WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RPM Act and the future of motorsports... EPA strikes again!!!

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
This couldn't have happened to a better bunch of people who are positive, support others, and the industry. *ANY* change to any vehicle results in a fine. This basically means you cannot modify your car in any way shape or form and businesses like these that sell or install these products are getting hit with BIG fines...

Its only a matter of time before this hits the marine industry. Companies that build and sell performance products *WILL* be put under just like these guys and bullied with massive fines.

Dettom

Reaction score
If they “could have” given them a fine of 180,000 but “only” gave them an $18,000 fine, that just proves the EPA, which I’ve always thought were scum, only cares about being able to push businesses around and squeeze them. They don’t want to put them out of business because they want to come back later and get a second bite of the apple. It’s like paying the mob. Fkn dirtbags.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
So its not law, yet, the new legislature is being proposed, hence the companion bill to counteract it is being drafted.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
I'm not at all surprised he's getting hassled selling piggybacks, and neither should he.

Wait till the IRS reclassifies his contract labor pool and he sees a retroactive bill for that.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
The green communist have taken control. Internal combustion will be outlawed within 25 years … and then private transportation is next. When a society has to get permission to move about.... the communists will will have total control. Yes, it is happening right in front of our eyes

Orangegazm

Reaction score
I signed it and wrote my local congressmen and Senators and expressed my thoughts, I'm from California.... yeah I know. Fienstein wrote back and she's all about saving the plantet, same with Padilla. To my surprise Josh Harder was all for hot rod cars and said it was a tradition in valley and lives for Graffiti weekend.

Let your voices be heard, If the RPM act fails... we are screwed !!! It would outlaw most race cars, even if they are never driven on the street. A race car would basically be a fiberglass body and a full chassis car that never had a mass produced VIN tag. My understanding is that even a 69 Camaro that didn't have smog still could not be modified in any way. We must fight... boats will be next !!!!

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
So its not law, yet, the new legislature is being proposed, hence the companion bill to counteract it is being drafted.

It is law. It is a new interpretation of existing verbiage in current emission compliance regulation.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
My understanding is that even a 69 Camaro that didn't have smog still could not be modified in any way.

If you live in California and try to order headers from Summit racing for a '69 Camaro you'll have to go through this page.

Untitled.png

Last edited:

azsunfun

Reaction score
tree huggers can try to exist without oil in there lives, hypocryts have no clue that 90% of there lives consist of what they fight against, boats and planes are a different breed of financial gain for wayward, clueless, more battery dependent(OIL). we pay premiem prices for premium fuel, and pay pay premium taxes, as long as there is combustion engines there will be non compliers, you cant buy a donut without a cancer warning in california, ship your crap to amazon pickup across state lines, government shipping illegal s shipments to california all the time!

76sanger

Reaction score
I have already written my governor and state legislature as well have sent out the same letter to six states stating that I do not back any of this decision. So that being said any one of us that likes {ANY KIND OF MOTORSPORT} had better spread this like wildfire and let it be known to not pass. I reached into my wallet and gave SEMA 500 dollars to help with lawyers. You also can go to the SEMA website and the RPM act and sign the petition. You should do it now!!!
Again this will cripple {ALL MOTORSPORTS} quickly if it does pass.
Quit being a keyboard doubter and do something that might take ten minutes of your day!
DO IT PLEASE FOR ALL MOTORSPORTS EVENTUALLY.

RichL

Reaction score
I have already written my governor and state legislature as well have sent out the same letter to six states stating that I do not back any of this decision. So that being said any one of us that likes {ANY KIND OF MOTORSPORT} had better spread this like wildfire and let it be known to not pass. I reached into my wallet and gave SEMA 500 dollars to help with lawyers. You also can go to the SEMA website and the RPM act and sign the petition. You should do it now!!!
Again this will cripple {ALL MOTORSPORTS} quickly if it does pass.
Quit being a keyboard doubter and do something that might take ten minutes of your day!
DO IT PLEASE FOR ALL MOTORSPORTS EVENTUALLY.
Did this about a week or 10 days ago after receiving the email.

