WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rush Limbaugh

LBsuperJET

Well-Known Inmate #1155
Reaction score
When, I tuned into his show today and his Wife began speaking, I knew right then. I actually feel as it were a Family member.There are only two Men who Believed in and Loved This Country and it Citizens like Rush and President Trump. I learned so much from these two remarkable Americans.
I can not believe how Evil and Scum the Liberals are with their Trash Comments. There are many that when they Die, I will just Not reply rather than make a Fool of myself by trashing the Dead.
I completely agree. It was actually quite the emotional morning for me, listening to her, and everyone else that eulogized him over the day. Truly a modern founding-father to me.

LBsuperJET

Well-Known Inmate #1155
Reaction score
While I'm sure that quote triggers a lot of things in modern times.. What exactly about it do you find incorrect or misleading? Because while it's not PC it's all 100% true.

RD
While I'm sure that quote triggers a lot of things in modern times.. What exactly about it do you find incorrect or misleading? Because while it's not PC it's all 100% true.

RD
Great point Dave. Feelings are frame forward nowadays.

LBsuperJET

Well-Known Inmate #1155
Reaction score
The minute she began speaking, I had to pull over and listem,as I just "KNEW" 😢
Dude, exact same here. I was driving, was almost home from running to Lowes. Had to pull into Worthington Ford just to stop and listen.

530RL

Reaction score
Lots of people listened, its the ones that heard what he was saying who are making sense now.

“I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.”

RD

Ending life due to “complications from lung cancer” is a horrible way to go. That is how my brother died. It basically means it spreads to other organs and parts of the body and there is little they can do. Brain cancer, bone cancer....all very painful. And it ends when it gets to the point where a palliative doctor recognizes everyone has had enough and administers just enough pain medication to end it. Why we in America will not embrace euthanasia in these cases is beyond my understanding but for another time. Rest In Peace Rush and equally important, rest for the family. It is a horrible thing to go through that tens of thousands of people have to endure every year, not just the deceased but the family.

Secondly, no one should be judged by one quote. We all say shit that is taken out of context or is not reflective of our real beliefs. So I think we should give Rush a pass on this quote.

With respect to your question Dave, I’ll take a shot at it.

The Republican Party and Conservatism was founded on the belief that all men were created equal and as such the Republican Party fought slavery and fought the dissolution of the United States that the South so badly wanted in order to, amongst other things, keep their ability to own fellow humans. The thought that there was any “merit“ in slavery where the end, “slavery built the south” justifies the means, that one human should own another human, is antithetical to the the founding principles of the Republican Party and Conservatism. So his quote that slavery was not such a bad thing for 100 years is somewhat contrary to the values he spent his life promotIng. Specifically freedom, liberty and Conservatism.

So I get why people find Rush a good man.....and I get why people have problems with this quote. If life and man was simple, there would be no reason for debate. I suspect in hindsight Rush would have admitted, not his best quote.

Let’s hope Rush’s family is at peace. It is a horrible thing to go through.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Lots of people listened, its the ones that heard what he was saying who are making sense now.

“I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.”

Aren’t you a Democrat? Care to open that can of racist worms? It was only a few decades ago and you guys were still battling to restrict black rights lol

Taboma

Reaction score

RD

It's a quote from Newsone, obtained from a book by Jack Huberman, written 15 years ago, and contested and unproven as having ever been stated by Rush, which Rush himself denied ever saying.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I had to look up Jack Huberman, not an author I was familiar with. Turns out, he's a Canadian born gentleman, living in Manhattan. Judging from some of his titles, seems as though he is slightly to the left. Maybe somewhere between Bernie and Newsome? Just slightly left...

Taboma

Reaction score
Ending life due to “complications from lung cancer” is a horrible way to go. That is how my brother died. It basically means it spreads to other organs and parts of the body and there is little they can do. Brain cancer, bone cancer....all very painful. And it ends when it gets to the point where a palliative doctor recognizes everyone has had enough and administers just enough pain medication to end it. Why we in America will not embrace euthanasia in these cases is beyond my understanding but for another time. Rest In Peace Rush and equally important, rest for the family. It is a horrible thing to go through that tens of thousands of people have to endure every year, not just the deceased but the family.

Secondly, no one should be judged by one quote. We all say shit that is taken out of context or is not reflective of our real beliefs. So I think we should give Rush a pass on this quote.

With respect to your question Dave, I’ll take a shot at it.

