WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rough day at Glamis, several fatalities

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Reading about a kid killed earlier today off gecko loop and just now a vehicle went into the crowds killing a mom and her two daughters were life flighted out.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
It really is a bad deal. There are a whole group of people that enjoy Glamis like a lot of us enjoy the lake / river even on big weekends. I hate seeing things like this go down.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
I have NOT been to Glamis in over 40 years. There were WAY to many idiots there 40 years ago and there must be 100 times that amount now. Sorry to say to you guys, THEY I don't know who, are going to shut it down.

Last edited:

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
A bunch of my family is up there right now. I don't go with them. My last time was 11 years ago, and it was nuts.

I prefer Randsburg, Jawbone, Rasor Road, etc.

Anyway, prayers for all those involved, and hopefully everyone there stays safe the last couple of days of this weekend.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Red mountain/Spangler on Holidays.
DUMONT dunes is still palatable.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
2000-2008 was the take over of rails with people that had more money than brains. Now it's the take over of sign and drive sand lice (side by sides).

Haven't been to Glamis since 1998 and don't plan on ever going back.

Still hurts to hear people getting hurt and killed though.

wallnutz

Reaction score
Pffft just a couple people at the hill.
FECDF6E9-DEE2-401B-96E7-4AD3F13A2DC4.jpeg
its almost back to the hay days.

77charger

Reaction score
olds doesnt have the crowds it did back in the days.But now theres other locations where people gather at too.But alot of dumb asses park across the top of olds leaving chokepoints to go thru with idiots speeding at the top not being able to see whos coming down or vice versa.

Reactions: TPC

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I used to go all the time, but my desire to go there now days is pretty much zero. Way too many people

NicPaus

Reaction score
My last trip out to Glamis one of the Guys in our crew that I was riding with earlier that day passed. He was waiting for the Crew to get ready which took forever with a huge group. He was putting around by first set of dunes off Gecko with a few while waiting for everyone else. He just bought a new Raptor and always road a dirt bike. He has cut the new motorcycle grips he installed to clear the thumb throttle. I looked over everything possible on quad to figure out what went wrong. He was headed into the sun going up the dune in 4th gear. He had tie wire on grips but they rotated back enough where the thumb throttle could not return as the grips rotated where the throttle was stuck on rubber no longer in line with where he cut it. He was wide open in 4th when he flew off top off the dune. His front end collapsed in on impact snapping front shocks. He passed where he landed. I talked to him a few times but just met him. We had 95 in our crew and I did not here about the accident until dinner where it was announced along with a moment of silence. Crazy how fast things can go wrong out there. I hit a kiddie track wide open years ago. Another trip had a bolt come out my lower a arm and woke up to a chopper hovering over. Seen many fatalities and crashes. Last one hit close and have not been back since.

cakemoto

Reaction score
I have seen it all...going all the time in the early 90.I stoped going for 10 years or so maybe one or 2 trips through the 2000.... went back last year for the first time and I have been 3 times this season.....I have on gone on all off weekends and fell in love with the place again.reminds me of beating a kid again for some reason.... probably never go on a big weekend again but i will continue to go back.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
My last trip out to Glamis one of the Guys in our crew that I was riding with earlier that day passed. He was waiting for the Crew to get ready which took forever with a huge group. He was putting around by first set of dunes off Gecko with a few while waiting for everyone else. He just bought a new Raptor and always road a dirt bike. He has cut the new motorcycle grips he installed to clear the thumb throttle. I looked over everything possible on quad to figure out what went wrong. He was headed into the sun going up the dune in 4th gear. He had tie wire on grips but they rotated back enough where the thumb throttle could not return as the grips rotated where the throttle was stuck on rubber no longer in line with where he cut it. He was wide open in 4th when he flew off top off the dune. His front end collapsed in on impact snapping front shocks. He passed where he landed. I talked to him a few times but just met him. We had 95 in our crew and I did not here about the accident until dinner where it was announced along with a moment of silence. Crazy how fast things can go wrong out there. I hit a kiddie track wide open years ago. Another trip had a bolt come out my lower a arm and woke up to a chopper hovering over. Seen many fatalities and crashes. Last one hit close and have not been back since.
I remember this one, my dad was one of the first people on seen. When we got to him he was already gone (RIP).

