WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RPM fan page on the Lake Cumberland accident

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
A little rough coming from a manufacturer, IMO.

Participants and guys like the ones below need to realize a poker run is not a race. Its not a closed course, its not a sanctioned event. You have to play with other boaters enjoying the lake. You cant make every boater aware of the fact that a bunch of boats are going to be flying down a public lake at 160+. You know how quick a boat comes up on you when they are traveling 160+? Too fast for the leisurely boater out enjoying the lake to realize what is going on and to get out of the way. And just because he wasn't in a high dollar 100 mph boat doesn't mean he is lacking boating experience.

I've been boating 30 years. Ski boats to large cabin cruisers. Small lakes to the great lakes. Never been in a Skater or a 160+ boat. Does that mean I don't know what I'm doing? Am I a clueless boater? LOL. Please.

Anyone ever going to say these guys were just weekend poker runners, not experienced racers, and by racers don't mean driving high speed on an open lake or driving in a poker run. Anyone think a professional, Bob Teague, John Tomlinson, Tres Martin etc. would cross the roost of a another boat while going these speeds. We've seen it done twice now this season.

RIP to those involved. Unfortunate situation.

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 4.jpg

photo 3.jpg

gqchris

Reaction score
This is why I don't have a Facebook account anymore. People start talking out their ass and there is no taking it back. I don't know how many times I wanted to speak my mind but I held back because a lot of my clients had me on there as well.

Reaction score
Yep, pretty bad. This is why I try to wait a couple days, collect thoughts and not say something I will regret later.

As far as the accident, I'm sure there is an investigation. Hopefully, it will be accurate and reveal ideas on how it can be avoided next time.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Pretty damn uppity, nose in the air, my shit don't stink attitude.
:rolleyes

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
This is why I don't have a Facebook account anymore. People start talking out their ass and there is no taking it back. I don't know how many times I wanted to speak my mind but I held back because a lot of my clients had me on there as well.

Completely agree. Good choice to hold back.

Cajun

Reaction score
Call me a grammar Nazi, but when you can't spell properly or misuse simple words in a rant, you really come off as a complete idiot.

U4ia

Reaction score
It sure seems like the RPM people think that their customers are assholes like them too! And they are probably correct..... I am sure that they know their market and what it take to be successful in that market. Maybe they are positioning themselves as a product for Aspirational Assholes: those who are still climbing the ladder of dickishness. Junior VP's, Mid-level executives, newly rich internet barons, etc. Why else would anyone be such a jerk?

OGShocker

Lion Hunter
Reaction score
A little rough coming from a manufacturer, IMO.

He's NOT the manufacturer of RPM's....
From their Facebook page.

Community:
First I must say that I am in no way affiliated with Revolution Performance Marine, I am a very proud owner and have created this page to show people out there what an awesome boat RPM builds.

Please do not contribute more bullshit to the Internet, its quite full enough.

Thanks,

OGS

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Couple of things.. I think you are misreading what they are saying.

The RPM people are saying the guy that drove across the lake in front of them is at fault. The second thing almost all of those comments are gone off that page (I just went and looked)

The third and most important thing regarding that page..

[h=4]About[/h]

First I must say that I am in no way affiliated with Revolution Performance Marine, I am a very proud owner and have created this page to show people out there what an awesome boat RPM builds.

Something to think about.

RD

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
My mistake- I was under the impression that the facebook page was controlled by RPM. Too bad for RPM that a supporter of their product chose to use that page (the RPM name) to voice his opinion.

Last edited:

rrrr

Reaction score
If I was the owner of RPM, I would very quickly inform this guy that any continued use of their name in his FB account would result in legal action.

His comments are unbelievably stupid...the manner in which he has named the account would lead the average person to believe he represents RPM and I would hope they aren't happy about being associated with this insensitive prick.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score

The RPM people are saying the guy that drove across the lake in front of them is at fault. The second thing almost all of those comments are gone off that page (I just went and looked)

RD

I think RPM should have more control of their social-media brand.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
My mistake- I was under the impression that the facebook page was controlled by RPM. Too bad for RPM that a supporter of their product chose to use that page (the RPM name) to voice his opinion.

I read the posts, and to me it seems like they are blaming the cross traffic and the spectator boat parked out in the middle of the lake.. It doesn't sound to me like they are disparaging the drivers in the poker run at all?