Taboma

Reaction score
Do any of you suppose that all these tuner types (As one example) using YouTube (As one example) to reach millions and for some extra $$ to boot, broadcasting videos of performing questionably illegal vehicle modifications are bringing heat upon themselves and the industry and you and I, as a whole ?

I have no idea who that video Tuner Shop is of that started this thread, but I didn't see what appeared to be a single " Race only " car in that video. I saw modified street cars, an entire backdrop of them in fact.

Hell, I started pulling smog pumps off my 67' El Camino, so yes siree, cars in the late 60's certainly had smog devices so I'm no virgin in this mod-the smog-shit game.
Finally as recently as two years ago, I paid $$$ to essentially de-tune my garage queen Camaro and bring it into compliance, broke my heart, but I'm just tired of running the bi-annual smog cert gauntlet.
Car still runs amazing and although I suffer some withdrawals missing some blower whine due to the EO Legal larger pulley, but I'll survive and bi-annually, life is easier.

But you can't tell me the very people who write and vote on these regulations aren't watching these guys on these videos and screaming " This blatant disregard for our pollution laws must stop ".

You're not fooling anybody with using the term " Race Car ", the officials writing and passing these bills know damn well these parts are being used illegally on street cars from coast to coast.

How do they know this ?
Because of hundreds of these Youtube videos, Social Media, the car owners bragging on River Dave's and various others manufactures auto and truck forums, hell, the SEMA show itself, we're waving our guilt right in their faces.

I enjoy reading the mod-threads here on RDP, I don't mean the ridiculous lift, level and mud tire ones 😖 ;), but the engine performance mods for sure. But I cringe while reading them, because I know many of those mods aren't even close to legal and I know I'm not the only one reading these posts.

Do we think they're blind and stupid ? Are we so naïve we think they're not watching ? Do we think they're so stupid, that they don't realize that an industry doing millions upon millions in revenue per year, that all these parts are going on track duty only " Race Cars " ?

What's the easiest way for them to stop it --- They cut it's head right off at the source.

TimeBandit

Reaction score
This thread is about "race" cars, or mods done to a car to modify it's original configuration that was emissions legal.

What about the fact California made diesel trucks that were purchased legally and NEVER modified illegal? I can't count the number of medium duty truck ads I have read that say "can't be registered in California". They made legally purchased and non-modified trucks illegal, do you think they have a problem coming after the modified ones?

Most of us here had a good time with all things internal combustion..

So just like the closing of Pismo, those good times are coming to an end.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Do any of you suppose that all these tuner types (As one example) using YouTube (As one example) to reach millions and for some extra $$ to boot, broadcasting videos of performing questionably illegal vehicle modifications are bringing heat upon themselves and the industry and you and I, as a whole ?

I have no idea who that video Tuner Shop is of that started this thread, but I didn't see what appeared to be a single " Race only " car in that video. I saw modified street cars, an entire backdrop of them in fact.

Hell, I started pulling smog pumps off my 67' El Camino, so yes siree, cars in the late 60's certainly had smog devices so I'm no virgin in this mod-the smog-shit game.
Finally as recently as two years ago, I paid $$$ to essentially de-tune my garage queen Camaro and bring it into compliance, broke my heart, but I'm just tired of running the bi-annual smog cert gauntlet.
Car still runs amazing and although I suffer some withdrawals missing some blower whine due to the EO Legal larger pulley, but I'll survive and bi-annually, life is easier.

But you can't tell me the very people who write and vote on these regulations aren't watching these guys on these videos and screaming " This blatant disregard for our pollution laws must stop ".

You're not fooling anybody with using the term " Race Car ", the officials writing and passing these bills know damn well these parts are being used illegally on street cars from coast to coast.

