WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rugged Road Outdoors Coolers

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Anyone have one of these? 1/3 the weight of a yeti, holds more beer than a yeti, all kinds of cool shit.. plus they keep ice longer or equal to a yeti?? FLOATS UPRIGHT if you put them in the water?? And they are cheaper? Wtf?

I ordered 2 of these things (even though they only have grey and it matches nothing on my boat). Just because of the increased internal size and light weight..

I get the impression they are a younger start up company because they have an ad saying only 1500 coolers available for 4th of July weekend..

Anyone got one of these things? Too good to be true?

what is your goto cooler?

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Bought this
at walmart. I cannot justify yeti prices. I am not a camper though. This one is great.
3FE62D88-EA26-4E9E-AD1F-3EA7E842E26E.jpeg

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Anyone have one of these? 1/3 the weight of a yeti, holds more beer than a yeti, all kinds of cool shit.. plus they keep ice longer or equal to a yeti?? FLOATS UPRIGHT if you put them in the water?? And they are cheaper? Wtf?

I ordered 2 of these things (even though they only have grey and it matches nothing on my boat). Just because of the increased internal size and light weight..

I get the impression they are a younger start up company because they have an ad saying only 1500 coolers available for 4th of July weekend..

Anyone got one of these things? Too good to be true?

what is your goto cooler?

I like the light aspect of it. Mine is a bit hefty. When full I gotta call the grandson to grab the other handle.
edit. Saw the price. I will lift my heavy one. :p 65 small for me. I buy bulk frozen food at sams.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Honestly it seems like these guys just reinvented the cooler the way yeti did back in the day..

I would love to invest into this company if they need funding. Or hell even sell them out of the store!!

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score
My $50 Colman cooler works just find. I freeze light blocks and add them into my cooler and it hold up great

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Could probably shoot it with an adhesion promoter and paint it to match a boat. If they're a new enough company, maybe they can do their next run in white and just bump it a few bucks. The hunters don't seem to care about colors near as much as boater types...so grey will hide scuffs better in the pickup bed.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Could probably shoot it with an adhesion promoter and paint it to match a boat. If they're a new enough company, maybe they can do their next run in white and just bump it a few bucks. The hunters don't seem to care about colors near as much as boater types...so grey will hide scuffs better in the pickup bed.

I’m gonna wrap it I think..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
How well do you think that would work in a boat in the heat out here?

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
I know it works awesome in the trunk of a car in Central Ca. heat and on my boat in 100+. Also threw one in the basement of my RV no problems

Javajoe

Reaction score
Floats upright? Yea maybe when empty

PaPaG

Reaction score
I never understood the cost of these things, plastic or similar type material injection molded coolers with insulation costing 300-500 bucks...someone is making a mint...

Javajoe

Reaction score
A425204E-DF11-4F56-8CA7-D6169CD5A87B.jpeg
BTW...I bought a Colster. That thing is really amazing keeping a can cold. I’m super impressed.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Unless you want that company to advertise on the site keep saying it’s great

mesquito_creek

Reaction score

I have run a dometic cfx 12v fridge in my boat for about the last 3 years through the hottest part of the Phoenix summers. It will freeze stuff over night if left closed. I don't keep it in direct sunlight, but rather under the bow/cabin. It stratifies the cold alot, where the stuff in the bottom is at the temp set point but the stuff on top could be not as cold. I don't use it as a beer cooler, but as a food cooler. I have used it to "pre"cool beer on longer trip where I am ice challenged. I would drink beer right out of it, but I don't freak out like my wife if the beer isn't exactly "packed in ice" cold. The main consideration is battery capacity and making sure you have enough. For just a day trip probably not an issue. Mine will kill a group 27 100 ah deep cycle intestate battery in about 24 hours. I now run it off a 100 ah lithium battery and can go about 4 days.

I should add that my dometic cfx 50 and 12v amperetime battery is about a 1500-1600 dollar solution....

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
The more threads like this I read the more satisfaction in my purchase of an Igloo about 16 years ago😂

I have had multiple 48 quart Coleman Extremes that cost $35-$50 and they will keep ice for 4 days in the shade when it’s 85 degrees if I don’t open it. For a day in Havasu it is perfectly fine.

My boat is built for an Igloo 54 quart marine cooler and it is crappy but it still keeps everything cold for a 12 hour day on Havasu when it’s 110.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I never understood the cost of these things, plastic or similar type material injection molded coolers with insulation costing 300-500 bucks...someone is making a mint...

Yore wife ever buy a designer purse when a $20 purse will do the same thing?

A Yeti is a Coach purse for dudes :)

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
My $50 Colman cooler works just find. I freeze light blocks and add them into my cooler and it hold up great

Yep - I throw a Large Cooler Shock and 20# Bag of Ice into our 150Q Coleman Marine Cooler and there is still at least 1/2 a bag of ice floating at the end of the day. (BTW - It sits in the Havasu Sun all day long)

1622820755755.png

Attachments

• 1622820721210.png
    1622820721210.png
    421.1 KB · Views: 70

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
300 bux will buy a lotta ice and beer. 😁 😁
Looks like a good product though.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Didn’t a guy named Tom Brown say that we buy billet everything and $300 + coolers to impress the ladies ?

