WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Running beside the 40 sport cat with twin 400s

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well hopefully Nordic will shoot some killer video and conditions will be such we can at least see how it handles some afternoon Catalina channel wind chop.
If not, then with fall upon us, there's going to be some great north wind testing opportunities in Havasu very soon. Off the west end of the island between there and the California side to the south, it can get fiercely ugly after a night long blow.

I've sat on my deck and watched 38' Fountains race past Site Six, start to turn the corner to the north and hear them immediately chop the throttles, perform an about face and return to the lee of the island.

Of course when I was a bit younger, those were some of my favorite days to jet ski, jumping swell after swell, heart pounding so hard I thought my chest or head would explode --- WHOOOPPPEEEEE :D

Anyway, I think that's the kind of video I'd sure like to see and if it handles it, will sell boats galore.

You pick the day, and I'll take you out in my little 27 Hallett and see what ya think. I don't think you'll even spill your beer on this lake.

Mohave now? That can get pretty ruthless from what I understand. Albeit I have never personally been on it when it was.

RD

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I habe drooled over this boat for a few years now. I love the layout of it and the space and functionality the outboards gives is awesome!! If I ever hit the lottery and want an ocean boat.... This would be way up the list.

Just curious, would the engine bays be big enough to be able to onvert one into a small berth?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Taboma

Reaction score
You pick the day, and I'll take you out in my little 27 Hallett and see what ya think. I don't think you'll even spill your beer on this lake.

Mohave now? That can get pretty ruthless from what I understand. Albeit I have never personally been on it when it was.

RD

Come on Dave, as much as I agree Havasu might not get as nasty as Mohave and especially Mead, when a strong north wind has blown all night across the basin, it stacks up like a bitch towards the Cal side across from the island point. You could surf that shit :D
Anyway, my point wasn't to compare waves, it was to see how this big cat runs head on into that short and steep, windblown chop, in order to see how well it deflects the spray. I wouldn't buy one for Havasu, I don't want to be "One of those guys", I consider this an Ocean boat --- or Mead on a monsoon day :p
I have no doubt your 270 would run it, but you'd best be wearing a slicker !! :eek:
Run that gauntlet yourself on a blown out winter day and shoot a video :)

BrianB

Reaction score
Great to see her on the water ! Still looking good after all these years.
Just curious, when was it orig built ?

wiredguy

Reaction score
Great to see her on the water ! Still looking good after all these years.
Just curious, when was it orig built ?

It came out of the mold about 10years who if my memory strikes me correct.
Never was touched for the most part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liberated

Reaction score
I habe drooled over this boat for a few years now. I love the layout of it and the space and functionality the outboards gives is awesome!! If I ever hit the lottery and want an ocean boat.... This would be way up the list.

Just curious, would the engine bays be big enough to be able to onvert one into a small berth?

Yes absolutely!!! It's been talked about already.;)

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Yes absolutely!!! It's been talked about already.;)
2 berths in a boat that size with that kind of performance........ Damn! I cant even,imagine hiw well it will do when the new 500+ horse outboards come out....

Liberated

Reaction score
2 berths in a boat that size with that kind of performance........ Damn! I cant even,imagine hiw well it will do when the new 500+ horse outboards come out....

It has 2 full berths up front already. We've talked about being able to put 2 more there as well. Also when we finish what we are doing to the existing cockpit seats those will also convert into beds as well.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
It has 2 full berths up front already. We've talked about being able to put 2 more there as well. Also when we finish what we are doing to the existing cockpit seats those will also convert into beds as well.
Really? Damn! I thought it was only one,based on the pics I saw eliminator post. I could be misremembering as well though. This thing really seems like a winner though.

retaocleg

Reaction score
If you think that’s big, lean up against the molds with a spray gun in your hand. :eek:

@retaocleg All the best:cool:
Have I said F-U yet?.......:D
Jose and I climbed on the mold to get a birds eye view, and all we could do is giggle, but it wasn't funny...........like an unexpected shot to the nads...... you half as laugh, as you slink away, hands doing a quick inventory to make sure you didn't just become a democrat:D
@Gelcoater

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Did you just say 4 bedroom?

RD

Liberated

Reaction score
Did you just say 4 bedroom?

RD
Not necessarily 4 bedrooms. Let's call the 2nd ones a place to sleep! Think guys fishing trip.....4 guys need 4 places to sleep right?? Well unless your.....;). Set up correctly we have it figured out you could sleep 8 if you had to.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Have I said F-U yet?.......:D
Jose and I climbed on the mold to get a birds eye view, and all we could do is giggle, but it wasn't funny...........like an unexpected shot to the nads...... you half as laugh, as you slink away, hands doing a quick inventory to make sure you didn't just become a democrat:D
@Gelcoater
:)