WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Run your RV's Onan generator at least once a month.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Never fails when we go to Glamis first trip of the season several peoples Onans won't start or run bad.
Ya gotta keep running gas through them when in storage and use a good stabilizer. A 5 minute run once a month and a good fuel treatment additive works wonders. I use this stuff with great results:

14308.A1_229921b19352ba91d49fa098cefb634f.png

Walmart lowered the price to just over $5. I use it in everything motorized. All the marine mechanics in Avalon recommend and swear by the stuff too.

If you have the start of season carb problem here's easy and fast Onan Carb removal:

Then clean it out with this or any spray carb cleaner if it's running bad. Put the straw on it and spray out the fuel inlet, then drain it and all the ports and jets. All kinda snot comes out:

DWC

Reaction score
I “try” add this with every fill up. Works pretty good. Has kept us from having issues so far. Knock on something

DF6F2DE9-D269-4B19-B767-AC1FB2D3276D.jpeg

We kept the MH at my dad’s house the last year. He wandered his property every Sunday making a loop starting and then another turning everything off. Sure did help make sure everything worked.

This stuff is unbelievable reviving small engines. Ethanol wrecks small stuff. This helps bring them back if you forgot to put stabil in.
EEBB5209-3D84-4D65-B1CD-6EAB9A72D28C.jpeg

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
This is a good PSA. I hate getting to the lake and half my friends gens/skis/etc don’t run and then I have to spend half my trip cleaning their carbs!

Usually, I just put ethanol free in all of mine and never have an issue. But if I end up running regular pump gas, I do like you do, and start all my gens/bikes/skis etc about once every 2 months and let em run for 10 min. Works wonders.

Reactions: TPC

grumpy88

Reaction score
Funny trimming I just ran mine . Secondly I agree with the Startron product . Thirdly I added a fuel shutoff in line and now I let mine run out of gas and so far so good . I have bought a lot of carbs in the past ! Great psa