How do they know this ?
Because of hundreds of these Youtube videos, Social Media, the car owners bragging on River Dave's and various others manufactures auto and truck forums, hell, the SEMA show itself, we're waving our guilt right in their faces.

I enjoy reading the mod-threads here on RDP, I don't mean the ridiculous lift, level and mud tire ones 😖 ;), but the engine performance mods for sure. But I cringe while reading them, because I know many of those mods aren't even close to legal and I know I'm not the only one reading these posts.

Do we think they're blind and stupid ? Are we so naïve we think they're not watching ? Do we think they're so stupid, that they don't realize that an industry doing millions upon millions in revenue per year, that all these parts are going on track duty only " Race Cars " ?

What's the easiest way for them to stop it --- They cut it's head right off at the source.

I agree with you, but every state has smog regulations for street cars. Leave it at that and move on. Saying you can’t modify anything ever, even if it won’t be used on a public road is completely stupid.

So what, the EPA is gonna hang out at Willow Springs and write me a federal citation and fine me for using a modified car on private property off public highways? Yea, they can fuck right off.

Taboma

Reaction score
This thread is about "race" cars, or mods done to a car to modify it's original configuration that was emissions legal.

What about the fact California made diesel trucks that were purchased legally and NEVER modified illegal? I can't count the number of medium duty truck ads I have read that say "can't be registered in California". They made legally purchased and non-modified trucks illegal, do you think they have a problem coming after the modified ones?

Most of us here had a good time with all things internal combustion..

So just like the closing of Pismo, those good times are coming to an end.

I'm afraid you might finally be correct. I use the word " Finally " with no disrespect to you, but many of us are old enough to recall feeling similarly for the past 50 or more years. By the 80's, we were all crying that it was game over, when 180 HP became designated as being high performance. Yet somehow the industry persevered, thanks to amazing technology that everybody claimed wouldn't be possible and now we're buying STOCK 700 + HP cars. Problem is, we're not wired like that, if they give us 700 +, we want another 100.

You're right, they're coming, they're not fooled, they know an industry so large isn't all about race cars. In the mid 70's I recall running into these random Smog Checkpoints set up on side streets where the boys in overalls would look under your hood and stick a sniffer up your ass 😖 Driving work truck I didn't care, driving my personal car I had to be wary.

Taboma

Reaction score
I agree with you, but every state has smog regulations for street cars. Leave it at that and move on. Saying you can’t modify anything ever, even if it won’t be used on a public road is completely stupid.

So what, the EPA is gonna hang out at Willow Springs and write me a federal citation and fine me for using a modified car on private property off public highways? Yea, they can fuck right off.

Of course I agree with you, but I honestly think the inclusion of cars modified for racing is more collateral damage, rather than the true target, because when the head gets cut off the snake, the whole thing dies. They know as long as these parts are available for race cars, they will be maliciously used on street cars.
Yes every state has smog regs, but the circle is drawing tighter. Soon, all those parts we read " Not Approved for California" will soon read " Off Highway Only ", then simply be gone.

All the regulations in the world are apparently not stemming the tide of illegal street car modifications, it's obvious to anybody with an internet connection. So the powers to be agree, cutting with a scalpel is not working, so out comes the chain saw.
Want to solve the problem for real, dismember the entire industry. 😢

They don't give a fuck, THEY are on a mission to save mankind by saving the planet.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Of course I agree with you, but I honestly think the inclusion of cars modified for racing is more collateral damage, rather than the true target, because when the head gets cut off the snake, the whole thing dies. They know as long as these parts are available for race cars, they will be maliciously used on street cars.
Yes every state has smog regs, but the circle is drawing tighter. Soon, all those parts we read " Not Approved for California" will soon read " Off Highway Only ", then simply be gone.

All the regulations in the world are apparently not stemming the tide of illegal street car modifications, it's obvious to anybody with an internet connection. So the powers to be agree, cutting with a scalpel is not working, so out comes the chain saw.
Want to solve the problem for real, dismember the entire industry. 😢

They don't give a fuck, THEY are on a mission to save mankind by saving the planet.

