WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rub rail yellowing

Trim it up

Reaction score
My 03' Conquest white rub rail is starting to get the yellow spots on it. Anyone have the cure for this? After I clean it up, I'm debating of putting the chrome strip down the middle of it but Conquest wants like $500 for it:boo:

Singleton

Reaction score
Having the same issue in some areas and mine is painted. Started seeing yellow dots over a year ago, only on the white sections where it might of not been 100% painted. Will fix this year with stainless rub rail, if my wife approves.

Trim it up

Reaction score
Unfortunately the chrome strip only goes down the center of the original run rail, not a full replacement.

Trim it up

Reaction score
C'mon guys,,,,no one has a detail tip or trick on how to remove this???

KevinR

Reaction score
My 03' Conquest white rub rail is starting to get the yellow spots on it. Anyone have the cure for this? After I clean it up, I'm debating of putting the chrome strip down the middle of it but Conquest wants like $500 for it:boo:

We just had Jodi add the stainless rubrail on our 2007 Top Cat II. Looks so much better! Worth the $500 in my book.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Rub it down with acetone. It won't hurt your gel.

If you do that immediately follow it up with rubber conditioner and a lot of it.

If it does get on your gel it can leave a white film that should be cleaned off right away.

Acetone doesn't hurt gel. It will dry out rubber pretty quick though.

RD

Icky

Reaction score
If you do that immediately follow it up with rubber conditioner and a lot of it.

Acetone doesn't hurt gel. It will dry out rubber pretty quick though.

RD

My rub rails are old and "chalky", so when I hit them with acetone some white gets on the rag, then gets on the purple gel. I let it dry once and was a bitch to get off. So now I just wipe it off

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
My rub rails are old and "chalky", so when I hit them with acetone some white gets on the rag, then gets on the purple gel. I let it dry once and was a bitch to get off. So now I just wipe it off

That's rubrail you are wiping on the boat.. i use acetone to wipe down the gel on mine once a year detail. takes off wax and everything else

Trim it up

Reaction score
Well, I tried acetone on a magic eraser and it came out ok...not like new like I was hoping. Oh well

spaniard

Reaction score
We just had Jodi add the stainless rubrail on our 2007 Top Cat II. Looks so much better! Worth the $500 in my book.

I'm looking to replace my rubrail as well, can you pass the information for Jodi along? The $500 was for a complete replacement or just the insert.

Oilman

Reaction score
Grab an old toothbrush and your favorite toothpaste before you start using harsh chemicals.
Scrub scrub scrub and wipe it off with a wet rag. It works on most stains and won't cost $500.