WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Running power to my boat battery

Trim it up

Reaction score
So I’ve been wanting to run my yellow power cord from my head unit to my battery so it can store my settings for awhile now. Sucks when I turn my key off, I lose all that crap. Is there anywhere else under my dash that I can pull power out of instead of running that cord down the entire side of my boat?

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
So I’ve been wanting to run my yellow power cord from my head unit to my battery so it can store my settings for awhile now. Sucks when I turn my key off, I lose all that crap. Is there anywhere else under my dash that I can pull power out of instead of running that cord down the entire side of my boat?
Maybe try your bilge pump? Some are wired direct that way if you batteries are turned off or will still drain excess water.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score

There is already constant hot at the key.

Dan'l

Trim it up

Reaction score
Maybe I should be more specific. The only thing that works with the key “off” is my trim. I have to turn my key to the “acc” spot when the motor is off to turn on the radio. That’s when It loses its memory...going from on to off and then to “acc”. My brother has the same setup and is having someone hardwire his stereo into his trim. Sound feasible?? and will I get feedback in the speakers if I do it that way?

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Maybe I should be more specific. The only thing that works with the key “off” is my trim. I have to turn my key to the “acc” spot when the motor is off to turn on the radio. That’s when It loses its memory...going from on to off and then to “acc”. My brother has the same setup and is having someone hardwire his stereo into his trim. Sound feasible?? and will I get feedback in the speakers if I do it that way?
Someone smarter then me should answer. But I assumed you meant when you turn your battery off not the key.

Mash it up is right about the hot line to the ignition. As long as the batteries are on there will be power to key. Think of it like a light switch in your house. Power is their even when the light is off. You can tie into that and you won't lose your settings.

I'm sure there are better ways. But like I mentioned before the bilge is can be hard wired so even if your batteries are off it would still kick on.

If you do run it the trim, you will probably get feed back on the stereo but only when you engage the trim.

renodaytona

Reaction score
All you have to do is find a "constant" wire that exists in your current wiring near the stereo. Once you find that just run a wire from that to your stereo. Shouldn't be too big of a deal. If you have a "constant 12V wire" at the trim switch just tap into that, there should also be a constant for the hatch actuator and ignition as well.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
All you have to do is find a "constant" wire that exists in your current wiring near the stereo. Once you find that just run a wire from that to your stereo. Shouldn't be too big of a deal. If you have a "constant 12V wire" at the trim switch just tap into that, there should also be a constant for the hatch actuator and ignition as well.
My hatch is not constant, but your post makes me want to change that, Im adding that to the list of project while I have the boat at the house instead of storage. Somewhat of a PITA to turn the perko switch on to lift the hatch.