Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Well the hull is laid up. Just saying.

NicPaus

Reaction score
What was wrong and unfinished with the Hull?

rpmsrup

Reaction score
no stringers, no bulkheads, no hatch, no cutout for outboards, no inserts for interior, or windshield, all that was supposed to be done

rpmsrup

Reaction score
Also there was supposed to be carbon showing through the gel and they came up with a lame ass excuse is to why it wasnt

hallett21

Reaction score
no stringers, no bulkheads, no hatch, no cutout for outboards, no inserts for interior, or windshield, all that was supposed to be done

How could they lay up the boat without the bulkheads and stringers not in the mold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RPMperformanceboats

Reaction score
Your facts are wrong. The whole down payment was due before the Show. We gave him the benefit of the doubt he would be paying when he sold his boat. I have all the texts. The last one stating We are waiting for our new house to close. And we can get you a check this weekend. (A month ago) He was told he would get $ when the boat was sold to someone else. On the contract this is stated.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Some of the structure is added after the boat pops from the mold. Depends on the boat

On mine they add glass, balsa, transom to the mold. Then pop it and add the rest.

I paid them when the boat was popped from the mold. They did alot of work after that

My hatch and windshield were dead last.

I guess it depends on what their deal was??

How could they lay up the boat without the bulkheads and stringers not in the mold?

Andy01

Reaction score
I dont hate on anyone.

Come on rpmsrdwn, your a Fk'n hater!! j/k

I don't know the story, nor care. Read it, but there's three sides to everything. I've done business with Joe, and he has sent me plenty of business over the years. I've never experienced anything negative with him. I wish the best for both parties, and hope they are able to come to a resolve that is good for both.

Cyclebuilder

Reaction score
Lots of stories today. Fact is based on behavior we did not feel our money would be responsably managed. I will not go into details and start some back and forth crap. Fact remains Peter and I both shared the same experience. I tryed to end this peacfully and would go quiet. Pleaded to just get our money back, asked him to learn from this, and build RPM into something big. I've done no name calling simply shared my expirience. And hope no future customers are ever made to feel this way. I tried to explain to him why we no longer had confidence in his ability to manage an addition 153k. He could have made some attempt to address our concerns; rather he turned to anger, cussing, and name calling. Those are basic facts on top of countless incedents that got us here. I offered to take hull as is as a compramise. We are not dealing with some silly change of mind or funding issue. I had another builder lined up to finish the build and an invoice for motors. As far as money owed; if work was completed that warranted more money I'd drive over and pay tonight. But fact is in the hulls current state with no stringers, bulkheads, tanks, helm or panel inserts, or hatch; it's not worth more than $27500. These are the facts kids and why this went down today.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Lots of stories today. Fact is based on behavior we did not feel our money would be responsably managed. I will not go into details and start some back and forth crap. Fact remains Peter and I both shared the same experience. I tryed to end this peacfully and would go quiet. Pleaded to just get our money back, asked him to learn from this, and build RPM into something big. I've done no name calling simply shared my expirience. And hope no future customers are ever made to feel this way. I tried to explain to him why we no longer had confidence in his ability to manage an addition 153k. He could have made some attempt to address our concerns; rather he turned to anger, cussing, and name calling. Those are basic facts on top of countless incedents that got us here. I offered to take hull as is as a compramise. We are not dealing with some silly change of mind or funding issue. I had another builder lined up to finish the build and an invoice for motors. As far as money owed; if work was completed that warranted more money I'd drive over and pay tonight. But fact is in the hulls current state with no stringers, bulkheads, tanks, helm or panel inserts, or hatch; it's not worth more than $27500. These are the facts kids and why this went down today.
Any pics of the build. The incomplete hull?

RPMperformanceboats

Reaction score
The last 30 days we have been waiting for $ you said you had. You signed a purchase contract. You were short on $. You have serial numbers and everything you needed. You kept promising $ and it never came. your dad was even going to co-sign for you. Is any of this sound familiar? I have more texts to freshen your memory.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I disagree. I would say its worth more than $27,500 at this junture.

But it still needs more work but the hard part is done.

And now you want to back out of the deal after the hull is popped. He did his job but you decided to change your mind.

Now granted both of you should have clarified the down payments more clearly before you started so there were no misunderstandings.

But given what we heard I don't think you should get your deposit back until the hull is sold

Last edited:

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score
spell check is for kids. . .

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Come on, he didn’t want to compramise his copy and pasting!

This entire he said she said thing is messy. Only thing keeping rpm credible at this point are the screenshots Joe has posted backing everything he's said.
It's not looking so good for the other dude

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Sounds like the buyer is using the "builders behavior", "lack of customer service", "won't handle our money responsibly" as excuses because he can't cop to the fact that he just didn't have the means to follow through on the build.

HOWARD!!!!!!!! [emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

NicPaus

Reaction score
Winter is awesome!

It's unfortunate that a builder and customer are so far apart. Maybe this isn't the place for the two parties to be doing this.........
From a Contractor who has been in a similar deal I mentioned a Mediator. If I had a little free time I would volunteer to help. Fighting is not the answer at this point to come to a resolution.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Dad had to co-sign, really?

How old is the buyer, 20?

On a side note if a person building a boat needs a loan to pay for it wouldn’t the builder want a pre-approval letter?