What comments are you reading in particular that you think are out of line? If you are referring to the "They died so a moron can live" it seems to me that is someone else saying that in the thread that RPM started on their facebook?

RD

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
I read the posts, and to me it seems like they are blaming the cross traffic and the spectator boat parked out in the middle of the lake.. It doesn't sound to me like they are disparaging the drivers in the poker run at all?

What comments are you reading in particular that you think are out of line? If you are referring to the "They died so a moron can live" it seems to me that is someone else saying that in the thread that RPM started on their facebook?

RD

RD- I was referring to the comments aimed at the family boat crossing the lake. Pretty poor comments IMO. I thought the page was controlled by RPM. I was wrong, it's controlled by someone else which is too bad for RPM. I wouldn't want someone making those comments under my name.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
Everything that was comment posted under RPM was in poor taste. I now know its not really RPM.

Member: 71

M ǝ ɯ q ǝ ɹ : 7 1
Reaction score

RD

Any chance of changing the title of the thread? I'm sure RPM doesn't need a this popping up on any Google searches.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Any chance of changing the title of the thread? I'm sure RPM doesn't need a this popping up on any Google searches.

The web crawlers use the posts as reference as much as the thread title so it wouldn't do any good.

RD

U4ia

Reaction score
My mistake too, I now see that the dick who posted was NOT RPM themselves, just a customer and a fan. I would say that he is an Aspirational Asshole, but it looks like he made it into the ranks as a Full Fledged Asshole, nothing more for him to aspire to on that front. I apologize for making an assumption about RPM that applies only to this customer.

rpmpowerboats

Reaction score
First of all, I would like to say that the accident at Lake Cumberland is a horrible tragedy. Two great men died this past weekend and my heart and prayers go out to the families and friends of those involved.

As you all are now aware, the Facebook Page is not mine nor is it controlled by me or my employees. I would like to personally appologize for anything that was said that offended anyone. I do not agree with the comments that were posted.

I personally do not do social media of any form. I do have a facebook account only so I can occasionally read someone's page when something of interest is brought to my attention. I do not even respond to friend requests. My big mistake, obviously, is allowing one of my customers to maintain a Facebook page with my companies name on it. He has normally been pretty good about keeping people informed of things going on with RPM without too many personal opinions. Following this situation, I have requested that he remove the comments/section about the accident.

Steve Tripp
Revolution Performance Marine

IN AWE

I'm surounded by assholes
Reaction score
My big mistake, obviously, is allowing one of my customers to maintain a Facebook page with my companies name on it. He has normally been pretty good about keeping people informed of things going on with RPM without too many personal opinions. Following this situation, I have requested that he remove the comments/section about the accident.

Steve Tripp
Revolution Performance Marine

Yet you're allowing him to keep maintaining a Facebook page with your company name and only remove a certain section? Hmm.:confused:

gqchris

Reaction score
Yet you're allowing him to keep maintaining a Facebook page with your company name and only remove a certain section? Hmm.:confused:

If that guy is the person in charge of branding RPM's product and social media presence, I would say he needs to be fired. :thumbsdown
RPM, you do realize that RDP gets Google crawled within minutes. If I type in RPM Boats Accident, guess what pops up.

Attachments

• rpm.jpg
    rpm.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 54

IN AWE

I'm surounded by assholes
Reaction score
If that guy is the person in charge of branding RPM's product and social media presence, I would say he needs to be fired. :thumbsdown
RPM, you do realize that RDP gets Google crawled within minutes. If I type in RPM Boats Accident, guess what pops up.

From the way I understand it, he has no affiliation to RPM at all business wise.

gqchris

Reaction score
From the way I understand it, he has no affiliation to RPM at all business wise.

Yea I hear ya. If anything, this goes to show how powerful social media is to business and branding. It is HUGE.

Essexive G's

Reaction score

From the way you understand it, from the way I understand it. It took three pages for us to understand it. When I first started reading from page one my first impression of RPM was less than impressed. How many other people will read was was written, and form the same impression without reading the other 2 pages to change their opinion. Then in the same breath reform their opinion to their original opinion because the owner will continue to let an elitist represent his product on Facebook?
What does he care? There's no way in hell I could, or would spend upwards of $500,000.00 on a boat. I represent the moron who still drives a 23'er, and hasn't progressed in to their level of expertise.

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score

RD

Exactly...I think the guy didn't convey the message in a manner that he had intended. Still a little bit nebulous though.

Last edited: