WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rv garage quote-

scottchbrite

Reaction score
I'm betting the price for Lumber Will drop next year.
I hope so! Along with concrete and copper wire so I can finish my garage/shop. I compared prices of materials when I built my house less than 2 years ago, to now, and was floored.

PDQH20

Reaction score
Have you priced materials lately? I’m sure there’s some increase in labor, but lumber, for instance, is ridiculous right now.

Concrete is it of this world right now, too, at least in North TX. Building a 30 x 60 steel barn with two rollup doors and a 12' lean-to on each side. Concrete is close to half of the cost.

petie6464

Reaction score
They aren't gouging per say, materials are high and people are bending over for a good reaming, lining up for it and loving it.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Concrete is it of this world right now, too, at least in North TX. Building a 30 x 60 steel barn with two rollup doors and a 12' lean-to on each side. Concrete is close to half of the cost.

There is NO Excuse for that either other than Demand. I have talked to suppliers from the Midwest to ourt here and all agree shoulld settle down next year after many Questions are answered with the Election.👍

petie6464

Reaction score
When one willingly asks to get a pipe job its mutual consent. 😉

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Had a guy tell me he went in for colonoscopy this week.. he thought the doctor had awful big fingers, but couldn’t quite figure out how he was doing it when he looked left and saw one hand on his shoulder, than looked right and saw the other! Lol

Blown Lavey

Mid week boating anyone..
Reaction score
Well this certainly went off the rails 😆. I couldn’t pull the trigger at today’s construction prices so I bought 2 50 ft deep storage units. If and when the greed stops wtih these builders I will revisit the build again.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Have you priced materials lately? I’m sure there’s some increase in labor, but lumber, for instance, is ridiculous right now.

Yep. I paid $5.48 each for 2" x 4" x 96" yesterday at Home Depot. That's almost 2X what it was just a few years ago. :eek:

Spot

Reaction score
Unfortunately supply and demand drives the market in Havasu. All the really quality contractors are very expensive. I met a couple on the lake building a super large and expensive home that were bringing in contractors from Phoenix and Vegas to finish their home. It was still cheaper to bring them in and pay lodging than using the Havasu crews who normally booked for several months.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
A 2x6 is nearly $10 nowadays. It's crazy. I'm working on plans to build a four unit project and seriously thinking about delaying it a year.

I know a guy building a house and the price of just lumber for the structure went up 30k. Needless to say he is holding off until things get back on track with hopes lumber prices fall.

Crazy

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I know a guy building a house and the price of just lumber for the structure went up 30k. Needless to say he is holding off until things get back on track with hopes lumber prices fall.

Crazy

Glad I got my house construction under contract back in January before the latest Housing Boom exploded. The same 1800sf house today is approx $45K more. :eek: Until the demand for new housing stops I don't see lumber pricing going south in the next few years.