality to start to come back to normal.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

530RL

Reaction score
I don't care either way but I do believe this decision will be interesting academically over time from a social, criminal and economic angle.

Abortion will continue to be readily available, safe and cost effective for the wealthy and upper middle class as they can afford to travel to states which permit abortion and/or will work for companies where the health insurance covers the procedure and travel. The poor and inner cities will have drastically less access, especially in states where it is completely banned and the victim is mandated to carry to term in cases of rape, incest and pedophila.

It will be an interesting social experiment with respect to crime rates in states where it is banned as the households of unwanted children, which there will now be significantly more, may be an incubator for a possible rise in social problems and criminal activity in 15 to 25 years, the peak criminal ages. The crime rates a generation from now in banned states versus allowed states will be interesting data. It will also be interesting to track a rise in social safety net expenditures by the federal government and states that disallow abortion when these unwanted children are now dramatically rising in numbers and must be supported in some fashion.

This may finally put the Donohue-Levitt hypothesis to test. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I’d like to point out the absurd sexism and flippant gender disregard being displayed in this thread, and by extension by every single person commenting including the Supreme Court justices right down to the stupidest protester.
NOT ONE MENTION of the rights of a pregnant man??!!
Are we callously just ignoring their plight now??
Insensitive bastards!!
image.png.b89d18fb1eac8317cf03e8cf712936ce.png

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I don't care either way but I do believe this decision will be interesting academically over time from a social, criminal and economic angle.

Abortion will continue to be readily available, safe and cost effective for the wealthy and upper middle class as they can afford to travel to states which permit abortion and/or will work for companies where the health insurance covers the procedure and travel. The poor and inner cities will have drastically less access, especially in states where it is completely banned and the victim is mandated to carry to term in cases of rape, incest and pedophila.

It will be an interesting social experiment with respect to crime rates in states where it is banned as the households of unwanted children, which there will now be significantly more, may be an incubator for a possible rise in social problems and criminal activity in 15 to 25 years, the peak criminal ages. The crime rates a generation from now in banned states versus allowed states will be interesting data. It will also be interesting to track a rise in social safety net expenditures by the federal government and states that disallow abortion when these unwanted children are now dramatically rising in numbers and must be supported in some fashion.

The 501(c)(3) filings have likely already started to create the Abortion Industrial Complex.

Non profits will be set up to transfer women to abortion friendly states and give them all expense paid trips to the clinic and Disneyland. I’m waiting for Newsom to announce he will use taxpayer funds to prop up programs like this.

wallnutz

Reaction score
Presidents definitely have, the office of the president is a political office and it's very common for the President to take political stances with ruling.

However, the Ruling yesterday where the DOJ came out against the SC's NY gun law ruling.... that is a new one to me.

The DOJ is meant to be a neutral force to execute the law, not interpret or make the law. Their job is to prosecute to the extent the law allows, and to the precedents set by appropriate court rulings.

For them to take a political stance against a ruling shows that the agency has run amok of it's reason for existence.
100% right. The DOJ has no place making a political stance. There are a couple more like the FBI that need to be revamped to take the politics out of their ranks.

traquer

Reaction score
I already see women posting things on FB like "oh what about IVF, this will limit that too.."

I'm pretty sure exceptions can be made. It's like allowing murder instead of making an exception for self defense lol

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
Thumbs up to the Freakanomics post, I was thinking about that this morning.

Something different from 50 years that is not being discussed. Lots of birth control options today that had not been previously available and the access is widespread. (yea I said Widespread He he)

I'm not overly religious but I'm struck with concern that we can openly talk about abortion without any regard for proactive options. There seem so many better ways that people could spend their time regarding unwanted pregnancy than fighting over abortion.

I've done some research in the past that I can't recall the actual data, and I'm too lazy to go look it up. But Abortion levels had fallen pretty steady with exception of the black community. It troubles me that we have massive riots, fundraising, and virtue signaling about Black Lives Matter, but the number of Black deaths attributed to abortion dwarfs all other black murders combined. If Black Lives Matter why not curb abortions in the black community?

If you are a progressive who is pissed off, start lobbying right now for more birth control funding. If you are not doing that, you are full of shit and just want to complain.

Cdog

Reaction score
Thumbs up to the Freakanomics post, I was thinking about that this morning.

Something different from 50 years that is not being discussed. Lots of birth control options today that had not been previously available and the access is widespread. (yea I said Widespread He he)

I'm not overly religious but I'm struck with concern that we can openly talk about abortion without any regard for proactive options. There seem so many better ways that people could spend their time regarding unwanted pregnancy than fighting over abortion.

I've done some research in the past that I can't recall the actual data, and I'm too lazy to go look it up. But Abortion levels had fallen pretty steady with exception of the black community. It troubles me that we have massive riots, fundraising, and virtue signaling about Black Lives Matter, but the number of Black deaths attributed to abortion dwarfs all other black murders combined. If Black Lives Matter why not curb abortions in the black community?

If you are a progressive who is pissed off, start lobbying right now for more birth control funding. If you are not doing that, you are full of shit and just want to complain.

In reality I'm pro choice. Abortion eliminates future democrats/communists.

I bask in schadenfreude at their hypocrisy, ailing over their inconvenience to kill themselves.....

USMC2010

Reaction score
Which states does one think will impose a TOTAL ban on abortions?
Serious question.
The last clinic closed in SD a week or two ago. Currently no abortions there. Time will tell if the state legislature takes up any other circumstances.
There may be other states with laws that will take affect as of today as well.

Last edited:

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score

That’s got to be the most bigoted video I have seen in decades. I am absolutely stunned. I mean, sure I joke around about “Anne Dunham should have had an abortion” but actually advocating for eugenics turns my stomach.

You may be a good person, this is the first post you’ve made that really made me sit up and take notice but this KKK, 14/88 propaganda doesn’t fly well with me.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score

Don't worry, the end is near. I thought you were Jesuit?

Homer Simpson end is near.gif

Singleton

Reaction score
I actually read the decision. Very thought out, rational and well written.
Should of never been any federal decision to begin with, always should of stayed at the state level.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
As of today, it’s illegal in Kentucky, Louisiana and South Dakota.. 10 more states soon to follow..

Not exactly true.
Those 3 states say “most” abortions.
I couldn’t find the caveats.

The other 10 States may likely resort to pre Roe law until all the lawsuits and other challenges and concerns are addressed?
It’s gonna be a big mess for a while for sure as States have not had this responsibility in a long time.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Riddle me this Who are all these "protesters" on both sides that have nothing better or more important to do then march around bitching ? anyone ?
Were right here with you buddy. Right here on RDP where we can do it from the comfort of the office. Who needs to work anyway! :)

Joker

Reaction score
Looks like the number will need to be adjusted to at least 18/90.