The aftermarket auto industry will work around any regulations, just like the gun industry does. It’s going to screw the people that don’t do stuff themselves though.

Think buying a “manifold” that needs the mounting holes drilled to bolt on a throttle body, or buying a calculator that needs a software patch done by the user to be a fuel computer :)

Taboma

Reaction score
The aftermarket auto industry will work around any regulations, just like the gun industry does. It’s going to screw the people that don’t do stuff themselves though.

Think buying a “manifold” that needs the mounting holes drilled to bolt on a throttle body, or buying a calculator that needs a software patch done by the user to be a fuel computer :)

Oh Geezus, car shows will be held in "Speakeasies" and similar establishments and Performance Mod sections in forums and RDP will be members only. 🤫

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Oh Geezus, car shows will be held in "Speakeasies" and similar establishments and Performance Mod sections in forums and RDP will be members only. 🤫

Or they just don’t start em at the car show.
If it doesn’t run it’s just a display piece, right?

Lord M((Squared))

Reaction score
I'm afraid you might finally be correct. I use the word " Finally " with no disrespect to you, but many of us are old enough to recall feeling similarly for the past 50 or more years. By the 80's, we were all crying that it was game over, when 180 HP became designated as being high performance. Yet somehow the industry persevered, thanks to amazing technology that everybody claimed wouldn't be possible and now we're buying STOCK 700 + HP cars. Problem is, we're not wired like that, if they give us 700 +, we want another 100.

You're right, they're coming, they're not fooled, they know an industry so large isn't all about race cars. In the mid 70's I recall running into these random Smog Checkpoints set up on side streets where the boys in overalls would look under your hood and stick a sniffer up your ass 😖 Driving work truck I didn't care, driving my personal car I had to be wary.
Two Words....Ronald Regan! He lit the fuse that allowed the industry growth that followed,a time with much less government interference. Now though the radicals have stolen power and are going to begin a rapid amount of radical sweeping changes because I think they realize their house of cards could be crumbling. This lab leak and covid...CONvid situation has circled back on them like a pimps backhand. I think this could be the tip of the iceberg with these wingnutz. Scary times when you look at our debt exploding devaluing the dollar daily and trillions more on the table...just scary. Good news is that if every armed citizen in this country were to stand together and take up arms you'd have the largest standing army the world would have ever seen so China having stepped on their own di@k already with convid lab leak....well they could cause that very nightmare of and armed force beating their a$$ and all their helpers to come true for them. The exact reason the CCP has been paying off our elected officials from the local to national levels. Influence is power. We are in uncharted waters and the very foundations and freedoms this nation was founded upon are being systematically dismantled. I was born in 74 and remember the 80's Regan boom and remember the NAFTA Bill which the damage that left is all across this nation of empty factories. This isn't the country I was born into and it's sad but very Scary!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

The “good” news is that you and I won’t be subject to itt to for very long! Lol

This thread motivated me though.
Im pulling the loader out of my jet intake so I can reach up in there and pull the rocks out of my impeller!
No wind today, if I can get it cleared out without pulling the jet apart (again) I can hit the lake and do my part to destroy the ozone.

77323E47-D8D4-4478-9659-894396317672.jpeg

Taboma

Reaction score
The “good” news is that you and I won’t be subject to itt to for very long! Lol

This thread motivated me though.
Im pulling the loader out of my jet intake so I can reach up in there and pull the rocks out of my impeller!
No wind today, if I can get it cleared out without pulling the jet apart (again) I can hit the lake and do my part to destroy the ozone.

View attachment 1012400

I almost typed this -- then thought, now, now, you're being negative 🥴

" The “good” news is that you and I won’t be subject to itt to for very long! Lol "

It's TRUE, and I find myself saying it far more frequent than I can ever recall my father saying it.

