WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

**RV, + 2 CAR+ CASITA BUILD …**

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I'm in the design stage right now,... it's a garage I designed and built about 10 yrs ago,... it's going on the nelson ln compound...here's the plan before it gets revised...
DSC05023.JPG
DSC05023 (2).JPG
DSC05023.JPG
DSC05023 (2).JPG

Attachments

• DSC05023 (2).JPG
    DSC05023 (2).JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 187

NicPaus

Reaction score
Thats similar to what I want to build in my yard. ADU 1200 SQ FT plus 2 car and biggest RV garage i can fit.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
this is gonna go on the rear lot behind the little house on nelson,... the rule/ law is ,... it can't be bigger than 1000 sq ft.. or bigger than 50 of the main house... so I'm limited to about 450 sq ft on the casita..

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
so the plan is to build a 13'6'' x 25' ,... with a 12' x 13'6'' loft the kitchen will be about 8'x8' ,and the down bath 5'x 8'

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
When a bare bones 50x18 storage unit goes for $70k+, I don't think you're getting what he posted for anything close to $150k.
I WOULD THINK YOU COULD BUILD A GARAGE FOR UNDER 100 BUCKS A FOOT....WE'LL SEE...

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
that's about 60 bucks a foot...another "we'll see"
How about under 200k range, lol
Don’t know why there isn’t storage condo communities being built out there.
Place for toys and lay your head, or toys and friends n family can stay there.
Community pool, on site 24hr security.

Been waiting to see status of units on north end like this.

Community

Reaction score
I want to see the plans of the 21 car garage with a small house attached. Seen it on here via best of facebook thread I believe and asked but could not find it. A double RV garage rollups at both ends on one a bunch of windows to make it look like a home vs storage unit and full hookups would be awesome! Guests w RVs could camp in there while visiting and could come inside for meals, entertainment etc.....

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Huge thanks to Damon La Blue, is doing the plans for us and so far... awesome to work with,, he will design you ideas, and make it build able...

Attachments

• A-1-Layout1[3813].pdf
    131.8 KB · Views: 182

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
soooo, some changes already, Damon sudjusted to bump the casita section out 2' more, made sense, so that'll happen,... I have to stay under 450 sq ft on the ground floor per havasu code... the upstairs patio has an unobstructed full view of havasu and the lake,... can't wait to get going on this...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
as it is right now, got the finished plans back from Damon, and have truss calcs being done...gonna drag my feet alittle here as I feel lumber prices will take a big drop....we'll see...when truss calcs are done we will submit for permit...I'm more focased on the finish of the house next door right now...

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
as it is right now, got the finished plans back from Damon, and have truss calcs being done...gonna drag my feet alittle here as I feel lumber prices will take a big drop....we'll see...when truss calcs are done we will submit for permit...I'm more focased on the finish of the house next door right now...

When do you think that lumber might be coming down? I have one friend that thinks it could happen some time in the first quarter of 2021. I am looking to start some time in March.

I should have the structural calcs the second week of Dec. Not sure on the truss calcs I have a lead but not 100% yet. Do you have a contact in case the one I have falls through?

I hope to have everything to the city before Christmas.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I think the same on the lumber, but it will be a slow down turn..and trusses in havasu come from silver state I think,.. got richard handling right now..

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
When do you think that lumber might be coming down? I have one friend that thinks it could happen some time in the first quarter of 2021. I am looking to start some time in March.

I should have the structural calcs the second week of Dec. Not sure on the truss calcs I have a lead but not 100% yet. Do you have a contact in case the one I have falls through?

I hope to have everything to the city before Christmas.

Living in Oregon (HUGE lumber producer) and having some inside knowledge from the mills and logging outfits, everything points to late Q1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Living in Oregon (HUGE lumber producer) and having some inside knowledge from the mills and logging outfits, everything points to late Q1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the information!!!

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Does the size of garage at 40' outside to outside limit potential buyers in the future? Why not make it a 48' or 50' neat inside, so someone could fit a 40 or 42' pusher in the garage? Love the plan and idea, looking forward to seeing you build this one out.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Does the size of garage at 40' outside to outside limit potential buyers in the future? Why not make it a 48' or 50' neat inside, so someone could fit a 40 or 42' pusher in the garage? Love the plan and idea, looking forward to seeing you build this one out.

I’d have to say that is the space that Steve has on the back side of the property. If I am correct this unit is on the back side of the the house that he rents to his sister or SIL. It is limited in the space available. This is his own little storage unit and we all know that he likes high top vans these days. LOL

Reactions: DWC

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
this is a third building on my compound, though it's legally 2 lots, which is why I'm able to put the 3rd building... the main house has a 65'(I think deep garage) w/ 14' door... I still need a 40'r so RV in one , pontoon in the other....the 40'r will have a RV pad along the side... that way if I want to put a tennant in the new house, I wlll still have the casita for my vacation use... with the casita, I can drive to havasu in my van,and use it to lanch the pontoon, or the ford f150 4x4 that stays there on the property.. so all I really need is space to park the toon, and a little garage for my ford..

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I also have a 50 amp power RV pad there away from where the garage is going... so when done,... I should be able to have 4 rvs parked on the property, not counting whats in the garages...

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I also have a 50 amp power RV pad there away from where the garage is going... so when done,... I should be able to have 4 rvs parked on the property, not counting whats in the garages...

Are you using this as a parking lot for your RVs that are for sale? :)

This house concept sounds awesome.

Singleton

Reaction score
Are you using this as a parking lot for your RVs that are for sale? :)

This house concept sounds awesome.

allows all his kids to visit with their RV’s
Steve is thinking long term on this build. Family compound vacation retreat.

evantwheeler

Reaction score
this is a third building on my compound, though it's legally 2 lots, which is why I'm able to put the 3rd building... the main house has a 65'(I think deep garage) w/ 14' door... I still need a 40'r so RV in one , pontoon in the other....the 40'r will have a RV pad along the side... that way if I want to put a tennant in the new house, I wlll still have the casita for my vacation use... with the casita, I can drive to havasu in my van,and use it to lanch the pontoon, or the ford f150 4x4 that stays there on the property.. so all I really need is space to park the toon, and a little garage for my ford..

Got it. Thought this was the main house being framed now. Probably could have figured that out if I read the thread again. It's hard to keep up with you. You get more shit done in a week than I do in a year.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
allows all his kids to visit with their RV’s
Steve is thinking long term on this build. Family compound vacation retreat.
pretty much spot on, also,... I might turn the new home into a snow bird resort... leaving me the house for the summers, and the casita for winter visits ... I keep thinking of all the angles and they constantly change... but the one thing you never have enough of is parking and garage space...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I have the garage set back 25' off the side property line to the right (next to the rv garage).. I can add another 20' x 60' garage to the 40'r

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
still working on this plan....here's the revised plan,...

DSC05133 (1).JPG
DSC05133.JPG
DSC05134.JPG
DSC05135.JPG
DSC05136.JPG
DSC05137.JPG