WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Roof A/C

BLOWN HOWARD

Reaction score
Need to replace both of the roof A/C units on the travel trailer at the river where would be the best place to purchase? Only need A/C no heat pump. Need two units probably a 15k and a 13.5 unit

yz450mm

Reaction score
I used Amazon to get a third AC for the garage in the toy hauler, came in about a week and works great.
Screenshot_20210701-153332_Amazon%20Shopping.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

azsunfun

Reaction score
I used Amazon to get a third AC for the garage in the toy hauler, came in about a week and works great. View attachment 1020693

i don't have a hauler, old six pac for me, but a question actually for anyone looking to add like you did, how did you do the electrical run, breaker so on ?

Singleton

Reaction score
I had a 3rd AC installed. Had the power run through the roof and then into cabinet and separate 20amp breaker. Outside it is on a separate 30amp power cable to pedestal

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
i don't have a hauler, old six pac for me, but a question actually for anyone looking to add like you did, how did you do the electrical run, breaker so on ?
the way i've seen a lot do it,... most rv parks have both 30 and 50 amp service... you run the third on a seperate 30 amp cord... usually it goes where there is a roof vent.. 14 x14 hole.. if lucky , you can fish the romex through the foam in the cieling,... some older ones have fiber insulation.... then bring the romex down to a breaker box... they make a through wall twist connector that yuo can use a marine type power cord to plug in the ac unit to the power pole.... ou won't always be able to use the 3rd ac unless you pac another gen, or up the size of the one you have.....

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I had a 3rd AC installed. Had the power run through the roof and then into cabinet and separate 20amp breaker. Outside it is on a separate 30amp power cable to pedestal
I was typing this as you posted....

yz450mm

Reaction score
It came pre-wired for the third AC, and with the 50 amp service I have successfully run all three at the same time with no problem.

My last one was not pre-wired, so I used a small 12K BTU portable unit in the garage, ducted through a window.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
three ac's are run about 25-30 amps running, you can put hard starts on them so they don't spike when the compressors kick in...

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I purchased my replacement Coleman A/C’s thru Camping World 2 years ago. At that time prior to Covid they had some pretty good deals. Not sure now but pretty much whatever the best price is with free shipping is what you want. (Paying shipping for these would be expensive!!). Also if I were to do it again I would go with (2) 15K units out at the river. My 13.5K & 15K work their asses off to keep my Toyhauler cool in Havasu. Better yet add a 3rd as others have said!!

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Need to replace both of the roof A/C units on the travel trailer at the river where would be the best place to purchase? Only need A/C no heat pump. Need two units probably a 15k and a 13.5 unit
I'd do both as 15k,.. the new ones use less power and cool better