WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RV Financing

cicchetti_24

Reaction score
Hey everyone looking for someone who does RV financing?

My cousin in Oregon is looking at an RV and called me to see if I knew anyone. So I figured I would see who RDP'rs recommend.

Riley1

Reaction score
When we bought ours (RV was 8 years old at the time) we got a loan with LBS Financial. Not very good terms though. Lenders do not like RV's older than 7 years just like boats.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Check Costco- They work work with Essex and have good rates. This is who we used and they made it as painless as possible.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Have fun with them! If you get a return call...

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Had bank of the west on a car note, decided to sell the car so paid the note off, took 2 months for them to release the Lien on the (electronic) title... Calling multiple times and going to a branch in person and sitting with the branch manager made absolutely no difference at all. Apparently it's a common issue with them and happens all the time. Made selling the car a PITA... Used Mountain America on the RV I purchased this summer, good rates and no issues this far.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
I would finance with a credit union.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I have a rv for sell right now, and sold one one time to a private party once where they got financing,.. once we agreed on price and it was considered sold, it was constant hoop jumping to get the financing.. total of about 3 weeks before I got a check,... I had total trust in the buyer, so I released the RV with reciept of the check before the funds cleared ( bank put a 10 day hold on the funds) .i'VE HAD 2 buyers on the one I have for sale right now, both walked when I said funds have to clear before I release the coach,.. which puts me in the OCM situation, have a dealer sell it, then still have to wait for the funds,.. but at that point you don't have clear funds but you also don't have the rv or the title.. spooky deal because you have nothing to fall back on...some one can be traveling across country in your RV, decide not to sign the papers, or wanna back out...now you are in a mess,..the same has happened with my tri toons,,,cash buyers wanna buy a new toon for 30 or 40k ,90k from a dealer... credit buyer will pay what ever the bank will give with no down, as in, show that I'm putting 20k down so I can get the loan, but I'm not coming out of pocket with any thing....

Last edited:

just_floatin

Reaction score
Try US Bank. I financed at 2.99% a couple years back. Also keep in mind an RV is considered a second home so check in with your CPA to review writing off the interest with your yearly taxes. 😀

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Had bank of the west on a car note, decided to sell the car so paid the note off, took 2 months for them to release the Lien on the (electronic) title... Calling multiple times and going to a branch in person and sitting with the branch manager made absolutely no difference at all. Apparently it's a common issue with them and happens all the time. Made selling the car a PITA... Used Mountain America on the RV I purchased this summer, good rates and no issues this far.
I got into a deal one time, wanted to buy this guys boat bad, went there to pay (so-cal) , the loan was with wells fargo, we both banked there..I didn't find out about the loan till the last minute, ... we go to the bank, and just like I told him,.. the branch doesn't have the title, it's in phoenix at the title dept..I do the deal, and the shit show starts,...takes about 4 weeks to get the title, New problem....title gets mailed to his last address, (to his ex wife) ... she gets wind of the deal, he gas divorce papers showing it's his, but she wants him to give her 1/2 of the money or she's keeping the title,... he refuses ... shit show gets hairy... he says the only way he'll get the title from her is to give her 30 and he's not gonna do it...so all in it's been about 2 months,.... so beings it was done in Cal, I had to go to san Bernardino to get a lawyer, cost me a 5k retainer to start the suit..so , lets say it's been 4 months now, maybe longer,.. so now the fun starts,..he gets a lawyer that replies that he did nothing wrong, acted in good faith, and owed me nothing..and owed her nothing,.. so now,.. I have to add her to the suit,...made everything better as he was pretty much judgement proof..but not her... she had all his stuff..so now the lawyer says to me. how far you wanna take this??? even if you get a judgement,... good luck trying to collect on it.. so now,.. we all have to go to court,..and I have to drive there.....my lawyer says, most likely the will keep postponing the case...

I got lucky on this deal, the guy gave the ex some money for the title, and paid the lawyer fees... and I ended up with a title.. all in it took about 8 mo.