WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rust stains on drive way under toy hauler

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
Anyone know why I have rust stains forming under my toy hauler on the concrete driveway just below where the 2 6 volt batteries sit? My last trailer did it too. Why?

4Waters

Reaction score
Anyone know why I have rust stains forming under my toy hauler on the concrete driveway just below where the 2 6 volt batteries sit? My last trailer did it too. Why?
You mean like this?

20200413_193534.jpg

4Waters

Reaction score
Going out on a limb, going to say acid venting. My golf cart at the river did the same thing.
Thats my guess, my wife's battery got a small crack in it and I have been washing it out ever since, I think I might have finally got it all washed out now.

I'm a stickler about battery cables, so easy to keep clean but most overlooked during maintenance, mine look like this 98%of the time.

battery-corrosion.jpg

charlyox

Reaction score
Any tips on how to get rid of them? I have tried everything.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Any tips on how to get rid of them? I have tried everything.

ditto. i have a handful of circles on my driveway from when a trailer was parked there. ive tried wire brush, power washing, etc. they dont budge.

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
Acid:
(1) Chrome wheel from a good detail supply place (mix with water, experiment with mix may need to go full strength)
(2) Pool acid, Muratic. Do not use full strength add mostly water.
Let us know what worked

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Works toilet bowl cleaner and a push broom will get rid of the rust stains. As for as what is causing it. It's the brakes/rotors on the car. Top quality chinese castings.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Acid the and use a stainless brush. I learned that sometimes a steel brush can oxidize and almost drive the stain deeper.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
There is a product for removing rust from concrete. Forget the name but it's a powder and then you make a paste. Brush it on, removes the rust, but doesn't dis color concrete. I am pretty sure it's just citric acid though. I have some at home that I'm going to take to work and compare with the commercial stuff.

Mototrig

Reaction score
Mix a tablespoon of baking into an 8oz solo cup of water. Pour said mixture over each battery to neutralize any vented battery acid. Wait 10 minutes and rinse with regular water, dry with a shop towel. Do this once a year or so. This will stop the acid from eating away at the frame.

Don't forget to coat your connectors with an anti-oxidant compound afterwards.

DLC

Reaction score
My good friend google says to try
CLR
Vinegar
WD40

B4B60941-E2E8-4FA5-A6A9-8CA84C3B2C0A.png

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Acid:
(1) Chrome wheel from a good detail supply place (mix with water, experiment with mix may need to go full strength)
Let us know what worked
The acid works great but then you will have a whiter spot on the concrete.

4Waters

Reaction score
Mix a tablespoon of baking into an 8oz solo cup of water. Pour said mixture over each battery to neutralize any vented battery acid. Wait 10 minutes and rinse with regular water, dry with a shop towel. Do this once a year or so. This will stop the acid from eating away at the frame.

Don't forget to coat your connectors with an anti-oxidant compound afterwards.
This shit.

a81f3cbc-f8a0-4cb9-b2a9-e43abc6a3b48.__CR0,0,400,400_PT0_SX300_V1___.jpg

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
This will do the trick. I have a business that does industrial cleaning. This shit works. F9 Barc. We buy it in 55 gallon drums. But they sell small bottles online.

Finally made it

Reaction score
Acid:
Let us know what worked

WARNING. Never add water to acid.....Always add acid to water..

77charger

Reaction score
Yup get the same deal under mine too i put a board under them last rain after i cleaned the mess shit just ran off the board and into anew spot.

As for cleaning muratic acid does great cleans driveway too.I tried clr didnt do crap.Tip clean as soon as posssible and cover the batterys before next rain with a tarp or something.