RV satellite system

LowRiver2

Reaction score
What brand , system works best?
Going on my toy hauler.
Thanks in advance

Ricks raft

Reaction score
Depends on what style you want. If portable or small dome You still get HD with dish not direct. Also king tailgaters portable dish has an optional quick release roof mount, so you can store and use it on roof, or if your parked under trees set it out from under trees.
If you want multiple receivers or dvr winegard traveler full size dish, motorized.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I use the king on mine. Had a hard mount and found myself parked under trees too often. So have the portable now.

fmo24

Reaction score
We have winegard direct dome on roof. There is situations where it will not get a signal though. Ours is in motion. Was on coach already. Not certain in motion is really necessary for just the two of us.

UltraLucky

Reaction score
We use the king pro with dish HD receivers. made a portable mount to put on roof or tripod. Has input for two satellite receivers. The Dish receivers can be turned on on a month to month basis.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
My rv had one on it when I bought and will never use it. Don't know what it is worth, auto finds satellites, that is all I know I w about it.

Tbrownski

Reaction score
I use a dish playmaker on a tripod and Wally receiver. Takes 2 minutes to set up and I can avoid trees when we’re in the mountains

outboard_256

Reaction score
roof mount if you want to use while driving. Tripod mount if you camp under tree's.

81Sprint

Reaction score
Dish Wally and playmaker, not the cheapest deal out there but it does have a good picture

FlatBottomGuy

Reaction score
Have a hard mount now, but about to go unplugged and getting rid of all my boxes...anyone use a hotspot and just a smartTV? If yes how strong of a wifi connection is needed?

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Have a hard mount now, but about to go unplugged and getting rid of all my boxes...anyone use a hotspot and just a smartTV? If yes how strong of a wifi connection is needed?

I use a Winegard connect T 2.0 for wifi on the 5er. Kids use the wifi while in the truck and then the smart TV in the trailer. Worked well for out Texas trip and remote learning for the kids.

We even ran 2 different tv shows streaming and no issues.

FlatBottomGuy

Reaction score
I use a Winegard connect T 2.0 for wifi on the 5er. Kids use the wifi while in the truck and then the smart TV in the trailer. Worked well for out Texas trip and remote learning for the kids.

We even ran 2 different tv shows streaming and no issues.

Awesome that's the answer I was looking for. Thank you very much!

Cdog

Reaction score
Dish/King Tailgater. We do a lot of woods camping. A permanent mount set up would leave us with no signal 90% of the time. Dish is much cheaper for the sat portion with HD.

Dish has an app to turn it on, But you have to call to turn it off early. With the pay as you go account they prorate the month when you turn off early.