WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RV security cameras

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Anybody using anything? Anybody knock on my door and they would be considered a threat. Its hard to see outside without making yourself a target.

So......What ya got setup for outside camera security you can look at when inside OR when you are away?

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
She uses me as a human shield. "Honey go see what that noise was_Angie seeking defensive posture" It's oddly similar to the time she sent me out of the tent half-naked to see what kind of bear was into our camp gear.
lol.....Good job Angie :)

In NM....Had to go out and check on an issue. I tried to get Roxy to lead and she dropped back as I went out with my "baseball bat" lol

grumpy88

Reaction score
Our dog is great at giving away my element of suprise ! Unless its a skunk . Then she wants out first to get sprayed and then run back inside to report ! Lol

Icky

Reaction score
I was reading on the furrion tow cameras, you can also use them as security cameras while parked. I believe there's a switch you can purchase to power them when not connected to your truck. Haven't really looked into all that much though

81Sprint

Reaction score
Only problem with Ring is you will need Wifi. I have one installed on our 5th wheel with a solar charger and just did some 3M double sided outdoor adhesive to hold it on.

1635945041960.png

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Only problem with Ring is you will need Wifi. I have one installed on our 5th wheel with a solar charger and just did some 3M double sided outdoor adhesive to hold it on.

View attachment 1063294

Thats the big issue....lack of wifi. I guess one way around it is to get a phone that is used for nothing other than a hotspot connection when not at the trailer. Don't always have a good connection though.

This may be the "cheapest" way of going though

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
Thats the big issue....lack of wifi. I guess one way around it is to get a phone that is used for nothing other than a hotspot connection when not at the trailer. Don't always have a good connection though.

Not sure if you care about having interweb, but our cell-based system has been working really well. Perhaps Angie and I need to do a video on it? :)

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Not sure if you care about having interweb, but our cell-based system has been working really well. Perhaps Angie and I need to do a video on it? :)
I have true unlimited data and that is fine for when there. I want to be able to see when not there.

Yes.....put it up if you haven't Jeff

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
I have true unlimited data and that is fine for when there. I want to be able to see when not there.

Yes.....put it up if you haven't Jeff
Seems you would be able to see the camera from anywhere you have cellular connectivity with a Ring.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Seems you would be able to see the camera from anywhere you have cellular connectivity with a Ring.
Right. When I am gone I have my phone so….i would have to get another phone just for that which I leave on while gone.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I will look out for your vid and check it out

I think you can add a 2nd line with Verizon for $10 per month. Just use the second phone for camera connnection when you are stopped and not there?

Or a MiFi.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
We have a Verizon hot spot (8800l) in the coach for internet access, wireless access to the thermostat and generator start functions, but have not considered a camera due to data limits. We have an unlimited phone plan, but for $40/mo, the hotspot is only 50GB/mo. No one offers an unlimited hotspot that I'm aware of. We have Nest cameras at home and those burn about 4GB/day to upload to their cloud. I'm not sure if the Ring does the same, always sending the video to the cloud or if it's stored local until requested. Something to consider.

Nordie

Reaction score
We have a Verizon hot spot (8800l) in the coach for internet access, wireless access to the thermostat and generator start functions, but have not considered a camera due to data limits. We have an unlimited phone plan, but for $40/mo, the hotspot is only 50GB/mo. No one offers an unlimited hotspot that I'm aware of. We have Nest cameras at home and those burn about 4GB/day to upload to their cloud. I'm not sure if the Ring does the same, always sending the video to the cloud or if it's stored local until requested. Something to consider.

There is a way around it, I think t-mobile has a true unlimited data, just get a cheap phone and use only as a hot spot. I just don't know how good their network is while out on the road. A couple ring cameras with the solar panels and a hot spot I would imagine would do the trick.

I have no idea how much my ring cameras use data wise.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I have a true unlimited VZN data plan. I am a grandfathered in corporate account. If i dont make any changes to the account I get to keep the unlimited, non throttled data plan. guess I could just forward the number to a very cheap phone and use that one when away. Just use the current ph as the hub

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Look into the modem class of whatever device you decide to get. I had considered using one of our old phones as the hotspot, but it was only a class 12 modem. The hotspot I bought has a class 18 modem in it for more connections to the tower on different (hopefully less congested) bands and faster speeds.

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
Can't you use a 12 volt backup camera, wireless and attach to the outside of the trailer/RV?

something like this

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score

Ring has a new job site box...I saw it on Black Friday and meant to shoot the ad to you. It was like two cameras, and some sort of cell signal based wifi. Ill find the link and text it to you. Would probably be perfect for your application. Can you shoot me Jen's number, Bri shattered her phone and we don't have it now. We left the dogs in Havasu till after New Years and I just wanted to tell her thanks for the offer.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I use these to keep an eye on the dog while gone, they also monitor the temperature inside just in case something happens to the AC. You can also talk to the dog as well. Add some Velcro to the back and stick them outside your rig as well and just yank them off whe you hit the road.

Blink Outdoor - wireless,... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086DL32R3?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Ring has a new job site box...I saw it on Black Friday and meant to shoot the ad to you. It was like two cameras, and some sort of cell signal based wifi. Ill find the link and text it to you. Would probably be perfect for your application. Can you shoot me Jen's number, Bri shattered her phone and we don't have it now. We left the dogs in Havasu till after New Years and I just wanted to tell her thanks for the offer.
Tx. I will check it out

Check your PM