WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Roller Derby!!

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Girls Roller derby is working hard to return "Back" in Phoenix. I know it is Dumb, but sure not any worse than any of the Pro Sports who appear to not Appreciate the USA and those who pay their SALARIES.:mad:

I would go and have a Fun, Not Serious evening to help Support these USA Loving, Flag Waving Gals Succeed.:)

LuauLounge

Reaction score
We used to go watch RD years ago. A few beers, women beating each other up, rooting for your favorite, what's not to like?

sintax

Reaction score
I was just talking to some friends about this, saying I wanted to go check it out again. I had a few friends out in Long Beach that were involved in some roller derby league, I should see what they’re up to these days. It’s fun to watch

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I know one guy on here would go for sure. LOL

Raquel Welch, Kansas City Bomber 1972 MGM File Reference # 30928 424THA  Stock Photo - Alamy

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I've noticed the UFC chick fighters have improved in appearance.... Dana ain't no dummy

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Believe or don’t who cares?
I’ll take it over racist NBA crusaders and MLB faggots all day long.

The "Piece" I watched on Phoenix news last evening, if it was for "SHOW" Or not. the Gals all had American Flags while skating around the Rink. I feel it will resonate with many, No Matter the reason. An evening of No B.S. Fun, sure can't hurt now days.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Just out of high school we used to go to the Olympic Auditorium and watch the LA T-Birds. Very easy to sit there and say this is so phony etc. But, no fun in that. You had to get with the crowd, shout, yell and boo. Plus frequent trips to the beverage service bar. If you were big enough to see over the counter, you got served beer and lots of it. Fun times. Believe the T-Birds were the only LA team to NEVER lose a home game. Imagine that ?!!Lol. Lots of last minute come from behind victories.

Rayson1971

Reaction score
Friend of mine his wife was doing it in Phoenix and not that long ago. Not pro but it's around.

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
There was a group of young women in a formed up league of some sort skating on an outdoor slab in Bullhead. Not sure if it's still going, and I'm pretty sure they had time off in the hottest summer months.... If you're a big fan check with the rec and parks dept...
Ray

73mandella

Reaction score
KTLA from the Olympic Auditorium this is Dick Lane, WHOA NELLIE !

Damn, I didn’t think there was anyone was alive who watched Roller Derby. My dad watched it religiously. When I met my wife in late 1969, I found out her uncle and aunt were regulars on the Los Angeles team. We unfortunately, we don’t have any pictures.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Reminds me Jim Croce's Roller Derby Queen back in the day. Can't figure how to link a you tube video.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Grew up in skating rink, my uncle ran one. So i use to watch ole Ralphie and the t-birds on channel 13.