WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rv repair upgrade shops close to Orange County

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I am going to be adding a second AC and need a few items fixed. Who is the go to shop for these things?

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
I bought my fifth wheel at Dennis Dillion and I had them install a second A/C before we took delivery. It was sealed up properly and has been flawless but my trailer was already wired for it so it was a plug and play deal just swapping out a roof vent for the AC.

When we took delivery of our trailer (which was used) a few things were micky mouse but I had them fix them all before I pulled it off the lot. Anything I can do myself I do, which has resulted in me not taking it back since I bought it. They have done right by me based on my experience so that is where I'd go.

RCDave

Reaction score
Colton Truck Terminal Garage.

Everyday of the week and 2x on sunday. This is a great shop

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Maybe not as close as you'd like but these guys are worth the trip. I brought my toyhauler all the out from Phoenix so Jim could have his guys do the work I needed.

Pattle

Reaction score
EXO Mobile RV Service
www.exomobilervservice.com

I've had these guys come out to my house a few times to work on my Lance camper. They do great work, reasonable rates, and best of all they come to me - I don't have to hassle with getting my rig over to them.

HBCraig

Reaction score
I have taken mine to Fairway Ford

Do Not, I repeat DO NOT take it Ferace' automotive
Total hack and offer no support

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Colton Truck Terminal Garage.

Everyday of the week and 2x on sunday. This is a great shop

They don't add AC's do they? Only chassis work,engine/trans stuff ...No?

Your ad here

Reaction score
There is a guy by the name of Bill Park that works at Rick's Trailer Supply in San Clemente. I cant remember if hes an employee or rents a spot in the yard. He did all the work on my dads Country Coach.

Ol Man

Reaction score
I had these folk do some work on my Phaeton earlier this year and was very happy. The big thing they did was to remove a stove top with a dishwasher below that and put in a gas oven/stove top. Looks like it was built that way from the factory.

DLC

Reaction score
Do some research on the 2nd ac my buddy added a high efficiency one his 5er and he just ran a cord with a 20 amp plug Then he plugs into the convince outlet On the post at the camp ground

Singleton

Reaction score
Do some research on the 2nd ac my buddy added a high efficiency one his 5er and he just ran a cord with a 20 amp plug Then he plugs into the convince outlet On the post at the camp ground

this. I have 2AC‘s already. Adding 3rd and wiring it so it runs off the pedestal and not powered through my trailers electrical system.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
this. I have 2AC‘s already. Adding 3rd and wiring it so it runs off the pedestal and not powered through my trailers electrical system.
That’s exactly what I am doing. My trailer is 30 amp so can’t run two anyways. But the second will surely help at havasu

UltraLucky

Reaction score
Maybe not as close as you'd like but these guys are worth the trip. I brought my toyhauler all the out from Phoenix so Jim could have his guys do the work I needed.

That’s exactly what I am doing. My trailer is 30 amp so can’t run two anyways. But the second will surely help at havasu
Had Jim at VIP do the exact that on my toyhauler. Very clean install with an outlet on the outside of the trailer to run a separate cord to the 15amp plug on the pedestal. Highly recommend these guys I have taken mine there since new.

Singleton

Reaction score

my trailer is 30amp as well. Run 2 13.5’s currently, but with 9.5’ to the ceiling, 2 is not enough.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
my trailer is 30amp as well. Run 2 13.5’s currently, but with 9.5’ to the ceiling, 2 is not enough.
What are you inside temps when it’s 115 outside? I am seeing 92-93 inside temps when it’s that hot

Singleton

Reaction score
What are you inside temps when it’s 115 outside? I am seeing 92-93 inside temps when it’s that hot

about the same in the rear section of the trailer and 86-88 in the front section.
my trailers rear section is 8.6 wide, 17 long and 10.6’ tall inside, so it is a large area to cool.
adding the 3rd AC that will be located towards the rear and should keep me in the low 80‘s no matter what it is outside.
was thinking of adding a mini-split, but can’t find any good location to mount the exterior section.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Check to see if the new AC location is already pre-wired for AC and Tstat. If so, easy drop in DIY.

No RV roof AC systems can handle temps above 105F very well. Above 110F forget it.

Singleton

Reaction score
Check to see if the new AC location is already pre-wired for AC and Tstat. If so, easy drop in DIY.

No RV roof AC systems can handle temps above 105F very well. Above 110F forget it.

115 is my F it is hot inside limit.
need to find something that shades the roof but can withstand Havasu monsoons

RCDave

Reaction score
I guess some rigs are insulated better than others. With 115-118 temps, my 2 15K btu roof A/C's will keep the coach in the high 70's to low 80's. The key for mine is exterior window shades on the front windows (class A). And when really hot and the front window is sun exposed, a foil window cover on the inside.

These class A shades are bad ass. And can be custom fit to any window in an RV or trailer

Last edited:

Bpracing1127

Reaction score

I did, not prewired

Deano

Reaction score
When my moho was at the Islander, I ran a mister with soft water at the condenser. I didn't take temps, but it helped a lot.

fmo24

Reaction score
I guess some rigs are insulated better than others. With 115-118 temps, my 2 15K btu roof A/C's will keep the coach in the high 70's to low 80's. The key for mine is exterior window shades on the front windows (class A). And when really hot and the front window is sun exposed, a foil window cover on the inside.

These class A shades are bad ass. And can be custom fit to any window in an RV or trailer

This. 👍 we have magne shade on windshield and drivers window. Bought a couple of 48” rolls of the silver bubble type material that we use inside windshield. I bet front seat area dropped 15 degrees