WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rumors creating reality and what happens when we spread them

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I hesitate to bring this up as I don't want to create a rumor that could cause reality but here goes...

A friend said she heard that gas at some Fry's gas stations is in short supply and deliveries to their gas stations aren't coming. She speculates it's due to the Texas weather but I'm not sure if that's true or if this rumor is true.

Of course I'm going to go out and fill my tanks (trucks' tanks not my armored tank - no one's supposed to know about that 😁 ) and contribute to increased demand which will help drive prices up and people will hear about this and panic buy driving the price up further. Which is just what "they" want and we know who "they" are

So, I left "gas shortage" out of this thread's title to do my part while I'm asking: has anyone heard about this? I believe prices have gone up but I'm not following gas station prices these days except noticing when I do buy.

Cdog

Reaction score
I think on the fuel end. Expect the industry to make back what they lost last year. There will be no incentive to increase production when they can starve supply, increase demand and price per barrel. The current admin is happy with that as well.

rrrr

Reaction score
When Hurricane Harvey hit Houston and the Gulf Coast, word went out that gasoline supplies were going to disappear. Within a couple of days, gas stations in Dallas, where it hadn't even rained, had lines wrapped around them like the 1973 and 1979 shortages had caused. They quickly ran out of gas, and hundreds, if not thousands, closed. Even though refineries quickly came back online and pipelines continued to transport sufficient product, there was no gas in North Texas.

This was all caused by rumor and panic buying. The OP's claim is just another rumor. How could weather events in Texas cause severe gasoline shortages 1,700 miles away, especially since California has its own gasoline refineries?

WhatExit?

Reaction score
When Hurricane Harvey hit Houston and the Gulf Coast, word went out that gasoline supplies were going to disappear. Within a couple of days, gas stations in Dallas, where it hadn't even rained, had lines wrapped around them like the 1973 and 1979 shortages had caused. They quickly ran out of gas, and hundreds, if not thousands, closed. Even though refineries quickly came back online and pipelines continued to transport sufficient product, there was no gas in North Texas.

This was all caused by rumor and panic buying. The OP's claim is just another rumor. How could weather events in Texas cause severe gasoline shortages 1,700 miles away, especially since California has its own gasoline refineries?

* Not a "claim" - I shared this rumor and asked if anyone else had heard about it
* It's Arizona not Kalifornia

RodnJen

Reaction score
I hesitate to bring this up as I don't want to create a rumor that could cause reality but here goes...

A friend said she heard that gas at some Fry's gas stations is in short supply and deliveries to their gas stations aren't coming. She speculates it's due to the Texas weather but I'm not sure if that's true or if this rumor is true.

Of course I'm going to go out and fill my tanks (trucks' tanks not my armored tank - no one's supposed to know about that 😁 ) and contribute to increased demand which will help drive prices up and people will hear about this and panic buy driving the price up further. Which is just what "they" want and we know who "they" are

So, I left "gas shortage" out of this thread's title to do my part while I'm asking: has anyone heard about this? I believe prices have gone up but I'm not following gas station prices these days except noticing when I do buy.

No

Shortage (real or imagined) = opportunity to raise prices,

Change=opportunity to raise prices

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score

If there is no shortage here in texas (there isn't), I would call it bullshit.

The only shortages coming are 100% due to the child molester in chief...im sure his mouthpiece will circle back about that though in between his stutters and sniffs.

1tonfun

Reaction score
I heard it on the news this afternoon. AZ is at the end of a pipeline from CA and one from Texas. The weather related shut down in TX has caused the pipe to run dry in AZ so even though we are 1700 miles away, AZ still depends on the TX refineries. We don't have our own.

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
Now you've gone and done it. I'm immediately topping off tanks in my boat, toybox, prerunner, vehicles, all dirt bikes, gas jugs and predator generator. I'm gonna go look for ammo too. Maybe some toilet paper.

WhatExit?

Reaction score
I heard it on the news this afternoon. AZ is at the end of a pipeline from CA and one from Texas. The weather related shut down in TX has caused the pipe to run dry in AZ so even though we are 1700 miles away, AZ still depends on the TX refineries. We don't have our own.

Well, there ya go. Substantiating a rumor with fact.

MIM headed out tomorrow to buy gasoline and diesel and propane🤔

Now that Pedo Joe has bombed Syria shit’s gonna start moving faster just like they planned.

Apex svt

Reaction score
Not a rumor. Refineries still aren’t online and fuel vendors are cut down to 50% or less allocation.
Rack pricing due to demand is going way up because there is little to sell. Hell, it’s currently legal for me to put dyed diesel in our truck stop tanks and not pay state tax in Texas. Emissions fuel rfg-txled is not required at this time to help keep stations full for the consumer.
I haven’t shopped for a good price in 2-weeks and am getting gouged in some cases which only raises the street price. Just trying to keep the tanks full to stay operational. Its’s nasty, and not looking better at this time.

707dog

Reaction score
no gas shortage but we have a propane shortage in my area no stations or stores have gotten deliveries in over 3 weeks not sure WTF

PDQH2O

Reaction score
Fuel prices are higher everywhere, but I have to wonder if the experience with Frys gas is connected to their closing stores.

Taboma

Reaction score
tHAT SHIT WAS REAL.... i ALWAYS LAUGH WHEN YOU GET A LOOK IN PEOPLES GARAGES.. STACKED TO THE CEILING

For sure, two full cases as back up inventory is now mandatory round here. 😂

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Well, there ya go. Substantiating a rumor with fact.

