WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RV Tires

Riverguy553

Reaction score
So what's everyone's take on RV tires, what brand and pros vs cons? Just bought a 32' Southwind motorhome and it needs new tires (19.5). Also anyone here can recommend a place near Chino?

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Hankook ah11's are good. For the 19'5s. Easy to find local also.

X Hoser

Reaction score
So what's everyone's take on RV tires, what brand and pros vs cons? Just bought a 32' Southwind motorhome and it needs new tires (19.5). Also anyone here can recommend a place near Chino?

There's a place in Anaheim I think? Jacks Truck Supplies or something similar? When I was looking for mine they had the best prices. Sold mine before actually having to buy tires. RV People are very picky about tires. Michelin and Goodyear seem to be the most acceptable. Some like the TOYO's. I would definitely stay away from the Chinese brands.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Freddys tire in Riverside. Right off the 60 fwy. Don't judge the book by it's cover.

Cool people.

I always ask for USA made tires. They cost more, but the side of the coach doesn't get torn off either.

Brian

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Freddie & Son Tire's

4321 Campbell St Ste A
Riverside , CA 92509 (951) 685-6626

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
Enen, To the white courtesy phone. (pretty sure it's Enen)

He's got the info to go with.

purrfecttremor

Reaction score
I have 22.5 s onmine with only 86600 mi. On them but but there pushing 6 years old so I'm starting to to look also. I think I'll stay with Michelin well the price might be scary:(

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
19.5s suck for price compared to 16's too.

I have 19.5's on my Aerbus that I got from Freddys.

I can check the brand when I get home. I want to say they are Michelins

Brian

Enen

Reaction score
Enen, To the white courtesy phone. (pretty sure it's Enen)

He's got the info to go with.

ANYTHING but Goodyear's . Michelin is the best but also the most $. Toyo, Cooper and Bridgestone all have a really good tire in 19.5.

X Hoser

Reaction score
ANYTHING but Goodyear's . Michelin is the best but also the most $. Toyo, Cooper and Bridgestone all have a really good tire in 19.5.
^^^^^Now that I think more about it everyone said to STAY AWAY from the Goodyears. Michelin or Bridgestone are what were recommended to me

Enen

Reaction score
^^^^^Now that I think more about it everyone said to STAY AWAY from the Goodyears. Michelin or Bridgestone are what were recommended to me

I could write a dissertation to support my opinion as to why I won't put a Goodyear on anything I own. The short version is spend a few extra bucks on a different brand.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Never had any trouble with my goodyears but they sure have a lousy reputation and I was glad to get them off my rig.

Went with Toyo's this time - very pleased with them.

I bought from Colton Truck terminal.

UD

truggyboy

Reaction score
Never had a problem with my goodyear tires on my Moho and they were 11 years old, I know waited to long to replace, but didn't want to spend over 3k to replace so I went with hurculies tires. Seemed to have good reviews and were about 1/3 the price.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
I went with Michelins on mine. They are 22.5's. Got them at Discount tire through a hookup, but Discount doesn't mount & balance RV tires. When it was all said and done it was about $2600 including mount & balance. I didn't have dismount or disposal bc I found a brand new set of Alcoas on Craig's. Sold the old tires and steel wheels for $100

RVRKID

Reaction score

I will PM you some pricing tomorrow, shop is in Upland off Euclid on Foothill.

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score
I have 22.5 s onmine with only 86600 mi. On them but but there pushing 6 years old so I'm starting to to look also. I think I'll stay with Michelin well the price might be scary:(

I just put 6 new toyo tires on my motorhome 3 weeks ago replaced the old Michelin 22.5. Went to Buds tire in riverside and got everything with road hazard for $1840.00 OTD. That was the best price I found.

Squirtsfar

Reaction score
I have to put two sets of Michelin's (285/70/22.5's) :thumbup: on my MoHo. Not because of mileage but age (right at 6 years). I would recommend spending the extra cash. Knock on wood but I have never had a problem. I have several friends install many of the other bands already mentioned in this tread. They have all had failures of some sort. One of my close friends actually totaled his MoHo when a right front blew at 65 mph.:yikes The others had expensive repairs due to the damage caused by the tire failure. :thumbsdown

Just my 2 cents....

RCDave

Reaction score
I have Toyo's on my RV as well. Very well built tires.

PVHCA

Reaction score
I will PM you some pricing tomorrow, shop is in Upland off Euclid on Foothill.

I know a place on Third/Foothill, but all they sell is China stuff, but it's made by Michelin, LOL

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score
I have to put two sets of Michelin's (285/70/22.5's) :thumbup: on my MoHo. Not because of mileage but age (right at 6 years). I would recommend spending the extra cash. Knock on wood but I have never had a problem. I have several friends install many of the other bands already mentioned in this tread. They have all had failures of some sort. One of my close friends actually totaled his MoHo when a right front blew at 65 mph.:yikes The others had expensive repairs due to the damage caused by the tire failure. :thumbsdown

Just my 2 cents....

