WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RV Insurance

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Who do you guys have? I had home and auto through AAA for years but when we moved to Acton AAA wouldn't insure the house because of fire danger.We went with another company and kept our auto with AAA. The new company dropped us because we have a ChildKiller 3000 trampaline. They drove by and saw it so now we are going with someone else with a little savings. They will do the truck but want the RV on a separate policy, meaning a lot more $$. How about it?

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I use USAA for everything.
Then I found out they sub-contract with Progressive for RV policies.

The USAA rate had a surcharge on it (since they were the middle-man), so it was cheaper for me to go directly to Progressive.

I pay $497/annually for a 2009 toy hauler with $50k declared value, $250 deductible.

rush1

Reaction score
I would join FMCA and get my insurance through them.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Forgot to put it's a Fleetwood Discovery 39J

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score

The USAA rate had a surcharge on it (since they were the middle-man), so it was cheaper for me to go directly to Progressive.

I pay $497/annually for a 2009 toy hauler with $50k declared value, $250 deductible.

I have mine through progressive.

Wife is checking with them right now. Thanks:thumbsup

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
All my junk is insured thru Allstate, both houses cars etc. The moho is a separate policy but linked together. $89.00 every 6 months for liability only as its a '90 pusher and resale is down to less than $15K so I take that risk myself....fuck them insurance whores...

Oh yeah, my policy cancellation (years ago) was for having German Shephard. I rescued the dog and carrier said we don't insure high risk dog breeds...pits, and shephards included. Served me right for rescuing a dog.....and I'd do it again in a flat fucking second!

Andy01

Reaction score
We should be able to do your home, auto and rv through farmers/foremost. With a multi line discount. If not we can write it through progressive.

DrHW

Reaction score
All my junk is insured thru Allstate, both houses cars etc. The moho is a separate policy but linked together. $89.00 every 6 months for liability only as its a '90 pusher and resale is down to less than $15K so I take that risk myself....fuck them insurance whores...

Oh yeah, my policy cancellation (years ago) was for having German Shephard. I rescued the dog and carrier said we don't insure high risk dog breeds...pits, and shephards included. Served me right for rescuing a dog.....and I'd do it again in a flat fucking second!

Please tell us how you really feel and don't hold back... :p

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Please tell us how you really feel and don't hold back... :p

Pissed off because all of my river neighbors have had our home owners triple in cost in the last five years because we are now in risk zone 10 because of the distance to closest firehouse. Mine (until I dropped it to self insure) went to $1180- per year, next door is $1500- and across the street is $1800.

I suppose you think that those rates are just A OK?

Fuck those blood sucking insurance companies.....

And, yes, that's how I really feel....thanx for asking.

C

Note that houses nor firehouse have moved in the last 50 years.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
We should be able to do your home, auto and rv through farmers/foremost. With a multi line discount. If not we can write it through progressive.

We went with Farmers for home and actually saved a little. We would save with the truck but when the rv is added they want over $800 for the motorhome taking away any savings. It's like it's not a multi discount but a whole other policy. AAA treats it like a second car added to the policy. Even the girl we dealt with said she didn't know why it was coming up like that.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score

Insurance for Trailer and towing for everything

http://www.goodsamclub.com/

Good Sam my wife found out does the same as the first quote. They were high also. BTW records are clean, no claims for years now.

rivergoer

OH SHIAT HERE WE GO AGAIN
Reaction score
Good Sam my wife found out does the same as the first quote. They were high also. BTW records are clean, no claims for years now.

If you can use USAA I would highly recommend it. The surcharge isn't shit and when I do claims you still go through them and their lawyers are awesome to fight claims in court....I have my house 4 vehicles 1 dirt bike 1 quad and a Harley and trailer on my USAA policy and I think I pay 150 a month with all full coverage. I also have a spotless drivers record.. And my homeowners covers my Doberman no problem. I use them for everything including car financing and what not.

senorpdog

Reaction score
Geico is who I use it was definitely the best deal

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
If you can use USAA I would highly recommend it. The surcharge isn't shit and when I do claims you still go through them and their lawyers are awesome to fight claims in court....I have my house 4 vehicles 1 dirt bike 1 quad and a Harley and trailer on my USAA policy and I think I pay 150 a month with all full coverage. I also have a spotless drivers record.. And my homeowners covers my Doberman no problem. I use them for everything including car financing and what not.

It probably varies...but in my case, the surcharge almost doubled the premium. Same for the Rhino and quads when I had them - I went straight to progressive for them, too.

I couldn't justify the cost/surcharge.

But I agree 100% that USAA can't be beat for service.