WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rv Trip - Where? And What would ya..

wallnutz

Reaction score
Kids are out of school in a few days and we want to take the Motorhome and do some quick trips for a week or so..

So we were thinking about hitting Prescott.. or?

where are some places to take a motorhome that is fun for the family? Do you stay at the parks for just find a place and camp?

Also I am kinda thinking about buying a little cheap car or keep or something to throw on the trailer and tow behind us so we have some wheels wherever we go..

Anyone selling anything? Or have any leads in anything? Needs to seat five.. preferably six in case I take my mom.
I don’t know about the next week or two, but you should head to Idaho with us in August. Planning on 12 days. Hitting St Anthony’s for a couple of days, then heading to West Yellowstone on the SxS’s for a couple of days. Plan on stopping off in a couple different places in Utah on the way home. Be perfect to take your new speed car. Sucks we are going to miss this https://www.riverdavesplace.com/for...-pend-oreille-idaho-fun-run-july-24th.230330/
I just can’t take that much time off.

squeezer

Reaction score
What poverty stricken masses? Lol. I’ve been to China and many other places in the world.. I’m not sure Americans know what “poverty” is..

I race in a sailing fleet Tuesday evenings.

This was last week... (33rd between Marine Dr and HWY 30 for those familiar with the area)

Attachments

• IMG_4536.MOV
    70.7 MB

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Hit the 40 over to 395.. hit all the lil small towns on the way up. Boondock in Alabama hills.. cut over to Tonopah, Goldfield mining towns. Hit Vegas on the way back down..then head through Nipton to searchlight and back home

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Dave,
Skip Prescott, Check out Big Lake, Az in Eastern Arizona its beautiful there's a bunch of campsites there to choose from. The trout fishing is great if your into that and if haul up a UTV. There's a ton of trails to check out. Several people mentioned Bryce and Brianhead in Utah. Those are both excellent choices as well.
Along these lines..... the White Mountains in Eastern AZ. Lots of really cool camp sites over there. I'm sure the rzr could be useful in many as well.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

hawgty55

Reaction score
If your looking towards the grand canyon. Williams is great for adults and kids. Prescott is great but not alot for the kids. Williams grand canyon rv park is nice clean and has alot of pull thru spots. Alot of people do this and also hit bearazona but need a car to go thru the exhibit i believe.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
There isn't a week's worth of activities on Carlsbad... Make it road trip, two days there, two or three back. Find some nice RV parks with a pool for them kiddos.

I'd make a loop up through the 4 corners and back across southern Utah. Go ride the train in Durango while you still can.

Agree with this......

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
My kids always had the most fun in Glamis and at the beach. There is something about playing in the sand that kids just naturally love.

My kids don't remember shit about Zion, Brice, Yellowstone or or the other cool places I took them. But they remember all the places that had sand to play in. They never got bored with that.

See if you can get into Newport Dunes. Expensive, but a whole lota fun. 👍

:)

Sounds like a good plan but I doubt he can get a spot there at this late date

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
would you consider going to hell?

go in a handcart and check a box on the "Been There Done That" list.
Do the round trip and you also check the "Hell And Back" box
Capture.JPG

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
New Braunfels Tx. 1150 miles each way give or take. We do it in 17hrs. Probably take you a little longer in an RV.

Check out Schlitterbahn water park...get a cabana if you do it...trust me on that part of it.

Floating on the Comal...spring fed water, you can also do the Guadalupe bend.

Gruene historic area along with Gruene hall

Music @ Whitewater on the bend
https://www.whitewaterrocks.com (If you go to this at the end of the month I have some COJO tickets I need to sell since we are going to havasu.

Luckenbach, Wimberly, Fredricksburg, Spring Branch etc are all pretty family friendly and have good breweries and usually live music.

There's SO MUCH good in this right here, especially for your family/kids ages. We do this about every August. Humid as all hell, but Always a great time. Get the season passes for Schlitterbahn, and like Ace said, a Cabaña is a must! Surfenberg at the "new" park is our fav, or Congo at the old. you free shuttle between the 2. Go 3 days, pays for the passes. Float the Comal on days between. If there's a shitty weather day, San Antonio and the riverwalk / Alamo are 35-40 minutes away. We like Hill Country RV. Fork and Spoon for breakfast (stupid good cinnamon rolls) and there's a Buckees 5 minutes away, and Super HEB 5 minutes, same exit.

For a Nice loop, look at Tombstone for 2 nights, Then head to the Carlsbad Caverns 2 nights, (You're welcome to stop here for an afternoon, dinner or camp for the night, I have full 50a hookups) Then head north to TICO Time by the Co./NM border, Durango for a 2 nights, Then head back home through Sedona for 2 nights. There's a 9-10 day run that has a TON to do and see.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan but I doubt he can get a spot there at this late date

Ya never know...

For the most part, I'm gonna agree with you. But there are always people who cancel!

Great time of year for Avila Beach too. Lots of place to explore close by too. Another great spot for the kids. 👍

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Ya never know...

For the most part, I'm gonna agree with you. But there are always people who cancel!

Great time of year for Avila Beach too. Lots of place to explore close by too. Another great spot for the kids. 👍

always possible yes

I think Avila Beach is first come first served. Loved staying here for a week right on the ocean front. We got lucky about 5 years ago or so.

Reactions: DLC

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
always possible yes

I think Avila Beach is first come first served. Loved staying here for a week right on the ocean front. We got lucky about 5 years ago or so.

On the beach? Yes, FCFS. There is an RV park on the hill above the pier though. I say in the overflow, dry camp area. Great view of the harbor!

Reactions: DLC

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
On the beach? Yes, FCFS. There is an RV park on the hill above the pier though. I say in the overflow, dry camp area. Great view of the harbor!

well....just above the beach. We were in the park and moved over to there on the first come first served basis Short walk down to the sand and a slightly longer short walk to the pier. Great location and we were water side

LowRiver2

Reaction score
We sold our rv a few years ago, as the ability to just get up and go became impossible due to reservations at crowded campsites. Even during the off season it was just too much.
100%
I spend more F’n time trying to book camp spots than I’ll ever admit, hence why I love winter boondocking.
It sucks when you only have 4 days at a time to Rv from so cal, can’t go far.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Hit the 40 over to 395.. hit all the lil small towns on the way up. Boondock in Alabama hills.. cut over to Tonopah, Goldfield mining towns. Hit Vegas on the way back down..then head through Nipton to searchlight and back home
We drove thru the Alabama Hills in mid April. I've never seen that many RVs dry camping out there. Love that area. Surprised to see there's now a friggin' Shoe City in Independence. That little town no longer has even a grocery store. Mair's Mkt was boarded up tight. But they have a friggin Shoe City! WTF, only in CA.