Loony Toon

Reaction score
More great #s

Brittany 3.651 ET @ 332.92
Leah 3.673 ET @ 332.92

Track Records both FC & TF

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
Guess the weather/temp is on point there. Supposed to warm up for the weekend though.

rrrr

Reaction score
It was great when Capps finally won the funny car season championship. He is a cool dude, and will take the time to BS if he's not busy.

Back in 2003 and 2004, he raced at the Chili Bowl in Tulsa. He had never raced a midget, and his ride was courtesy of Tony Stewart. He had been turning practice laps at a track in California, and had received coaching from Cory Kruseman.

I ran into him at the Chili Bowl on a Thursday night in 2003 at a hot dog stand, before his heat race. No one had paid attention to his presence, which IIRC hadn't been announced in the media. He chatted with me like he was a Saturday night dirt track racer, not a millionaire NHRA star.

I'm a JFR fan, but I root for Capps unless he's racing in the final against Force. He's a really nice guy.

playdeep

Reaction score
The NHRA Funny car to dirt racing connection runs deep...
Gary Scelzi's 2 sons are absolute stand out Sprint car racers...2 of the best young Sprint car racers in the country.
...they are both gassers.
His youngest Gio won a feature at the legendary Knoxville speedway last year.He was the youngest ever to win a feature at that track.
Cruz Pedregon runs a non wing sprint car.
He's already entered for the 1st annual Turkey Nationals in November at the new Vado Speedway Park in New Mexico.

rrrr

Reaction score
Yep, Gio Scelzi is standing on the gas and making a good showing. It's great to see second generation racers succeed, and in this instance its unusual, because Gio is involved in something totally different from drag racing.

intense

Reaction score
Capps is a bad ass and the nicest guy ever!

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
Not a son, but noteworthy...Doug Kaletta is an ex USAC Midget Champion.. He won that before ever sitting in a drag car, then joined his cousin Scott on the Connie Kaletta Drag team... We all know Scott, Connie's son was killed at Englishtown, one of the main reasons they only race 1000' today...(Englishtown, a notoriously short shutdown track had no room to extend the shutdown, so NHRA said OK we'll shorten the 1/4 mile to 1000'. Then Englishtown closed a few years later, but we're stuck with the1000' pussy track)...
Ray
PS: I have to say it...As a circle boat engine builder for a couple of decades I always said "Anybody can build an engine to last a quarter mile." "We run wide open for 5 miles, 4 times a weekend".... BBC @ 7200-8200 w/ 5/8ths mile straightaways.. and never ran a rev limiter... PS89, 2008 APBA National High Points Champion...And very proud of it!!!
Ray

rrrr

Reaction score
I was really happy for Doug and Connie when Dougie walked away with the Wally. They've been working to win Indy a long time, and Doug's 3 runner up finishes and 22 years of trying for the win must have been wearing on him.

Kalitta goes into the countdown just 20 points, one round win, behind Steve Torrence. The Capco guys are stumbling a bit, and a season championship for Doug and his team would be huge.

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
I was really happy for Doug and Connie when Dougie walked away with the Wally. They've been working to win Indy a long time, and Doug's 3 runner up finishes and 22 years of trying for the win must have been wearing on him.
Kalitta goes into the countdown just 20 points, one round win, behind Steve Torrence. The Capco guys are stumbling a bit, and a season championship for Doug and his team would be huge.
I'd love to see Doug win it all this year... Not for Connie, for DOUG...Connie can enjoy it too..
Ray

rush1

Reaction score
Jeez I remember when Gary Beck hit 250 mph at OCIR I thought that was amazing!

thmterry

Reaction score
Brittany just went the quickest ever 3.623 299mph at the 1/8th mile