WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Russia and Ukraine

retaocleg

Reaction score

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I'm not saying the US didn't do it, I just think they'd be smarter than using something that could leave evidence like a return address label. Seems like a couple of charges could be placed and much less remnants to find?

retaocleg

Reaction score
I'm not saying the US didn't do it, I just think they'd be smarter than using something that could leave evidence like a return address label. Seems like a couple of charges could be placed and much less remnants to find?
agreed........propaganda is heavy on both sides........first casualty in war is the truth
this is what censorship and propaganda create, people looking elsewhere for info......

spectras only

Reaction score

"This Ukraine crisis that we're in right now, this is just the warmup," Navy Adm. Charles A. Richard, commander of Stratcom, said. "The big one is coming. And it isn't going to be very long before we're going to get tested in ways that we haven't been tested a long time."

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

"This Ukraine crisis that we're in right now, this is just the warmup," Navy Adm. Charles A. Richard, commander of Stratcom, said. "The big one is coming. And it isn't going to be very long before we're going to get tested in ways that we haven't been tested a long time."
Doesn't that sound promising?

On the other end of the lines, last week it came out that China has hired an unknown number of ex-Brit pilots to help with their fighter pilot training. Also, they finally brought a few of the new Chinese stealth fighters to an airshow. Known to be in existence since 2014, but China had not let them be publicly scrutinized. Why now?

Wedgy

Reaction score
Produced by NImbleRod Productions. We always leave a little piece of Booty behind.
Watching war on TV/Electronic media sure has changed. Where's the "Body Count"?
This is a far cry from the war footage shot and aired by embedded reporters in Vietnam.
If The War Pigs want War Bucks to keep flowing, they really need to step up their game.

Parody. /\ Not Parody. V

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Produced by NImbleRod Productions. We always leave a little piece of Booty behind.
Watching war on TV/Electronic media sure has changed. Where's the "Body Count"?
This is a far cry from the war footage shot and aired by embedded reporters in Vietnam.
If The War Pigs want War Bucks to keep flowing, they really need to step up their game.
Both sides are quick to post when there are civilian casualties, but pretty reluctant to admit to losses of soldiers.
Seen bodies of both sides, no such thing as an immortal on this earth.

Wedgy

Reaction score
You're right. Just an dark humor observation of ridiculous. War is Bloody Hell.
Kids watching the U.S. numbers on the 6 o'clock news, night after night, week after week, year after years growing up. Big impact. It's all relevant of course, the numbers on both sides. I guess Irony would have been a better term, how media scripts the sale of war now. It's not reporting any more.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
You're right. Just an dark humor observation of ridiculous. War is Bloody Hell.
Kids watching the U.S. numbers on the 6 o'clock news, night after night, week after week, year after years growing up. Big impact. It's all relevant of course, the numbers on both sides. I guess Irony would have been a better term, how media scripts the sale of war now. It's not reporting any more.
It's sad really. Society doesn't hear or care how many die each day in our own country. The media tells them what to think, and they do. Never do they question the world around them. With the elections going as they are here in AZ, pondering a move to Brazil. At least they stand up.

just_floatin

Reaction score
F41FF91F-9E38-4F12-A935-440A9D9AC1C0.jpeg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Well, the major nuke plant that is under Russian control is under pretty heavy shelling...by the Ukraine forces I assume. Probably in retaliation for Russia targeting their infrastructure. No radiation leaks as of yet, but the international nuke people are asking both sides to stand down.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Well, the major nuke plant that is under Russian control is under pretty heavy shelling...by the Ukraine forces I assume. Probably in retaliation for Russia targeting their infrastructure. No radiation leaks as of yet, but the international nuke people are asking both sides to stand down.

1669003620344.png

confused glasses man .gif

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Perusing through some less than popular sites tonight. There was a link to a Ukrainian news release showing their new mercs from the US, "Mozart Group". Headed by a "retired" Marine Lt.Col. Most their troops are former special forces. According to them, they are privately funded by "Wealthy Americans of Jewish Ukrainian decent". CBS did a release on them as well as a few others.

Another news post showed the bodies of several Russian or DPR soldiers, laid in a row. First release was they died from an artillery strike, and were found like this...all face down in a row. One of the Ukrainian soldiers posted video on social media though, of the 9 soldiers laying down in surrender, when the 10th drew and fired. Video cut then.
Bodies were left, Russian drone videos showing the blood trails from head wounds, are being shown across Russian channels with the same social media clip.

On a side note, two of the guys involved in the shooting have been ID'd. Social media makes that easy. The problem is, in one of the previous posts the guy made, is him, the other ID'd shooter...and an American from Colorado. His name, and when he entered the country, are on multiple sources as well.