MIM headed out tomorrow to buy gasoline and diesel and propane🤔

Now that Pedo Joe has bombed Syria shit’s gonna start moving faster just like they planned.
The end of the Texas pipeline is here in Tucson (from what I have been told by many at least) and our prices have jumped BIG TIME. in the last 2 weeks I think our gas is up almost $.40/ gallon and when it started at barely over $2/ gallon.... that is a BIG jump. This librturd Biden experiment is going to be EXTREMELY costly for the common folk. Specially if you add in a minimum wage increase to $15/hour.

jet496

Reaction score

And that is how it's done. The media creates & controls the narratives.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
If you have to worry about gas prices ride a bike
Kinda hard to do for a family of 6 and all the kids are under 7. I don't have to worry yet, but if gas goes back up to $5/gallon.... that will put a BIG hamper on our lives and will be huge negative impact on our kids.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Meanwhile in the Biden starts a war thread there's talk of rising gas prices. Who'd a thunk it?

traquer

Reaction score
Yeah maybe they're worried Frys isn't going to pay the bill, I wouldn't ship to them either if that's the case. Assuming we're talking about the same company here. never knew they sold gas

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Yeah maybe they're worried Frys isn't going to pay the bill, I wouldn't ship to them either if that's the case. Assuming we're talking about the same company here. never knew they sold gas
totally different. Fry's gas and grocery are one in the same. The electronics company is a completely different entity.

Blubyu

Reaction score
IMG_5134.jpg

[emoji2371]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hypnautic

Reaction score
In CA for sons Lacrosse tournament. Was almost able to fill up before pump stopped
IMG_0501.JPG

Wedgy

Reaction score
One more reason why I left California. In Lubbock, gas rose $1 right after JoeBama canceled XL. 2.19 ,here now. It was $1.17. In California? Got $4 coming, if not already there, and $5 soon after.. Then there's the min wage. Naww,. That won't hurt Seniors at all...

Yes HBL, I'll keep driving the BBC, the slow little old boat, my other 2 Vans, and the Mexican Dodge. Why I live here. But a fixed income is in everyone's future.
Plan accordingly. But. Shit Happens. Like JoeBama.

My career was cut short by 15 years. Your experience may vary, and hope it never happens to anyone else. Shitty Drivers are everywhere. Watch out for the other guy.

Singleton

Reaction score
I drove from Carlsbad to Havasu Thursday to drop the boat off. Returned home Friday morning.

Carlsbad Chevron
87 = 3.89
Diesel = 4.09

Havasu Mobil
87 = 2.89
Diesel = 3.09

MisplacedSooner

Reaction score
If anyone wants to see where natural gas or liquid gas lines are located in any state or county you can use this website.
Select liquid or natural gas, then select the I for information up top and it will tell you the owner etc.

Taboma

Reaction score
If anyone wants to see where natural gas or liquid gas lines are located in any state or county you can use this website.
Select liquid or natural gas, then select the I for information up top and it will tell you the owner etc.

Interesting website for locating or visualizing where pipelines run locally --- in case you don't want your next home to be on top of one. 🙄 But I found it a bit confusing for trying to get the "Big Picture", almost to much information and to microscopic. Could be operator error as well 😁

MisplacedSooner

Reaction score
Interesting website for locating or visualizing where pipelines run locally --- in case you don't want your next home to be on top of one. 🙄 But I found it a bit confusing for trying to get the "Big Picture", almost to much information and to microscopic. Could be operator error as well 😁

Yes I can see where it would be confusing! I wish it did help the public by not building close to them, but they don't seem to care. All of our lines are surrounded by houses in the cities. Most people don't realize that they are building in the potential impact radius if there is a explosion.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
AZ the new red state, it’s just the beginning.

Here in CA we are used to it.

Blubyu

Reaction score
Four fuel stations this morning to finally get fuel. Only thing available here was 91. Limit 25 gallons per customer.

IMG_5158.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Unfortunately with the new administration cancelling the Keystone Pipeline Permit it will now cost more to move the Canadian Crude down to the refineries off the Texas Coast. (It’s not going to stop the movement of the oil) The dumb thing about it is it will be much ‘less’ safe using trucks and trains and actually adding to carbon emissions than what the Pipeline would have produced. So when Biden tells you this was done in the name of “Saving The Environment” he’s a fucking liar! It’s really about his crime family cashing in from foreign oil producers that want higher oil prices.

Get ready to go back to the $5.00 a gallon Obama price days! We’re only 1 refinery shutdown or Middle Eastern War away!!!

jailbird141

Reaction score
I heard from my neighbor, who heard it from his mechanic, who heard it from his wife's sister's baby daddy, that the sky is falling. It's true, I verified it on the internet.

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
I heard from my neighbor, who heard it from his mechanic, who heard it from his wife's sister's baby daddy, that the sky is falling. It's true, I verified it on the internet.
Except in this case it appears it was true? Multiple pictures posted above.

HBCraig

Reaction score
The gas BS happens in California yearly. We are about a month or so away from prices being raised like they always do. But here, they call it the "summer blend". Total horseshit

Taboma

Reaction score
Except in this case it appears it was true? Multiple pictures posted above.

The only report I could find in MSM regarding a gasoline shortage in Phx was a confirmation that Fry's was suffering a shortage of certain grades. Didn't mention other stations, but then I was only looking in regards to Havasu, not PHX.