WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rugged Road Outdoors Coolers

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Bayliner implies there is a performance difference. You open any cooler twice an hour in 100 degree weather they all suck equally.
Not if you have built in refrigeration. Can't believe the baller's of RDP are still slinging ice with all the mega power banks and genny's I see on here. It's almost embarrassing :)

samsah33

Reaction score
Silicon bread molds for making ice blocks. Couple blocks in the bottom of any cooler will do the trick for the day. Haven't bought ice in years...
1622840918023.png

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Guys it’s a damn cooler let’s not reinvent the wheel here. With that being said I bought coho cooler from Costco. Works great! I use an AO on the boat tho

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Not if you have built in refrigeration. Can't believe the baller's of RDP are still slinging ice with all the mega power banks and genny's I see on here. It's almost embarrassing :)

Not needed for day drinking on Havasu. A $50 cooler and a bag of ice works great all day.

Reactions: DWC

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Igloo all the way! I can't see myself spending triple digits for a cooler. Not real need.

USMC2010

Reaction score
$100 can get 2 coolers from Walmart. One for a bunch of ice and a second for whatever. $300...no way.

Jay Dub

Reaction score
We use a couple of the AO softsides And always have ice at the end of the day. I never saw the value ( for me) in the Yeti’s. Although I have the Yeti cocktail tumblers and love them.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Dry ice is cool, plus you can make a few ice bombs with 2 liters to liven things up at night without catching anything on fire, a win win!

Riley1

Reaction score
Anyone have one of these? 1/3 the weight of a yeti, holds more beer than a yeti, all kinds of cool shit.. plus they keep ice longer or equal to a yeti?? FLOATS UPRIGHT if you put them in the water?? And they are cheaper? Wtf?

I ordered 2 of these things (even though they only have grey and it matches nothing on my boat). Just because of the increased internal size and light weight..

I get the impression they are a younger start up company because they have an ad saying only 1500 coolers available for 4th of July weekend..

Anyone got one of these things? Too good to be true?

what is your goto cooler?

Where is it made?

That’s been an increasingly important question for me over the last 10-15 years.
I’ve been paying extra for US made AO coolers for the last 7 years. Just because “F China”

Javajoe

Reaction score
Too bad the AO’s leak. Must be an ancient Chinese secrete huh 🤔 we don’t know about that keeps their bags from leaking

hallett21

Reaction score
We either run a Coleman from 1990, AO soft sided from 2004 or a 2021 yeti 65 (my birthday present [emoji1]).

Always leave a little water from the day before in the hard coolers and add a bag of ice. Drinks are always cold till we run out [emoji1303]

Edit: 2-3 times a year we run down to the ice cream place next to smiths and grab 8 - 10 20lbs sacks of ice and leave them in the freezer in the garage. That way coolers are loaded in the morning and saves a stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riley1

Reaction score
Too bad the AO’s leak. Must be an ancient Chinese secrete huh 🤔 we don’t know about that keeps their bags from leaking
I have 4. None that leak. Though I have had some zipper problems. Hard to find another US made alternative. Yeti for example makes their hard sided coolers in America, but soft sided and tumblers are all Chinese.
So thus far, AO is the only US made soft coolers I’m aware of (and even then, you have to request and pay more for US made)

hallett21

Reaction score
I have 4. None that leak. Though I have had some zipper problems. Hard to find another US made alternative. Yeti for example makes their hard sided coolers in America, but soft sided and tumblers are all Chinese.
So thus far, AO is the only US made soft coolers I’m aware of (and even then, you have to request and pay more for US made)

Pretty sure AO is also the only one you can call and talk to someone involved in the company. Not just a phone operator

Javajoe

Reaction score
I got 3 of them. They all leak but they were bought 15 years ago so maybe they are made better now

Riley1

Reaction score
I got 3 of them. They all leak but they were bought 15 years ago so maybe they are made better now
Only had them for 5 years. BUT, had heard about empty cans, and bottles making them leak. So I have been extra careful.

I am by no means in love with my AO coolers. Just haven’t found a better alternative

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Honestly it seems like these guys just reinvented the cooler the way yeti did back in the day..

I would love to invest into this company if they need funding. Or hell even sell them out of the store!!

I thought you were selling AO's from the store (?)

penguintx

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can use a rugged road 65 cooler as a casting platform on a boat like you can with a roto molded cooler?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can use a rugged road 65 cooler as a casting platform on a boat like you can with a roto molded cooler?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

i am sure you can.. they are literally bomb proof.

that said mine still haven’t shown up, they are running behind. :(

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
You know they will fix them..... I have two.... one never leaks.... the other one leak they fixed it free...

One is probably 10+ years.... the other is like 7 years

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Just buy the 80 pack of the mini bottled water and freeze 40. We do this every time we go camping and just add one bag of ice to our cooler and it last for a week at the beach and three day weekends in parker maybe longer if the kids would stop taking them to drink!

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
We use a couple of the AO softsides And always have ice at the end of the day. I never saw the value ( for me) in the Yeti’s. Although I have the Yeti cocktail tumblers and love them.
GF just bought us a soft-side AO cooler for the sea doos, holds ice all day in the storage compartment. I was actually kinda impressed. :cool:

PaPaG

Reaction score
I have a couple of AO soft side coolers for a long time, depending on the temps and duration of our boating trips we use from 4 to 6 ice pack sheets we got from Australia, in the last 10 years we have NEVER had anything other than ice cold food or drinks for a 8 hour day while on the water or beach or 2 days of cold drinks and food when on trips. Never worried about leaks and keeps the cooler lighter than filled with ice. PS the water bottles in the cooler when on the boat actually get ice forming inside due to how cold it gets in there.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
GF just bought us a soft-side AO cooler for the sea doos, holds ice all day in the storage compartment. I was actually kinda impressed. :cool:

I was anti soft coolers for awhile. The AO in my RZR has been great. I use 5 frozen water bottles across the bottom.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
I have a couple of AO soft side coolers for a long time, depending on the temps and duration of our boating trips we use from 4 to 6 ice pack sheets we got from Australia, in the last 10 years we have NEVER had anything other than ice cold food or drinks for a 8 hour day while on the water or beach or 2 days of cold drinks and food when on trips. Never worried about leaks and keeps the cooler lighter than filled with ice. PS the water bottles in the cooler when on the boat actually get ice forming inside due to how cold it gets in there.

Got a link to these sheets?

PaPaG

Reaction score

AZBrummett21

It's a Brummett
Reaction score
i am sure you can.. they are literally bomb proof.

that said mine still haven’t shown up, they are running behind. :(

Dave, did you get your coolers? I got mine today and it seems to be good quality. I am headed to the lake this weekend and will test it out.