Starting to think this is Afghanistan 2.0. Not the "War on Terror", I mean 1979. The US funding and training obvious problem children for the joy of pissing off Russia, and financial gain. That worked out really well...

Wedgy

Reaction score
Mujahideen 2.0...
Blood and Money. Not only the blood, the torrential flow of money into this war from the US treasury is obscene. Add in the FTX debacle, House of Cards. Reagan bankrupted the Soviet Union, Jao Bi den, "Here, hold my beer..." Only it won't be them only, this time around.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Mujahideen 2.0...
Blood and Money. Not only the blood, the torrential flow of money into this war from the US treasury is obscene. Add in the FTX debacle, House of Cards. Reagan bankrupted the Soviet Union, Jao Bi den, "Here, hold my beer..." Only it won't be them only, this time around.
Yes, the financial fall of the Soviet Union does come to mind. Reagan, and Thatcher as well I assume. Now it seems Pooh Bear doing it from one side, Putin from the other, and our leadership being general where's, taking the money to be tag teamed.

Wedgy

Reaction score
The current conflict seems strangely aligned with the perpetual necessary Evil adversary described in George Orwell's 1984. War is Peace. Groupthink. Or else. Russia Russia Russia...

spectras only

Reaction score
As a young [ 10 at the time ] lad, experiencing the 1956 Hungarian Revolution against Russian oppression, I'm no fan of either Russia or Ukraine obviously. I'd like some of you to read this piece if you have a few minutes. We can all hate Putin and his people, but there's some legitimate reason behind what started this situation in Ukraine by Russia.

excerpts from the article.
government elites, intelligence community, and the military establishment—has spent decades threatening and provoking Russia by pushing NATO up against their border.
In 1990, as the Soviet Union was beginning to break apart and the possibility of peace throughout most of the world was in sight, the United States—in no less a personage than James Baker, U.S. secretary of State—pledged that NATO would not move eastward toward the Russian border.
At that point, it had been less than 50 years since Russia had been invaded. The horror of the Second World War cost the Russian people an estimated 25 to 35 million lives.
Since Americans have never experienced a foreign invasion, they have no concept of that horror. (The war of 1812 was a brief and small fight.)
Secretary of State Baker did the right thing to assuage a legitimate fear and facilitate the breakup and the freeing of hundreds of millions of people captive in the Soviet system. But before the ink was dry, the U.S. foreign policy establishment as expressed in NATO and the E.U. began breaking its word.
The elites in the U.S. and Europe put together a plan to expand NATO all the way to the borders of Russia. This cynical move openly ignored and violated the West's pledge.
The view, bluntly stated, is that expanding NATO would be the most fateful error of American policy in the entire post-cold-war era.
''I think it is the beginning of a new cold war,'' said Mr. Kennan from his Princeton home. ''I think the Russians will gradually react quite adversely and it will affect their policies. I think it is a tragic mistake.
In 2000, Vladimir Putin was elected president. Since the bombing of Serbia, America and NATO's participation in wars and the willful wreckage of other countries such as Yugoslavia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria, and a number of countries in Africa, Central, and South America, has not gone unnoticed by the Russian leadership.
No serious person in Washington can say they were not warned of the impact of their power-lust in expanding NATO. But the lie continues.
William Burns, Biden's director of the CIA—the agency charged with knowing how other nations will act and react—has had a ringside seat on Russian and NATO policy for more than 30 years. In 1990, Burns served under Secretary of State James Baker in a planning role during the period when Baker made the pledge to Russia that NATO would not advance past the borders of the newly reunited Germany.
The intensity of Russia's antipathy to the expansion of NATO toward their border, and Ukraine in particular, was accentuated in a 2008 report by Burns—at that time U.S. ambassador to the Russian Federation—to Bush II Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice: "Ukrainian entry into NATO is the brightest of all redlines for the Russian elite (not just Putin)
.Even if Biden’s CIA director was not able to bring his extensive experience to bear this year, others in the State Department knew full well how Russia would react to open moves to add Ukraine to the membership rolls of NATO. Yet Victoria Nuland, mandarin in the neocon ranks of the foreign policy establishment and State Department, in 2013 boasted that the U.S. had spent more than $5 billion promoting pro-Western "civil society" groups in Ukraine since the end of the Cold War.
After numerous rebuffed Russian diplomatic overtures to resolve the dangers posed by an unfriendly and NATO-armed Ukraine, Russia did act—as Kennan, Burns, and others predicted. The Russians moved in 2014 to defend their southern border. By supporting local Russian-speaking separatists, Russia was able to secure Crimea, a peninsula that had been central to the Russian Navy for 300 years. Did they go further? No. Did they start a full-on war? No. But they did as they had promised and moved to defend their nation’s southern front.
Read on

