WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rumor Has it IATSE (Hollywood unions) may strike

instagator

Reaction score
I suppose if “new media” doesn’t want to pay all the union wages, and union doesn’t want to work for wages they are getting now, why not do away with the unions and let it go towards non union work and shops and see if the new media can staff the work with people who will work for what they want to pay

kind of like a typical supply/demand scenario
I was a member, IATSE, About 15 years ago they broke up most of all editing union positions by having editors work off the lot, not needing to be part of the union, film
was processed in canada to get out of using local labs, This will give the producers a chance to go further non union. Most people in these different craft unions struggle for work, I would guess about 35% of all IATSE union members are not working.....Hard to vote for a strike. Cameramen , directors make the big money and they
are also in a different union all together . This will not effect them.

4Waters

Reaction score
I was a member, IATSE, About 15 years ago they broke up most of all editing union positions by having editors work off the lot, not needing to be part of the union, film
was processed in canada to get out of using local labs, This will give the producers a chance to go further non union. Most people in these different craft unions struggle for work, I would guess about 35% of all IATSE union members are not working.....Hard to vote for a strike. Cameramen , directors make the big money and they
I think @Dan Lorenze is a cameraman and is prepared to go on strike

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score

Camera folks are in the Local 600 part of IATSE, and we are totally affected by a strike. Directors are in the DGA, and yes they do make the big bucks but this doesn't involve them other than the fact that the industry will shut down in a strike and they won't make their big bucks.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Between Bob Odenkirks heart attack and this strike and COVID, we will never get to the end of Better Call Saul. Been so long I forgot what the hell happened.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
"Tentative Agreement Reached"
Reading it sounds like a bullshit deal. But I will wait until my local rep sends her opinion. No streaming residual funds is a no go in imho.

dezrtracer

Reaction score

35% of the union members not working ? Most of the IATSE unions in Los Angels have been hiring permits since we came back after the covid break . Hollywood is slammed with work and 6 or 7 days a week have been normal .

dezrtracer

Reaction score
Reading it sounds like a bullshit deal. But I will wait until my local rep sends her opinion. No streaming residual funds is a no go in imho.
Can't wait to read what Loeb thinks is a fair contract . Got a feeling it will magically get ratified like always , even though everyone one you talk to says they voted not to ratify. ....

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Can't wait to read what Loeb thinks is a fair contract . Got a feeling it will magically get ratified like always , even though everyone one you talk to says they voted not to ratify. ....
Loeb. Doesn’t give two shits about us. He’s bought and payed for in my opinion. Holding out hope though.