WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

roundtoit

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Jason, what are you using to cut all the aluminum plates? I'm assuming you have a small bandsaw or something?

RD

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
Jason, what are you using to cut all the aluminum plates? I'm assuming you have a small bandsaw or something?

RD

your gonna laugh at this. yes i have a bandsaw. a really nice one- for cutting pipe. it's the portable handheld deep cut type. only cuts 5" deep. ever thing else gets put in a vice whacked with a sawzall and hand filed half to death. if some thing is really ugly i take my 40 year old craftsman belt sand to it and plane it down with 60 grit using a ruler sharpie and a flash light to get it perfect.thats why it takes so long to make these really basic parts. and alos the reason why they are REALLY basic parts,lol.

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
in other news i've given up on painting this stuff. last night i spent 5 hours taking all the piant off the motor mount assembly and basically anything that was black is now clean aluminum and sitting on the shelf waiting it's turn at Embee powder coating.

boatnam2

Reaction score
were is the update's you run out of XTC or something...

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
new oil pump's in along with pistons/rods
DSCN41221.jpg

oilpan showed up. 14 qt off shore deal w/ scraper,windage,baffles(sp?)etc
DSCN41231.jpg

even came with these cool billet rail deals that help clamp it on evenly
DSCN41241.jpg

another view you can see the imco gen 6 double roller timing cover
DSCN41251.jpg

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
went and picked up the back seat from Ross at Designer Marine Interiors today. the black stuff is new. there's a fresh coat of resin on all the wood in back and that 31.5"long x 2" x 2" notch along the bottom edge is new. it's for clearing the new taller longer stringers.
stokerre-model084.jpg

the little -10 water dump is new here. it's for the blower's intercooler
stokerre-model087.jpg

fuel tank switch and access hole cover are in. need to vacuume ,obviously.
stokerre-model088.jpg

this the motor that was in the boat. it's got the brand new power steering pump and Rex Marine alternator bracket mocked up on there 'cause i needed idea's on plumbing.they'll look really nice in their new home.
stokerre-model085.jpg

Last edited:

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
i picked up my stuff from Embee today. and i gotta tell yuh it was a pleasant experience. they did a very nice job on my stuff. the make yuh feel like yuh own the place even if your just a minimun order guy. no craters around the thread holes no deep or shallow spots. hate to put finger prints on the stuff.this is an unsolicited opinion,too. i doubt they read this...yet:D
stokerre-model092.jpg

here's where the bad ass rex marine oil cooler goes
stokerre-model091.jpg

made a bracket to move the remote filter mount up a hair(2.5")for ease of pluming later on
stokerre-model090.jpg

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
thankyou. here's the beef..lol. should have a blower sitting on there in a day or two.
DSCN41401.jpg

DSCN41391.jpg

R

Retired Member

You can dress that thing in a day, unless you are doing fresh plumbing. I've done it to a Gentry Turbo motor.

Oh, and that teal and pruple combo is soooooo you! :rolleyes:

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
i can't even spell teel. new plumbing for sure...well maybe. i think you'll end up jealous of the whipple though. being that it gets to blow so much.

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
looking good, what kind of Horse power do plan on seeing with this?

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
750-800 ...i hope. i'd settle for 750 with no melted pistons and no oil leaks

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
i'll set the rev limit at 6800. this motor is about torque. torque everywhere. 800+ ft/lbs from 3000 rpm on up...give or take.

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
so what do the numbers calc out at RPM/Gear/Prop (top end guess)

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
well it depends on how much it actually ends upmaking. i'd say solid 100mph. up river,head wind, 120 degrees out, full tanks, four poelple and two icechests.conditions permiting of course.

i don't know..fast enough. :D 120?

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
yep.
stokerre-model097.jpg

yeah, it doesn't look like it's progressing that fast ...and it's not. but stuff IS getting done:Dboat's ready for wire.....

DSCN41461.jpg

Last edited:

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
today was a long day but a great day. started off clearancing the stud girdles to fit under the vale covers. i owe Barry extra for this one. that took hours one little bit at a time.
DSCN41421.jpg

then came the intercooler. i wish we woulda got a pic of that. it had an entire Marineland exibit that got flushed out the there. sand all over the place. i was kinda glad i didn't get kicked out of the driveway with the mess that thing made. at last the stuff blowing out of it subsided to a trickle and then stoped coming out. i might see a sea strainer in my future,lol. and my favorite part occured here after a good reading presure test and install of the intercooler. the blower is back!
DSCN41431.jpg

the NA motor was fun but there's nothing like having all that instant troque when you want it.

Barry: We actually spread that over two days. Kind of funny because I mentioned that I was not looking forward to removing and installing that stud girdle 8 times to get it right, and it ended up taking a few more than that I bet.
Kind of too bad we didn't shoot a photo. We rigged some fittings and regulated the line pressure down to 25 lbs and connected the leak down tester to the intercooler to make sure it was not leaking.

Last edited:

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
yep.
DSCN41441.jpg

had to run to the store for some grade 8 hardware and some burgers. that's me watchin' and learnin' ...with that shit eating grin:D

After Barry went over the carb and cleaned things up a bit it recieved seal of aproval. on top of the motor it went. still gotta do a few thing to the carb before we run it.. gonna leave it off untill the motor is installed in the boat . also the distributer and all the accesories on the front of the motor won't be installed untill after it's in and getting plumbed. its a tight fit.
i am extremly stoked at this point.. 9:30 pm and ready to go in the boat.
DSCN41471.jpg

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
Today good things happend. got the motor in the boat with good success. went right in. kind of a mile stone. the wiring is turning out bitchen. Danny at DCM has really taken his time to make sure i won't have any issue's. couldn't asl for a nicer job. forgot to snap a pic under the dash but that'll come soon. still have a few odds and ends but just wanted the boat back for the most part. justa few clamps to add. if we were going to use wood screws the clamps would all be in already, but you know how i am about those stupid things at this point.Danny has wired his way around where the motor goes so now that it's in i hafta put stuff in to attach wires to.

stokerre-model110.jpg

that bundle of wires all the way back there is going to be in the cannon plug. the little bundle toward the front that is barely visable is for the hatch ram and the msd's direct battery connection.don't screw around with msd stuff(no just going to the starter).

stokerre-model109.jpg

now you can see why i painted the motors front mounts blue instead of black like the bracket below. things kinda blend. if i get bored over the long weekend i may pull out that old news paper and wetsand the floors. then cover them back up for now.

stokerre-model111.jpg

here we're going to add a clamp under the nut thats on the lower hydralic ram bolt. straight up from where the stringer hits the transom

stokerre-model112.jpg

got lotsa polishin' to do.

stokerre-model113.jpg

wont quite stick up so gnarly with the hatch on.looooong way to go before adding hatch. happy for now. -Jas

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
Very Nice! I was looking at your other thread this morning, it all looks great!

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
close. didn't wanna spring for green and orange zip ties, though.

gigamurph

Reaction score
That's tits! :beer
um, actually it's "Those tits"!.....and no, that's not. These are though.....
tnin-bed-with-faith-boobs-4.jpg

:thumbsup

Seriously though; that's lookin' good Jason.:thumbsup

RadMan

Throbbing Member
Reaction score
That's looking great.
Gotta love clean and organized.

mrs. bordsmnj

StokerWhore's Ol' Lady
Reaction score
I have to admit, it put a huge smile on my face to get home from work and get blinded by the giant shiney motor in the driveway! :thumbsup:thumbsup

:drool

76ANTHONY

Reaction score
:eek: wow, you definitly put in work. that set-up looks awesome...love the detailed description of how you cut the parts:D