The Republican Party and Conservatism was founded on the belief that all men were created equal and as such the Republican Party fought slavery and fought the dissolution of the United States that the South so badly wanted in order to, amongst other things, keep their ability to own fellow humans. The thought that there was any “merit“ in slavery where the end, “slavery built the south” justifies the means, that one human should own another human, is antithetical to the the founding principles of the Republican Party and Conservatism. So his quote that slavery was not such a bad thing for 100 years is somewhat contrary to the values he spent his life promotIng. Specifically freedom, liberty and Conservatism.

So I get why people find Rush a good man.....and I get why people have problems with this quote. If life and man was simple, there would be no reason for debate. I suspect in hindsight Rush would have admitted, not his best quote.

Let’s hope Rush’s family is at peace. It is a horrible thing to go through.

News One Contested Quotes.JPG

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Reading, the "Rush" history and did not ever hear of his One Month Stint on ESPN. The reasoning behind the Short Employment was the failure to keep to Sports and omit the "Everything" else. The one item stated was the on air dismissing the talent of Quarterback, Donovan McNabb. The author stated how much the NFL wanted a Successful, Black Quarterback playing NFL Football.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Reading, the "Rush" history and did not ever hear of his One Month Stint on ESPN. The reasoning behind the Short Employment was the failure to keep to Sports and omit the "Everything" else. The one item stated was the on air dismissing the talent of Quarterback, Donovan McNabb. The author stated how much the NFL wanted a Successful, Black Quarterback playing NFL Football.
Watch the video.

instagator

Reaction score
Wonder what piece of shit will try and be the new host ?

Looking Glass

Reaction score
I did listen today, and I think the plan at least for awhile is playing "The Best Of" type of programing. I Pray they do NOT SLAM Mark Steyn in there/ I swear when ever I hear his Voice, I am thankful that I do Not have a claw hammer with me, as I would remove my radio from the dash with it. His Voice is worse than fingernails on a chalk board. I swear Fox is in Love with British Accent employees. There was a period on T-V that Info Sales used British accent salesmen and I had to wonder, if the suburban housewives purchased more items from them, OR?

snowhammer

Exploratory Vacation Time
Reaction score
One vote for Steyn here, he has a great sense of humor and very knowledgeable.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
The "HOGS" on the "VIEW" today said Rush cultivated Hate in the US and they are positive he is in Hell.

What sort of TV station allows this type of Garbage on their Network? These people are beyond "EVIL"

snowhammer

Exploratory Vacation Time
Reaction score
The "HOGS" on the "VIEW" today said Rush cultivated Hate in the US and they are positive he is in Hell.

What sort of TV station allows this type of Garbage on their Network? These people are beyond "EVIL"
Answer: all of them.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
What sort of TV station allows this type of garbage on their Network? These people are beyond "EVIL"

The Walt Disney Company allows that type Garbage.

Hoodoo

Reaction score

RD

Absolutely true. Also slavery, for all its hideousness, resulted the most fortuitous displacement of any people in history. I don’t see any desire among even the poorest to migrate back to West Africa. Maybe time to ignore the race hustling poverty pimps and praise their ancestors for enduring such hardship that ultimately brought today’s generations to this place instead of wallowing in perpetual self pity.

JDKRXW

Reaction score
I swear Fox is in Love with British Accent employees.

Haha - Steyn isn't British .... he's a Canuck.
He's very smart and could probably do a great job... but I can't believe an American won't be Rush's replacement.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Haha - Steyn isn't British .... he's a Canuck.
He's very smart and could probably do a great job... but I can't believe an American won't be Rush's replacement.

They gave the time slot to Dan Bongino right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score

There is no "time slot" realy, just hundreds of individual syndication contracts.

I think Bongino filled in for a while, but all the markets will end up filling in different programming. There will never be another radio person to fill his shoes.

LBsuperJET

Well-Known Inmate #1155
Reaction score

No, I believe it is a show with Buck Sexton and another guy. Dont remember the name but I have listened several times and it is pretty good. NOT RUSH, but pretty good.

Nordie

Reaction score
No, I believe it is a show with Buck Sexton and another guy. Dont remember the name but I have listened several times and it is pretty good. NOT RUSH, but pretty good.
Buck Sexton and Clay Travis, I'm listening to yesterday's show now. I used to listen to Clay Travis on his sports talk show, and suddenly he got really really political. He talked to Trump twice and DeSantis once, and I figured he was on to bigger and better things. Then he finally dropped that him and Buck were going to be doing their show in Rushs time slot.