WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RV mattress

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I bought a new to me trailer and hate the mattress. What are any of you rv owners changing them out for. I need an RV queen so i can't fit a regular queen.

Icky

Reaction score
She just bought one at Sam's club to replace our weekend warrior mattress. We had the memory foam on it, but it still sucked compared to the new Sam's club mattress.

Meaney77

Reaction score
We did the Costco Memory Foam in our old 5th wheel. Look on Amazon some of the bed in the box companies offer an RV mattress option as well.

Cdog

Reaction score
Amazon foam full size queen in mine. I like it.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Not sure what we have in our class A but wife says it’s the same size as the queen at home.
One thing we both notice is we seem to sleep so much better in the motorhome. Probably because it’s still as firm as new because of the lack of everyday use.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Check out the Spa Sensations mattresses from Walmart. They are very cheap and are actually VERY comfortable. That's what we have at home and likely what we are going to replace it with.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
I had a credit at Camping World, so after the first trip in our new coach we decided we wanted something like our temperpedic for it so we ordered the Denver memory foam. Came in the short queen and was a perfect fit. For being a couple inches thinner than out temper in the house, it sleeps awesome and really about the same.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I had a credit at Camping World, so after the first trip in our new coach we decided we wanted something like our temperpedic for it so we ordered the Denver memory foam. Came in the short queen and was a perfect fit. For being a couple inches thinner than out temper in the house, it sleeps awesome and really about the same.

I put a Denver in our brand new toyhauler. Never even tried out the original because I knew it would be shit.

The Denver was a perfect fit and actually pretty awesome to sleep on.

Slats

Reaction score
Also check the base the mattress sits on. The plywood is usually very thin and sags. Especially if there is a hinge for storage access.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Also check the base the mattress sits on. The plywood is usually very thin and sags. Especially if there is a hinge for storage access.
mine is pretty thin and I may add more to it. since it is hinged I don't want to heavy of a mattress. I will check out all these recommendations

Slats

Reaction score
If you put a piece of 3/4 plywood on it it will make it much stiffer and comfortable.

DLC

Reaction score
An RV queen is like 6inches shorter ( queen Short) than a standard queen, we bought a regular queen when we upgraded our home mattress and didn’t get a box, it’s was always a great sleep when ever we headed out in our motorhome...

a few times we would just head out and watch a movie and go to sleep while the coach was parked in the side yard

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
My motorhome had a sleep number and loved it, next time i get one for the home thats what ill get

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Primo Matress from Sit And Sleep and don't look back.
Perfect for RV's.
We paid about $325 for a King, delivered and old mattress hauled off.

RV Mattresses have to be flexible for several reasons and the Primo fits the bill.
Best money we spent on the RV.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Amazon foam in the cab over. Huge improvement!!!!!! We have a full size queen but due to some of the cabinets we had a very serious height restriction.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
We have a plush bed RV Mattress. Highly recommend.
No cutting, just open the box where you want it and it comes alive. :eek: :) ;)

https://www.plushbeds.com/Memory-Foam-RV-Mattress.html

Oh and its made in the USA, I'm a big fan of that. I try to buy US made if I can.

sofa_foam_made_in_usa.jpg

Made in the USA
Our RV mattresses are crafted with pride in the USA, ensuring the highest product quality standards throughout the manufacturing and distribution process

Last edited:

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
If I ever make it to the river this year, I'm going to buy Amazon foam mattress and cut it to fit the bed in the trailer....one of the nicer mattresses I've slept on, and dirt cheap.

I did the same thing but with an Ikea foam mattress. Worked perfectly.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Bought one last Wednesday
Denver matress from spankys in parker
Pretty darn nice.
Call before you swing by, limited stock but will order over the phone

11" tall short queen

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
just ordered the Amazon one.

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
Get an Air Dream. There is a 4 inch air bed over a 4 inch box spring inside a mattress cover. Built in air pump with remote control. I even put one on my hida-bed for when we have company.

BLOWN HOWARD

Reaction score
The only place to buy one from is The Mattress Man in Whittier. Prices are killer and he will make you what ever you need home or RV

zhandfull

Reaction score
Costco memory foam but have a standard queen size in the Moho.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Check out the Mattress Man: He made WW factory stuff back in the day. He made me a topper for my bottom Toy Hauler bunk/couches. The price wasn’t much more than store stuff and he makes anything custom, is an avid off roader.

Family business in Santa Fe Springs, great quality.