WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rush Limbaugh

LBsuperJET

Well-Known Inmate #1155
Reaction score
Me too. My dad was introduced to him in '91 and I have been listening to him since also. My day was going so well too.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Very sad to hear this. He was legendary. Started listening to him in middle school.

jonnyd

Reaction score
And with your final heartbeat, kiss the world goodbye and go in peace and dance on glory high, and fly to Jesus, fly to Jesus, fly to Jesus and live!

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Just announced by Rush Limbaugh's wife on the radio that Rush passed away this morning....I have been listening to him since I was a kid
I have been listening since I was a kid also. My Dad always listened when he was just on KFBK in Sacramento.

Sent From Tapatalk

westair

Reaction score
RIP Rush .... you will truly be missed, there's no one who can make sense of things the way you did..

cole_skier

Reaction score
RIP, he will definitely be missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Listener since day 1 in 1988.

Screenshot_20210217-104558_Instagram.jpg

nameisbond

Reaction score
RIP!!!!!! I called in and got on air. He was discussing Obamacare and I called in to say how poor the Canadian health system is. Called a second time, but the topic changed and I didn't get on. A producer said good point but sorry.

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
Getting ugly on Social Media. "The world is better today than it was yesterday #not sorry." was one that really stuck in my craw.

These are the people that prob never even listened to him either.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
RIP Rush. Thank you for many years of amazing broadcasting for our country.

How sad when, years ago he lost his hearing. It totally changed the sound of his speaking voice. Totally unknown to him, he actually began sounding a bit like WC Fields. Through surgeries, implants, therapy and strength he was able to regain his very recognizable and well known speaking voice. He will be missed.

squeezer

Reaction score
Getting ugly on Social Media. "The world is better today than it was yesterday #not sorry." was one that really stuck in my craw.

Lots of people listened, its the ones that heard what he was saying who are making sense now.

“I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.”

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Such a big loss of a great person. Feel like I grew up with him on the radio. He grew a large following of listeners from both parties.

Godspeed Rush

robert1050

Reaction score
Listener since day 1 also and used to video tape his TV shows. Sad day.

RIP Rush.

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
He can now RIP and not have to continue with another monologue everyday starting with "America Held Hostage, Day XXX". Godspeed Rush.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I really did not listening to him until I was fully self supporting...as in being responsible for the families of others, owning more than a house, and "being the boss". I think that was when I really started to understand what it was he was saying. He was appreciative of his supporters, and oddly tolerant of his critics. He was a legend. Like him or hate him, he had space in a lot of peoples' minds.

As for the left's disdain, what's new? They tend to show no class at any level, no matter their income or education.

My deepest condolences and respect go to his wife, Katherine. To have the ability and the words to go on air to millions today, is truly impressive.

May your voice Rest In Peace, but your words continue to echo in the ears of the political oppressors. Their days will come as well, and we all pay for our sins.

DLC

Reaction score
Any word of what caused his passing?

I listened to him everyday for a good 10 years, a company truck I drove only had am radio.... I really missed that truck after getting a different one.

RIP Rush you will be truely missed by millions of people

SKIDMARC

Reaction score

That's pretty shitty. I never really listed to him and whether you agree with his views or not you should never celebrate someone death if they didn't do anything to you.

RIP Rush.

ridebig

Reaction score
Any word of what caused his passing?

I listened to him everyday for a good 10 years, a company truck I drove only had am radio.... I really missed that truck after getting a different one.

RIP Rush you will be truely missed by millions of people
He had been fighting lung cancer for about the last year or so. FUCK CANCER!!!!

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
In 1986 I left car dealer managment and started my inspection business , In the early days I drove 4 to 5 hundred miles a day to reach the dealers and shops , I bought a new Dodge Colt "strippy" (AM ridio) which I ultimately drove close to a half million miles , My day was double clutching coffee and smoking Kools and found /dicovered Rush was a fan every since He was a genius !

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
When, I tuned into his show today and his Wife began speaking, I knew right then. I actually feel as it were a Family member.There are only two Men who Believed in and Loved This Country and it Citizens like Rush and President Trump. I learned so much from these two remarkable Americans.
I can not believe how Evil and Scum the Liberals are with their Trash Comments. There are many that when they Die, I will just Not reply rather than make a Fool of myself by trashing the Dead.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Squeezer
WTF purpose are you posting in this Thread. Fucking disrespectful moron. Same thing when the forum suddenly lost “Old Texan”. A decent man lost his life Today.
He's just doing what a liberal does and that's just being an a$$hole!!!

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1988 was Day 1 in New York. His show was a local show in NorCal starting around 1984.

Sent From Tapatalk

Yes, I know. I was referring to the syndicated show. I knew of him from friends that live in Placerville which is why I knew to tune in on day 1.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Lots of people listened, its the ones that heard what he was saying who are making sense now.

“I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.”

While I'm sure that quote triggers a lot of things in modern times.. What exactly about it do you find incorrect or misleading? Because while it's not PC it's all 100% true.

RD