2Driver

Reaction score
I got this Igloo IMX 70 for Powell and it was amazing. Got it on sale for $150

1AD3F7AE-A527-43FF-A306-B9D2433ADCEC.jpeg

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Leave the lid closed for a few hours and it wont open. Have to use the eject button!
20210511_120503.jpg

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
I have had multiple 48 quart Coleman Extremes that cost $35-$50 and they will keep ice for 4 days in the shade when it’s 85 degrees if I don’t open it. For a day in Havasu it is perfectly fine.

My boat is built for an Igloo 54 quart marine cooler and it is crappy but it still keeps everything cold for a 12 hour day on Havasu when it’s 110.

"If I Don't Open It" = 🤔

🤣

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
"If I Don't Open It" = 🤔

🤣

You do realize that is all a Yeti and other expensive cooler are for right? To keep stuff cold and to keep ice for multiple days. No matter how much you spend on a cooler, it does not work if you open it. There is only a 10% difference between a $300 Yeti and a $30 Coleman if you open it twice an hour.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
I've always preferred RTIC's. Same build as YETI and half the price. They have an ultra light model as well.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
You do realize that is all a Yeti and other expensive cooler are for right? To keep stuff cold and to keep ice for multiple days. No matter how much you spend on a cooler, it does not work if you open it. There is only a 10% difference between a $300 Yeti and a $30 Coleman if you open it twice an hour.

Do you realize The Main Reason to have a "COOLER" is to keep Items "COLD"to Consume. Not keep the LID Closed to Keep the Items COLD.

BUT!! Thanks for the Education, You Never Disappoint. 👍

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Do you realize The Main Reason to have a "COOLER" is to keep Items "COLD"to Consume. Not keep the LID Closed to Keep the Items COLD.

BUT!! Thanks for the Education, You Never Disappoint. 👍

The Yeti and coolers like it were designed for fisherman and hunters to pack their kills/catches in for days at a time in the wilderness/or on the water so they could cook and consume them later while requiring less ice. They were not intended for guys day drinking White Claws in the Channel.

Yore = Welcome.

Last edited:

Singleton

Reaction score
I have run a dometic cfx 12v fridge in my boat for about the last 3 years through the hottest part of the Phoenix summers. It will freeze stuff over night if left closed. I don't keep it in direct sunlight, but rather under the bow/cabin. It stratifies the cold alot, where the stuff in the bottom is at the temp set point but the stuff on top could be not as cold. I don't use it as a beer cooler, but as a food cooler. I have used it to "pre"cool beer on longer trip where I am ice challenged. I would drink beer right out of it, but I don't freak out like my wife if the beer isn't exactly "packed in ice" cold. The main consideration is battery capacity and making sure you have enough. For just a day trip probably not an issue. Mine will kill a group 27 100 ah deep cycle intestate battery in about 24 hours. I now run it off a 100 ah lithium battery and can go about 4 days.

I should add that my dometic cfx 50 and 12v amperetime battery is about a 1500-1600 dollar solution....

My custom ToyHauler did not have a refrig. We did a similar setup. Works awesome. We are about to add a second so we have a dedicated refrig and freezer wired to a separate battery from ToyHauler house batteries with a solar charger dedicated to that as well. Also use refrig when traveling to/from Havasu so we don’t waste time shopping in Havasu

Badchoices03

Reaction score
If you're camping with very little access to ice = Yeti
If you have easy access to ice, and can spend a few extra bucks a day to buy it = Igloo
If you have a job and make your own money = buy whatever you want to impress whoever you want ;)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yeti backpack and a soft side . Don’t make a project on keeping shit cold

that simply doesn’t work for my boating program.. we carry a ton of drinks and food and ice.. it’s easier for me to load the boat and then restock as needed throughout the weekend.

Unless you want that company to advertise on the site keep saying it’s great

I love how certain members always think there’s some angle to everything I do.. lol

I found a product that claims to be superior to what is the standard in the industry, and also cheaper. I purchased two of them at a decent personal expense.. and your logic is “well there’s gotta be an angle.”

I will tell ya flat if it lives up to what they say I’d love to sell them and or get involved somehow. Lighter, better, cheaper sounds like something that could be the new standard.. however me purchasing a couple and starting a thread doesn’t equate to twisting my evil mustache.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
My Grizzly mug works great for coffee and iced drinks. Hot or cold all day even when its beat to shit View attachment 1010020

i love my grizzly coolers and there cups are great too! The rdp cups will actually hold ice longer than a yeti or a grizzly though FYI.. we purchased just about every cup on the market and tested them all before settling in on which one we use. It out performed them all and was cheaper.. kinda like this cooler sounds like. 🤪

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If you're camping with very little access to ice = Yeti
If you have easy access to ice, and can spend a few extra bucks a day to buy it = Igloo
If you have a job and make your own money = buy whatever you want to impress whoever you want ;)

I purchased these to go on the back of the boat. I was gonna double time them for offroad camping adventures until blue put up that black ice deal and I saw their 60 deal. I think that in the enclosed would be the cats pajamas..

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Use a package of dry ice in the bottom of your $50 cooler along with regular ice and it will act like a deep freeze

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Did the dry ice deal once well over did it actually, used three small packs on the bottom covered with foil the reg ice I had frozen beer in there in June in Havasu.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Did the dry ice deal once well over did it actually, used three small packs on the bottom covered with foil the reg ice I had frozen beer in there in June in Havasu.

I was gonna ask if that wouldn’t actually freeze everything?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
With that logic we would all be driving bay liners..

Bayliner implies there is a performance difference. You open any cooler twice an hour in 100 degree weather they all suck equally.

Reactions: DWC