Sure, the Beatles got him a bit stirred up, as a sure sign the end times were close, but then so had Elvis and he'd survived the " Pelvic Thrusts" seen live on TV.
But other than joking about no longer giving to much concern to how long an item's warranty was good for, and how certain items he purchased would probably be the last one he'd ever need, he didn't seem to be in any hurry to check out because of being surrounded by a grim future reality.
Of course, that generation was truly tough, I mean the real fucking deal. They'd been through some really bad shit and tough times and emerged victorious.
I'm trying to be more positive for my kids, because I've had to remind myself, I really didn't like it when dad joked about his check-out time approaching. I laughed, because he laughed, but inside, it hurt. And now, here I am making similar wise cracks with my kids.
Moral is, I'm not looking where I should be, I should be enjoying every moment I have left, life is short and shorter for some of us.

So yeah, get the rocks out ole man, and go boating 👍 👍 👍

Beats mowing the lawn, that's my R&R for this morning. 😁

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I almost typed this -- then thought, now, now, you're being negative 🥴

" The “good” news is that you and I won’t be subject to itt to for very long! Lol "

It's TRUE, and I find myself saying it far more frequent than I can ever recall my father saying it.

Sure, the Beatles got him a bit stirred up, as a sure sign the end times were close, but then so had Elvis and he'd survived the " Pelvic Thrusts" seen live on TV.
But other than joking about no longer giving to much concern to how long an item's warranty was good for, and how certain items he purchased would probably be the last one he'd ever need, he didn't seem to be in any hurry to check out because of being surrounded by a grim future reality.
Of course, that generation was truly tough, I mean the real fucking deal. They'd been through some really bad shit and tough times and emerged victorious.
I'm trying to be more positive for my kids, because I've had to remind myself, I really didn't like it when dad joked about his check-out time approaching. I laughed, because he laughed, but inside, it hurt. And now, here I am making similar wise cracks with my kids.
Moral is, I'm not looking where I should be, I should be enjoying every moment I have left, life is short and shorter for some of us.

So yeah, get the rocks out ole man, and go boating 👍 👍 👍

Beats mowing the lawn, that's my R&R for this morning. 😁

I think this is the only one.
F741D141-33F2-491D-AEC4-1F9614870B99.jpeg

azsunfun

Reaction score
If it’s not law then how are they being fined?
same as fining folks with no masks and shedding restraunts, there are no laws, they are regulations by government sanctioned organizations, madd comes to mind, why would they be on court papers where you pay fines to them! out of hand !!!!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Damn, that's a sizeable stone you pulled off the bottom 😱

Yeah
It’ll suck em up from several feet just idling.
Its done it twice now. But the first time I dredged the bottom at the turtle.
I put a loader in it years ago so there is no grate.
Was never a problem until here! Lol
Last time I had to tear it down and had 3 like that one jammed into the vanes.

76sanger

Reaction score

How do they know this ?

Don't you think that if we live in the land of the free that it should not matter what anyone does to there cars, boats, trucks, motorcycles, ect, ect, ect.... This is a grab to stifle freedom and once again to CONTROL in the name a global "bullshit" whatever you want to call it.
I like it all when it comes to motorsports, there is some customizations that I would not do, but to have the freedom to do it is what matters!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Yeah
It’ll suck em up from several feet just idling.
Its done it twice now. But the first time I dredged the bottom at the turtle.
I put a loader in it years ago so there is no grate.
Was never a problem until here! Lol
Last time I had to tear it down and had 3 like that one jammed into the vanes.

36EBD422-376A-4730-B75B-668FCB82CA45.jpeg
40B48CC8-0609-4FB0-AFEE-2DF59955376E.jpeg
A6A16278-926E-49EC-96C9-E305050ED93A.jpeg
8E55CDDC-E500-4812-ABB4-AEEF81905CC1.jpeg

Taboma

Reaction score
Don't you think that if we live in the land of the free that it should not matter what anyone does to there cars, boats, trucks, motorcycles, ect, ect, ect.... This is a grab to stifle freedom and once again to CONTROL in the name a global "bullshit" whatever you want to call it.
I like it all when it comes to motorsports, there is some customizations that I would not do, but to have the freedom to do it is what matters!