KENDOG689

Banned
Reaction score
Been going since 83 an loved it till the two wheel guys showed up and wanted to do a crusty demons fire at night and then the big rails came.Haven't gone in ten years.

Groper

Reaction score
Red mountain/Spangler on Holidays.
DUMONT dunes is still palatable.
2 dead at Dumont
6 dead at Glamis with a 2 more unconfirmed this am.
Sad deal for all involved with a hand full of the people injured at the drags in Mother G.
I read where the first fatality at Dumont this week resulted with a 55yr old male in a single seater RZR rolling with the cage collapsing we'll see how that one plays out im sure.

Last edited:

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
2 dead at Dumont
6 dead at Glamis with a 2 more unconfirmed this am.
Sad deal for all involved with a hand full of the people injured at the drags in Mother G.
I read where the first fatality at Dumont this week resulted with a 55yr old male in a single RZR rolling with the cage collapsing we'll see how that one plays out im sure.

Wow, we sold everything after my wife’s situation and invested in our first havasu home with the proceeds from selling the car, coach and stacker. Best thing we ever did.

4Waters

Reaction score
What's crazy is all the info available on the Dumont accident/accidents but none on the Glamis accident.

Groper

Reaction score
Wow, we sold everything after my wife’s situation and invested in our first havasu home with the proceeds from selling the car, coach and stacker. Best thing we ever did.
Agreed, we stopped going to Mother G about 6 years ago after 25+yrs. Seeing the carnage from the kids getting hit by the train to just arriving at Old's after a teenager was decapitated, drunk fng asshole driving through our camp full of kids to over zellas LEO's at 1am telling me to remove my cones from the rear of my enclosed trailer door so I'd have enough room to open my door to get my car out in the am, picking up a teenager all alone with a compound leg fracture lying in the dunes in shock then taking him back to camp to his pos family that had no idea where is was just to say a few.
Though I really miss MG and I will return soon without the family during the week and definitely NON anything weekends.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
For me it stopped being fun when people started digging holes in between the rows at Comp and Olds just so that they could laugh at people crashing.

NicPaus

Reaction score
For me it stopped being fun when people started digging holes in between the rows at Comp and Olds just so that they could laugh at people crashing.
Friend had the video of us beating the shit out of a few of them. We blocked there row and they started throwing full beers at trucks going by. They were about 30 deep. 2 of the main guys got bored with nobody to fuck with and ventured down our row. 1 dude must of been tweeking cause he got knocked out at least 6 times and came to again. Each truck that passed that recognized him stopped to get there share. Wild West out there back then. Jake used to drive my truck as the DD with a 45 on his lap to keep the crowd away from the ladies in our crew with 12 of us in the bed. Oh the stories we have from G. Part of my old crew out there now but nothing like early 2000s.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Reading about a kid killed earlier today off gecko loop and just now a vehicle went into the crowds killing a mom and her two daughters were life flighted out.

Same shit. Different Thanksgiving...

Sad sad deal. :(

rickym20

Reaction score
We were staying on Gecko near 2.5 and we took a few kids from camp to find some hills to use a sled on. After done we drove back and came across the downed dirt bike rider but was already being helped by a group. Couldn’t tell what happened exactly but knew it wasn’t good by seeing body movements of the people helping. We didn’t want to take kids close by so we kept our distance.
After arriving at camp we could still see the spotters waiting on response teams to show. After seeing the life flight land I thought their would be hope. After a few minutes the heli shut down his rotors at that point the heart felt heavy. Sad moment and feel bad for his family.

Just a few hours later some people from our group went to the drags. They returned soon after with stories of the truck incident. Sad deal all around.

We have been going to Glamis since 1999 and now that our boys are growing up at 9 &10 we have decided to stick to non holiday weekends. It’s not a cure all method cause some have lost their lives on off weekends as well but will decrease the chances of it happening at the hands of someone else.