WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RV Camping at Yosemite

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Decided to take the 5th wheel instead of staying in a cabin or hotel. Anyone familiar with the "good" camp areas in/near the park?
We are heading out right after Memorial day weekend.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
We stayed at bass lake RV park. It was outside the work.

Wayn-o

Reaction score
I have stayed at Tuolome Meadows above the valley. Really cool area up there. Bears and deer walking through the campground.

welldigger00

Reaction score
Check availability for the size of your rig. Mine is 38’, and as I remember when we wanted to book a spot, there was just a handfull available for that size.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

707dog

Reaction score
following this was we plan to do the same next year

Ricks raft

Reaction score
Couple camps in the park, valley floor. Next closest is cedar lodge rv in el portal, nothing special but only 10 miles to park. Next closest would be bass lake or Mariposa. Here in Mariposa they replaced the koa with a airstream glamping park🤔. We have camping at our fairgrounds, nothing speacial but we our a nice small country town couple gold rush museums, nice history and 30 mins to the park. If you decide not to camp there is a ton of vacay rentals.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Check availability for the size of your rig. Mine is 38’, and as I remember when we wanted to book a spot, there was just a handfull available for that size.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
One of the reasons I bought this model 5th wheel, 35'10". My weekend warrior was 40'.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
I have stayed at Tuolome Meadows above the valley. Really cool area up there. Bears and deer walking through the campground.
Over 8k elevation...

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I’ve camped at Upper Pines on the valley floor a few times. Never a disappointment staying there or in the valley.

Outside the park I did Yosemite Pines RV Resort a couple times. It was fine and an easy drive into the park.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I recommend breaking down in the park and having to have it repaired in the park. Great place to stay. LOL. One of the times that we went with the parents the rig broke down. The view was great sink we could see the falls and it was right in the middle of everything. The other time we did it like everyone else and had a camp ground near a stream outside the park and drove in the tow vehicle to see everything.

Have a good time!!!

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
I recommend breaking down in the park and having to have it repaired in the park. Great place to stay. LOL. One of the times that we went with the parents the rig broke down. The view was great sink we could see the falls and it was right in the middle of everything. The other time we did it like everyone else and had a camp ground near a stream outside the park and drove in the tow vehicle to see everything.

Have a good time!!!
Any particular place to have a breakdown? LOL

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Any particular place to have a breakdown? LOL

LOL. We were going down towards the south exit to the campground and the breaks began to fade. Ended up grabbing the emergency brake and a spot off the side of the road.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
LOL. We were going down towards the south exit to the campground and the breaks began to fade. Ended up grabbing the emergency brake and a spot off the side of the road.
I will be taking my Ford 6.0, so I think I could pull off a breakdown anywhere..