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
As a young [ 10 at the time ] lad, experiencing the 1956 Hungarian Revolution against Russian oppression, I'm no fan of either Russia or Ukraine obviously. I'd like some of you to read this piece if you have a few minutes. We can all hate Putin and his people, but there's some legitimate reason behind what started this situation in Ukraine by Russia.

excerpts from the article.
government elites, intelligence community, and the military establishment—has spent decades threatening and provoking Russia by pushing NATO up against their border.
In 1990, as the Soviet Union was beginning to break apart and the possibility of peace throughout most of the world was in sight, the United States—in no less a personage than James Baker, U.S. secretary of State—pledged that NATO would not move eastward toward the Russian border.
At that point, it had been less than 50 years since Russia had been invaded. The horror of the Second World War cost the Russian people an estimated 25 to 35 million lives.
Since Americans have never experienced a foreign invasion, they have no concept of that horror. (The war of 1812 was a brief and small fight.)
Secretary of State Baker did the right thing to assuage a legitimate fear and facilitate the breakup and the freeing of hundreds of millions of people captive in the Soviet system. But before the ink was dry, the U.S. foreign policy establishment as expressed in NATO and the E.U. began breaking its word.
The elites in the U.S. and Europe put together a plan to expand NATO all the way to the borders of Russia. This cynical move openly ignored and violated the West's pledge.
The view, bluntly stated, is that expanding NATO would be the most fateful error of American policy in the entire post-cold-war era.
''I think it is the beginning of a new cold war,'' said Mr. Kennan from his Princeton home. ''I think the Russians will gradually react quite adversely and it will affect their policies. I think it is a tragic mistake.
In 2000, Vladimir Putin was elected president. Since the bombing of Serbia, America and NATO's participation in wars and the willful wreckage of other countries such as Yugoslavia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria, and a number of countries in Africa, Central, and South America, has not gone unnoticed by the Russian leadership.
No serious person in Washington can say they were not warned of the impact of their power-lust in expanding NATO. But the lie continues.
William Burns, Biden's director of the CIA—the agency charged with knowing how other nations will act and react—has had a ringside seat on Russian and NATO policy for more than 30 years. In 1990, Burns served under Secretary of State James Baker in a planning role during the period when Baker made the pledge to Russia that NATO would not advance past the borders of the newly reunited Germany.
The intensity of Russia's antipathy to the expansion of NATO toward their border, and Ukraine in particular, was accentuated in a 2008 report by Burns—at that time U.S. ambassador to the Russian Federation—to Bush II Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice: "Ukrainian entry into NATO is the brightest of all redlines for the Russian elite (not just Putin)
.Even if Biden’s CIA director was not able to bring his extensive experience to bear this year, others in the State Department knew full well how Russia would react to open moves to add Ukraine to the membership rolls of NATO. Yet Victoria Nuland, mandarin in the neocon ranks of the foreign policy establishment and State Department, in 2013 boasted that the U.S. had spent more than $5 billion promoting pro-Western "civil society" groups in Ukraine since the end of the Cold War.
After numerous rebuffed Russian diplomatic overtures to resolve the dangers posed by an unfriendly and NATO-armed Ukraine, Russia did act—as Kennan, Burns, and others predicted. The Russians moved in 2014 to defend their southern border. By supporting local Russian-speaking separatists, Russia was able to secure Crimea, a peninsula that had been central to the Russian Navy for 300 years. Did they go further? No. Did they start a full-on war? No. But they did as they had promised and moved to defend their nation’s southern front.
Read on
If you bring facts into the argument, people call you Pro Russian. You, I can certainly say, are not...and yet you can still have a realistic view.

In the past, the US has funded and trained extremists to fight. It seems this is no different. The left here in the US call Republicans "Nazis" and "Fascists"...while sending billions to fund those people in another country.

At some point, Russia will grow angry, and attempt to stop the puppet master.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Chris Naganuma of Arvada Colorado was the American ID'd with the the guys being hunted for the mass execution of surrendering Russians.

Russia went to the UN prosecutor general, and was told their soldiers were guilty of perfidy. Essentially, the guys laying down were fair game. Obviously, troops on the ground were already pissed, but now have probably been given the go ahead for pretty much anything. This weekend, one of those ID'd, kind of looked like Freddy Mercury, died in battle.
Our fellow citizen, Nagunama, was reported as leaving Ukraine yesterday, stated "in route back to the states" on social media. Also photo'd wearing a ballcap "Forward Observation Group". FOG is another contractor group, like Mozart. Supposedly all humanitarian and such, but all seem to be combat vets and always pictured in tactical gear and heavily armed...