I did a lot of reading on the Rv Forums and everyone that had Toyo tires were very happy with them, I had to replace mine due to age. I talked to a lot of people and for me being a part time user of my motorhome I didn't want to spend the money for Michelin's . I hear the Toyos are a very good tire.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
I did a lot of reading on the Rv Forums and everyone that had Toyo tires were very happy with them, I had to replace mine due to age. I talked to a lot of people and for me being a part time user of my motorhome I didn't want to spend the money for Michelin's . I hear the Toyos are a very good tire.

The toyos in my size were barely cheaper than Michelins and I couldn't find michelins in my size that were fresh they were all 1 year+ old.

- they were also rated 5 MPH faster than the others at 75 MPH vs 70.

UD

PVHCA

Reaction score
Flame away but I put the cheapest that I can find. Mine time out WAY before wear out.

Last set taken off had 18K miles in 8 years.

Agree 100%, the average MoHo sees about 3K per year on the clock, the tires start cracking before they hit 10K, go with some China brand and junk them every 3-5 years.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Flame away but I put the cheapest that I can find. Mine time out WAY before wear out.

I'll wait until it warms up. If I light you on fire now, it would be too comfortable. :)

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
Michelin XRV. I put those on the front of ours and it made it dive like a brand to car. I could not believe the difference it made. Granted the old tires needed to be replaced, but I did. It think they would be that different.

They are a bit pricey, but I'll be buying them again.

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
Also I took the wheels off myself to save some money. My leveling jacks get the wheels off the ground and make it super easy.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Never had a problem with my goodyear tires on my Moho and they were 11 years old, I know waited to long to replace, but didn't want to spend over 3k to replace so I went with hurculies tires. Seemed to have good reviews and were about 1/3 the price.

I had GY's on my Dynasty. They were 9 years old, 26K miles, kept inside. Lost a right steering. Nearly lost the entire rig. Did 2,250.00 damage to the Motorhome. I replaced the rears with Hankook's & fronts with GY 670's. Enen's detailed explanation convinced me to replace the steering axle with Michelins.

Safety comes absolutely first when family, AND OTHERS FAMILIES are involved.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Goodyear sells tire based on name and brand loyalty. They are overpriced and underperforming.

Toyo, Yokohama also build a nice rv tire. Michelin is great except for the price and I think they are on a national backorder.

Stay away from Sumitomo and Hercules also.

jack14r

Reaction score
If you join FMCA (Family motor coach association)which cost almost nothing you will be a member of the Michelin Advantage program and Michelins will be at least 30% cheaper,I am a member and also purchase for my cars and trucks.

Enen

Reaction score

Agree 100%, the average MoHo sees about 3K per year on the clock, the tires start cracking before they hit 10K, go with some China brand and junk them every 3-5 years.

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. If you choose this route, carry really really good insurance.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. If you choose this route, carry really really good insurance.

The possibility of a second failure is all it took for me to replace two brand new GY 670's. When a steering axle loses a tire, towing a Raptor and the whole show nearly goes over, It got my attention.

This failure also tight me; NEVER, ever relax, get complacent, lose concentration, give myself room at all times. These things are big, don't stop well.

I made a habit out of driving with one hand, play with all the neat stuff in the cockpit, eat, drink and generally just ride and guide. Now, I take it as a responsibility tied to lives, because it is.

shan

Reaction score

I can't believe you managed 8 years out of them. I'm lucky to get 2 out of my trailer tires. Sitting kills them.

Riverguy553

Reaction score
Seems like Hankook is a good tire and affordable. I have called several places today and they all recommended Hankook, Toyo or Dunlop. They all said Michelin are hands down the best but they told me the sidewalls Crack in 3 years regardless of how much use and they are bank... Will make up my mind by tomorrow I hope.

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
I can't believe you managed 8 years out of them. I'm lucky to get 2 out of my trailer tires. Sitting kills them.

In my best Sam Kennison voice...."Move out of the fuckin' desert...."

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Seems like Hankook is a good tire and affordable. I have called several places today and they all recommended Hankook, Toyo or Dunlop. They all said Michelin are hands down the best but they told me the sidewalls Crack in 3 years regardless of how much use and they are bank... Will make up my mind by tomorrow I hope.

RV.net is full of posts about Michelin cracking issues...

Runs2rch

Reaction score

The Hankook's are great tires. Running them now on a 35 Winnie.

Enen

Reaction score
Here is a great video on Motorhome tires and load management.
[video=youtube_https;d-gPwNZgDGA]https://youtu.be/d-gPwNZgDGA[/video]