So you don't believe there's a " Thing " we refer to as Air Pollution ? How about water pollution ? How about ground and ground water pollution ? You can't be serious.

Taboma

Reaction score

Holy shit, those are boulders. Can't believe you didn't destroy your impellor. I let one of my daughters friends ride my PWC many years ago. Had just put a new Skat-Trak impellor on it. Told them all, stay well off the beach, shut it off, coast in, don't start it until you're in deep water --- Blah Blah, in one ear out the other. Within 5 seconds she fires it up in barely ankle deep water and I hear it chinging rocks ---- That was the end of her ride and cost me a re-work.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Holy shit, those are boulders. Can't believe you didn't destroy your impellor. I let one of my daughters friends ride my PWC many years ago. Had just put a new Skat-Trak impellor on it. Told them all, stay well off the beach, shut it off, coast in, don't start it until you're in deep water --- Blah Blah, in one ear out the other. Within 5 seconds she fires it up in barely ankle deep water and I hear it chinging rocks ---- That was the end of her ride and cost me a re-work.

That’s why they make stainless!!
Lol
After destroying 2 high dollar detailed aluminums just from cavitation I got that stainless A and never looked back. It’s gotta be well over 10 years old?
Sticks I’ll just rev it up and grind em away.
rocks will usually fallout if I just play with it a little.
That latest one actually fell out on the trailer. I sucked it up literally idling to the jet ramp at Windsor. Came in too straight from the River (North) Instead of staying deep.
When there’s no water in the jet there isn’t any flow to hold or wedge them in the vanes unless you’ve stood on it and jammed them.
Otherwise they come back out the way they went in.

76sanger

Reaction score
So you don't believe there's a " Thing " we refer to as Air Pollution ? How about water pollution ? How about ground and ground water pollution ? You can't be serious.
Are you serious? We are one of the cleanest countries in the world when it comes to the EPA. Maybe look at China, the middle east and the Indonesian countries first before they come and try to crush the people of the USA that has spent billions upon billions of dollars to upgrade corporations to make the EPA standards. Don't get me wrong, I'm a very glad that they have done that. But instead of always coming for the American people and how dirty we are supposedly. how about look towards these other countries that are still working with damn near third world EPA standards and don't give a f@#K.

Taboma

Reaction score
Are you serious? We are one of the cleanest countries in the world when it comes to the EPA. Maybe look at China, the middle east and the Indonesian countries first before they come and try to crush the people of the USA that has spent billions upon billions of dollars to upgrade corporations to make the EPA standards. Don't get me wrong, I'm a very glad that they have done that. But instead of always coming for the American people and how dirty we are supposedly. how about look towards these other countries that are still working with damn near third world EPA standards and don't give a f@#K.

Ya know, I don't live in China, I'm not talking some "Save the Earth" competition here. I'm talking about being able to see across the street, or when the skies used to be brown and ugly for weeks at a time. I'm talking rivers polluted and dead fish, ground water pollution of our wells because Chatam Brothers were dumping drumws full of carcinogenic chemicals on their property . That property is a Super Site today and all the area wells are capped off. The plume is slowly making it to a local lake used for drinking water and recreational fishing.
What planet do you come from where you don't realize that rules aren't just a means of controlling the populace, that they're for controlling all the fucking idiots that apparently you feel shouldn't have their lunacy infringed upon ?

I'm not in love with any EPAs, I realize they've become a run-away train, but you can't just allow humankind to do whatever the fuck they want. How about those who just leave their kids shitty diapers all over the beach, and trash strewn about, is that OK to ??

I'm done with you, go down to P&G and maybe you can gain a following.

kiethco

Reaction score
the future of everything with an engine is in jeopardy i feel. the way i see things headed its going to get to a point that it would be illegal to change your wheels and tire sizes from factory.

