TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Keep the pics coming :beer

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
thanks y'all. i mean that. we do what we can with what we got:D

so, mean while back at the ranch i'm slowly plowing through the learning curve. had a rather fustrating morning. but, i learned a few things along the way.here's what i learned:
1)it's damned hard to find just the right alternator pully on short notice. even harder to find a nice one on the shelf somewhere. driving around is futile.
2) don't by the damned belts untill everything is on the motor and straight and lined up nice.
3) neighbors with access to full blown machine shops at work can save your ass. even if the unwittingly just stopped by to say hi .my neighbor,Bill, is taking my pulley to work tomorrow and milling down the back of my billet alternator pully to where it sits tight up against the little fan on the front of the alternator.he'll drop it in the mailbox if i'm not home. so now i'm not pissed that he pulls in the clutch on his harley and revs the motor every time he passes my house. i used to think it was cool. i asked him and he addmitted that he doesn't even realize he does it anymore. force of habit.,lol.
4)things can turn around even after a long shitty day of no results. i have a new attitude after being rained on and forced to cover the boat and give up on it when the thunder started and i realized the rain wasn't just gonna go away. the rain soaked the news paper that i had taped to the floor so tonight when i started working on the boat again i decided to put down fresh news paper. when i pulled the old paper i was shocked at how nice the back of that boat looked. not bragging, just sayin'. so now i'm all happy again. tomorrows another day. even if every damned belt i bought has to be changed to the nextr size smaller to be just perfect....and we'll add Bill to that hundred person list of poeple to thank when this is over and DONE.
stokerre-model114.jpg

stokerre-model117.jpg

stokerre-model116.jpg

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
ok. thanks for the support y'all.
stokerre-model116.jpg

yuh know there's a rediculously long thread on this down in "custom's "zone,lol. -jas

76ANTHONY

Reaction score
DAM CLEAN WORK, BEEN FOLLOWING THE PROGRESS, DUDE YOU PUT IN WORK:D awesome job....:D

Baja Big Dog

Banned
Reaction score
Well, it looks OK, but the purple tape clashes with the blue motor!!:D:D

NICE!!:beer

Baja Big Dog

Banned
Reaction score
Dude...well just dude!!!!!

And you did it your self..cant say enough about that!!!!:D:D

I consider myself a wiring whore, and I'm impressed...:thumbsup

boatnam2

Reaction score
Better get your ass in gear, labor day weekend is just around the corner...Do WORK!:D

boatnam2

Reaction score
When in thew fuck are you going to getbackaroundtoit?

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
i'll snap more pics tomorrow. i've been working on this thing every day. unless work comes up here i'm going up north for two weeks monday night. so hopefully i'll have results before then. -jas

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
well,i've been busy. Danny finished up wiring for the most part. still i little here and there left off untill the plumbing is done. and the plumbing. geez that takes time to do right. Big thanks to Dave at Sweet Performance. had a blast at my two shopping sprees over there. the stuff you see here is by no means finished product but its all here except for fuel lines which are in my truck.got to secure evrything in place still and trim all the blue hose to fit. i went cheap on some of the water lines till i know my set up is dialed. then i'll get the nice stuff.once again i grossly underestimated the amount of time it takes to do right, but it's worth it,big time.well anyway here's the pics:

the oil cooler zone
stokerre-model129.jpg

lots of stuff(i'm beat)
stokerre-model130.jpg

oil lines. the blue one is the dump from intercooler to transom
stokerre-model131.jpg

hydrolic steering lines and some nice wire to the starter
stokerre-model133.jpg

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
i'm finally a few zip ties away from being done with the plumbing. been gone for a week. only a few moree electrical connections to make.i'll photos of the other side of the motor tomorrow. hoping to fire it up before to long. wish me luck
stokerre-model134.jpg

stokerre-model136.jpg

stokerre-model137.jpg

mrs. bordsmnj

StokerWhore's Ol' Lady
Reaction score
Our neighbors may not be so fond of us. ;) It fired right up! I forgot how much I miss that sound.

:D

boatnam2

Reaction score
I just talked to J, are you off on monday? He is thinking Father's day sunday on the lake is prolly not the best day for test-n-tune.

Yes i'am, may head to palm springs not sure yet.If he goes tell him to call me.

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
TOOK IT TO THE LAKE TODAY:D
over all runs good i guess but we're still WAY fat on the jetting. our initial set up was rediculously fat but in the interest of not going lean we stepped it down slowly.we did get around to ditching the big pulley for the little one. haven't got into smashing the throttle yet to see what the max boost is but 5 psi by rolling in to it is no prob. at one point with 4000 rpm we saw 80 mph(for the most part that is low 70's) just the right trim with jsut the right everything.at one point running into the wind i got 60 mph outa 3000rpm. ran out of gas and daylight before we were done testing but so far i'm just friggin stoked! i took the camara but the battery was dead. -Jas

TAF

Reaction score
TOOK IT TO THE LAKE TODAY:D
over all runs good i guess but we're still WAY fat on the jetting. our initial set up was rediculously fat but in the interest of not going lean we stepped it down slowly.we did get around to ditching the big pulley for the little one. haven't got into smashing the throttle yet to see what the max boost is but 5 psi by rolling in to it is no prob. at one point with 4000 rpm we saw 80 mph(for the most part that is low 70's) just the right trim with jsut the right everything.at one point running into the wind i got 60 mph outa 3000rpm. ran out of gas and daylight before we were done testing but so far i'm just friggin stoked! i took the camara but the battery was dead. -Jas

When's yer next Parker trip? Can't wait to see the beast.

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
it's the blue one in this video from this weekend. i'll get some finished pics here tomorrow.
[video=youtube;mYfg_liJLUg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYfg_liJLUg[/video]

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
[video=youtube;2MweFvJTeGs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MweFvJTeGs[/video]
here's a non-music clip.haven't spent much time with the boat this week.