WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rolling Black Outs In Parker This Weekend?

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
Got an email from the park that Edison said power outages may happen on the strip this weekend and that we were encouraged to bring a generator.

Havent had this occur before in the last 7 years i've been going to the strip. Anyone else hear of this and or what are the odds it occurs?

My 3k generator is barely enough to keep things rolling along so i am considering even going.

78DiMarco

Reaction score
Got an email from the park that Edison said power outages may happen on the strip this weekend and that we were encouraged to bring a generator.

Havent had this occur before in the last 7 years i've been going to the strip. Anyone else hear of this and or what are the odds it occurs?

My 3k generator is barely enough to keep things rolling along so i am considering even going.
I just got an email from Unisource our power provider here in Kingman and they said that we need to limit power usage today from 3pm to 8pm and most likely tomorrow and it could go further into the week. Could see some black outs.... We had a place in Echo and we got outage alerts all the time there but more of the maintenance type...

grumpy88

Reaction score

What park ?

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
What park ?
Castle Rock Shores. This place is notorious for power problems but we moved down to the beach front side and haven't had any issues since then. But again we never got a generator warning when we were on the other side with shitty electric.

just_floatin

Reaction score
UniSource in LHC sent this email to me today.
1E087CCC-87C5-4554-93CE-6638ECD449E0.jpeg

grumpy88

Reaction score
Castle Rock Shores. This place is notorious for power problems but we moved down to the beach front side and haven't had any issues since then. But again we never got a generator warning when we were on the other side with shitty electric.
Yeah we're at river lodge and they have been telling people that all summer . I'm calling bullshit till I hear it from another park . The 2 biggest shisters on the river !

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score

Castle Rock Shores is Arizona on APS. Edison provides power to California.

mobldj

Reaction score
not to stir the pot but last month friend and his dog died when his ac went out.not because of power shut off.his ac unit went out. yes he had conditions but is still DEAD from the heat.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
I find it very odd that there is a energy shortage when you're right next to a goddamned hydroelectric powerplant/dam! WTF?

The power grid might be too small to handle the load. ??

Wheeler

Reaction score
not to stir the pot but last month friend and his dog died when his ac went out.not because of power shut off.his ac unit went out. yes he had conditions but is still DEAD from the heat.

In this day and age that's horrible! Where did this happen?

pkrrvr619

Reaction score

In our rig we have an wifi smart window unit ac that runs at 86 while we are away to assist with the two roof top units. The neat part about it is you can check the inside temp of the trailer when out on the parker strip when boating. Gives peace of mind when leaving the dogs in the trailer.

Wheeler

Reaction score
In our rig we have an wifi smart window unit ac that runs at 86 while we are away to assist with the two roof top units. The neat part about it is you can check the inside temp of the trailer when out on the parker strip when boating. Gives peace of mind when leaving the dogs in the trailer.

Just got back from the hangar picking up a window shaker and the Honda generator.

mobldj

Reaction score
he was a worker at castle rock.on disability.lived up on the top rows.he was a great guy,and his dog tech was his best buddy.i know tech died lying right next to his master.rip gary and tech...........tech is on the right
gary and tech.jpg

Wheeler

Reaction score
Wheeler, its time to escape to California for awhile.......

I was supposed to be there last month on the 15th but have too much work to finish here.
Holy Moly called me this morning and needs me in Winchester, fuck that! I've got jobs in Newport and Oceanside waiting for me. 😁

Wheeler

Reaction score
he was a worker at castle rock.on disability.lived up on the top rows.he was a great guy,and his dog tech was his best buddy.i know tech died lying right next to his master.rip gary and tech...........tech is on the right View attachment 912764

That's really fucked up! Did no one care enough to check on him and Tech?

mobldj

Reaction score
That's really fucked up! Did no one care enough to check on him and Tech?
he was on tuff times.i took him food water and dog food for tech.a week before i had borrowed a pipe wrench from him and all seemed good.he had gotten his back disability pay .dont know what happened.all he had to do was call me.fucked up deal for sure.he was creamated and spead off the peir 2 weeks ago in oc