It already is. Try to get Costco to install a different size tire than listed as oem. Lawyers say no-no.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Brent is a friend of mine and what these idiots are doing to him is ridiculous. The guy is one of the nicest and most positive people I’ve ever met. Would give the shirt off his back kind of guy. Even though he has a huge social media (YouTube) following he’s a simple small business and in no way a baller. The fact they went after him instead of a huge outfit just sucks. He’s a hot rodder in the purest sense and could tune a potato into the 8’s if you wanted him to. He’s as patriotic as they come to boot, just a great person.
As a friend and someone who makes part of his living in the performance boat/offroad world, I’m proud to see Brent take a stand. Hopefully more will follow suit.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Brent is a friend of mine and what these idiots are doing to him is ridiculous. The guy is one of the nicest and most positive people I’ve ever met. Would give the shirt off his back kind of guy. Even though he has a huge social media (YouTube) following he’s a simple small business and in no way a baller. The fact they went after him instead of a huge outfit just sucks. He’s a hot rodder in the purest sense and could tune a potato into the 8’s if you wanted him to. He’s as patriotic as they come to boot, just a great person.
As a friend and someone who makes part of his living in the performance boat/offroad world, I’m proud to see Brent take a stand. Hopefully more will follow suit.

They are doing it to him because its him and he's on YouTube unfortunately.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
No surprise they went after the little guy. Less resources than a big firm making it harder to fight back. It just bullying

If the COVID taught us one thing is that the .gov could care less about putting small business out of business.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
No surprise they went after the little guy. Less resources than a big firm making it harder to fight back. It just bullying

If the COVID taught us one thing is that the .gov could care less about putting small business out of business.

Exactly.

And now they have a legal precedent, so the companies that can afford big lawfirms will (they hope) capitulate rather than fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score

I think its because it gives them a big ol chubby when they report to their higher-ups of what they "accomplished." I'm pretty sure the report said something along the lines "we recently shut down a shop that was creating illegal street racing vehicles that cause deaths and accidents". Just wait until that shifts to "we shut down shops producing loud unsafe performance boats..." It WILL be coming. And for those jumping on the "well they were broadcasting it on youtube what did they expect?" Theres quite a few boat shops that make youtube videos and live streams, along with showcases here on RDP. They'll be first on the chopping block when that day comes too.

Last edited:

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
This is so right.

I deal with the feds all the time. For some in the .gov this is exactly the way they think. Everything done in the name of safety and justice. Consequences be damned.

No thought about collateral damage to those that either make a living or are employed by the firms they put out of business

They could care less that most small business is a mom and pop operation more than likely just trying to hustle and scratch out a living. All the while trying to bring a few employees along also.

But I have met a few that are good people so I don’t think they are all bad. Mostly short sided and unable to see the big picture

I think its because it gives them a big off chubby when they report to their higher-ups of what they "accomplished." I'm pretty sure the report said something along the lines "we recently shut down a shop that was creating illegal street racing vehicles that cause deaths and accidents". Just wait until that shifts to "we shut down shops producing loud unsafe performance boats..." It WILL be coming. And for those jumping on the "well they were broadcasting it on youtube what did they expect?" Theres quite a few boat shops that make youtube videos and live streams, along with showcases here on RDP. They'll be first on the chopping block when that day comes too.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
same as fining folks with no masks and shedding restraunts, there are no laws, they are regulations by government sanctioned organizations, madd comes to mind, why would they be on court papers where you pay fines to them! out of hand !!!!

I have never heard of any fines going to MaDD?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Let me know if we can help him in anyways.. fundraising / awareness, you name it

530RL

Reaction score
It's not just the Federal Government, but state and local government also.

As an example, at the Scottsdale Airport/airpark, a hangar is prohibited by zoning and as such you need to get a special use permit to build/operate a hangar at the airport. It's so crazy all you can do is laugh.

I suspect it is only going to get worse, not better............