JDKRXW

Reaction score

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
In regards to war being ugly...When Russia took Crimea, Ukraine cut the irrigation water to the farms in the region. Major food issues, but that was more on Russia I'd think.

Now, in 2014, when this current fuckery started, Ukrainian government cut off gas, electricity and what water they had control of, to the areas trying to leave. If they felt those were their citizens, pretty messed up.

The major bombing runs last week seem to have come on the heels of NATO labeling Russia a "sponsor of terror".

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
In regards to war being ugly...When Russia took Crimea, Ukraine cut the irrigation water to the farms in the region. Major food issues, but that was more on Russia I'd think.

Now, in 2014, when this current fuckery started, Ukrainian government cut off gas, electricity and what water they had control of, to the areas trying to leave. If they felt those were their citizens, pretty messed up.

The major bombing runs last week seem to have come on the heels of NATO labeling Russia a "sponsor of terror".

If I was Vlad, I wouldn’t stop.

Look at this.

And dumb fucks across this nation will continue to support their money laundering. 😆

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
If I was Vlad, I wouldn’t stop.

Look at this.

And dumb fucks across this nation will continue to support their money laundering. 😆
I'm thinking Volodomere has pretty much outlived his usefulness. He's getting to brazen with his begging to the media. He'll be replaced, just as he did his predecessor. All puppets, easily replaced with another mouthpiece.

retaocleg

Reaction score
just a reminder........things in ukraine went south after the west helped overthrow ukraines govt in 2014, then it escalated to fever pitch till obamas last day........then poof, all goes quiet during trump......then the minute biden gets in, back to fever pitch, escalates to brink of ww3............. shenanigans!

bonesfab

Reaction score
just a reminder........things in ukraine went south after the west helped overthrow ukraines govt in 2014, then it escalated to fever pitch till obamas last day........then poof, all goes quiet during trump......then the minute biden gets in, back to fever pitch, escalates to brink of ww3............. shenanigans!
Just some minor coincidences going on there. nothing to see. But they impeached Trump over a phone call to Ukraine.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
"Weapons shipped [by various countries] to Ukraine have also been found in Sweden, Denmark and the Netherlands," NBI Detective Superintendent Christer Ahlgren was quoted in the Finnish media as saying. Good job, allies of Ukraine👍
Also came across the wire that the US Navy intercepted a shipment headed to Yemen today.
Not even arms dealers....like the "Gun Fairy" giving weapons to all the boys and girls.
Nothing like arming the groups that want us dead.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I thought that was all fixed after Obama’s Fast and Furious scandal.
Fixed? Improved upon!

That was just a handful of guns to drug dealers south of here. A mild warm up in comparison. This is thousands of weapons, from rifles to rockets, distributed globally to our enemies. This is Fast and Furious mixed with Afghanistan and a little crack sprinkled in...

If all countries are equally armed, they're easier to control. We have less, they have more. Global communism maybe?

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score

Ending the war in Ukraine could come down to speed — how quickly the White House and Congress can authorize spending on weapons and how fast manufacturers can build them and get them to where they are needed.

The last contract signed with Raytheon Technologies — parent company of Cedar Rapids’ largest employer, Collins Aerospace — from the U.S. Department of Defense for Stinger missiles, for example, was in 2002, according to Greg Hayes, Raytheon CEO and chairman.

Hayes referred to the Stinger and Javelin missile systems — both built by Raytheon — as the “co-MVPs” during the early part of the Ukraine war.

However, he noted the first 10 months of the war used up 13 years of Stingers and five years of Javelins.

🖕

Sandlord

Reaction score

Ending the war in Ukraine could come down to speed — how quickly the White House and Congress can authorize spending on weapons and how fast manufacturers can build them and get them to where they are needed.

The last contract signed with Raytheon Technologies — parent company of Cedar Rapids’ largest employer, Collins Aerospace — from the U.S. Department of Defense for Stinger missiles, for example, was in 2002, according to Greg Hayes, Raytheon CEO and chairman.

Hayes referred to the Stinger and Javelin missile systems — both built by Raytheon — as the “co-MVPs” during the early part of the Ukraine war.

However, he noted the first 10 months of the war used up 13 years of Stingers and five years of Javelins.

🖕
Raytheon is replenishing as fast as they can. They’ve built new facilities, and are building more here.
And they’ve hired about 10K employees and still hiring. Sign on bonus is significant, move package too.