Carrera205

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. From what I read homeboy was running around telling eveyone he was getting a shiny new toy on Facebook and at the boat show. Sounds to me like he couldn't come up with the money and is trying to save face by blaming it on a builders "attitude". What blows my Mind is if your gona buy a nice expensive boat why are You treating the builder like they are trying to steal from you? If you don't trust them to "manage the money"
In the first place why are you even purchasing a boat at all. That's what makes me lean to the builders side. Homeboy probably can't come up
With the money because I read in the Facebook post he was trying to
Finance it. And now he's trying to nuke the bridge to save reputation. Also

In b4 lock

Sounds like the buyer is using the "builders behavior", "lack of customer service", "won't handle our money responsibly" as excuses because he can't cop to the fact that he just didn't have the means to follow through on the build.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Weird right? :)

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Winter is awesome!

It's unfortunate that a builder and customer are so far apart. Maybe this isn't the place for the two parties to be doing this.........

This. It’s amazing how many people will get on social media and bicker back and forth. Regardless of the boat quality, you can be sure the builder has lost customers due to the arguing online. The same goes for the buyer. I bet a few people will remember his name and will avoid any business relationships.

From a Contractor who has been in a similar deal I mentioned a Mediator. If I had a little free time I would volunteer to help. Fighting is not the answer at this point to come to a resolution.

Does the boating industry need a mediator? Powerboat Mediation sounds like a good business name :D

wet hull

Reaction score
I have read and saw the post on River Whips. I am on RPM side with this. Money is hard to earn, get and so on. Sounds like he put the cart before the horse and got run over and agree he is trying to save face. In my business I document everything, simple conversations I will throw into a email and send to the other person as a reminder. Provides a written account of conversations. Protects both sides.

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Compromise. Just sayin. :)

I know [emoji12]

IMG_0922.JPG

USMC2010

Reaction score
Winter is awesome!

I agree but here and RW is the platform chosen. Did I miss screenshots of the text messages anywhere? I would think those would go far to end who said what.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Maybe he found someone at the boat show that would string it cheaper?

I believe just a 19 Daytona hull from Eliminator is more than $20k. I'd guess a 26 carbon hull would be about $60k or so. That's probably 2.5 - 55 gallon barrels of resin and a lot of carbon which is crazy expensive and a pain in the ass to lay. I bet with labor he has more than $27,500 into it.

A judge would side with RPM.

Carrera205

Reaction score
Apparently the other guy he keeps talking about "Peter" had a bad experience with rpm was refunded his Money on a used boat deal. Sounds like the "he went thru the same thing" argument is null.

Attachments

• IMG_5235.PNG
    IMG_5235.PNG
    466.4 KB · Views: 249

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Maybe he found someone at the boat show that would string it cheaper?

I believe just a 19 Daytona hull from Eliminator is more than $20k. I'd guess a 26 carbon hull would be about $60k or so. That's probably 2.5 - 55 gallon barrels of resin and a lot of carbon which is crazy expensive and a pain in the ass to lay. I bet with labor he has more than $27,500 into it.

A judge would side with RPM.

7F554664-CBA5-4249-9571-8A7B8E315F8F.png

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
Without a printed and signed contract, this is just two idiots arguing on a cliff .

A signed contract tells everyone what they are required to do, and by what time span in the progress of the build .

Only idiots use "I said, and you said, here-say", without a printed, signed contract .

IF there is a contract, produce it.

IF there is no contract, shame on both of you idiots ................

PS, needing an HIN number to obtain a boat loan, PRIOR to the vessel being finished, shows "just a hint" of bank fraud ...........................

CobraDave

Reaction score
Especially with so much money involved.

Carrera205

Reaction score
There is one that was posted

Without a printed and signed contract, this is just two idiots arguing on a cliff .

A signed contract tells everyone what they are required to do, and by what time span in the progress of the build .

Only idiots use "I said, and you said, here-say", without a printed, signed contract .

IF there is a contract, produce it.

IF there is no contract, shame on both of you idiots ................

PS, needing an HIN number to obtain a boat loan, PRIOR to the vessel being finished, shows "just a hint" of bank fraud ...........................

Carrera205

Reaction score
Bill of sale for your viewing pleasure.

Attachments

• IMG_5236.PNG
    IMG_5236.PNG
    569.9 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_5237.PNG
    IMG_5237.PNG
    448.7 KB · Views: 375

USMC2010

Reaction score
Name, address and phone number displayed. Well now...

CobraDave

Reaction score
Yelp reviews give a better picture of AP Cycle. Some likely friends of his and some real.

Carrera205

Reaction score
Apparently he wasn't getting a hull # and that what was keeping him from getting the financing going. Turns out it was on the contact the whole time and he didn't even realize it. The guy sounds like a tool. Sounds like he can't bring the bank and is gona end up getting smoked. He keeps saying just give me my money back and then rpm can sell the boat to someone else and make money off of it I don't care. He's trying to eject from the deal. Breaching his contact and has nothing to stand on.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
The receipt shows 36500 for the down to get the hull laid. Buyer paid 27500. Rpm is owed 10k that wasn't paid. Now buyer wants his money back after the hull is laid... Someone didn't get the answer they wanted from the bank. Who buys a house and a boat at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.